Forum Championship League | BELGIAN GP 22/01/2021 Read more... ×

Has the AI got harder this year?

They have definitely  been improved I'm 80 currently  trying to get used to it again, they seem far more aggressive, happy  to leave the racing line to slip stream off you. They in general feel more alive now 

• Agree 1

I raced on 100 last year and could be 0.5s ahead of my teammate in career.

Now I'm matching Jack Aitken on 95. 🤯

For me it's the total opposite, couldn't get up to pace last year, this year have to increase the difficulty. Maybe it's driving style dependent 

The AI is always slightly improved year on year. This is to compensate for the natural progression of the player and their improved driving skill year on year

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Rhyme_Latvia said:

For me it's the total opposite, couldn't get up to pace last year, this year have to increase the difficulty. Maybe it's driving style dependent 

I’m in the same boat as you. Feeling very comfortable and consistent already on the pad. Just plugging the wheel in now.

• Agree 1

I find Im still about the same laptime and race pace wise at the same difficulty I've used since 2018, but they're definitely more bold at making moves and don't give up as easily. Also finding the AI can lockup and make more mistakes. Overall I'm enjoying it so far 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SingaporeTrackLizard said:

Actually after a bit of setup work I am back at my old ai level.

What did you change?

EDIT: I would add that with new ers the user lost a potential edge too (in race pace and situations in particular)

Edited by sirio994

33 minutes ago, sirio994 said:

What did you change?

EDIT: I would add that with new ers the user lost a potential edge too (in race pace and situations in particular)

Almost everything. Veloce James has a great series for setups. He's done 2 tracks already.

I was thinking the opposite was around 90-95 last year thus year already at 100ish to make it realistic.  Not moanong one of the bigger changes ive noticed is the ai doesnt have crazy traction and pull away at every corner exit.

• Agree 1

On controller I’m really struggling, I don’t think it’s the ai have gotten lots better instead even with medium traction control I’m sliding out of corners. I think it’s the change in the way the car handles that’s catching a lot of us out.

On f2 I’ve had to drop 100 to 96. At Barhain on 100 the ai are 0.8 of a second faster than real 2019 pole time

For me the AI is far easier and slower. In F1 2019 I used to race with the AI on 93 for F1 and 100 for F2 and it was challenging for me. Now I have the AI on 110 for both and Im faster and I struggle far less than on F1 2019. Also in My Team I qualy 3rd and have no problem maintaining the position nor overtaking. I don't know why for me the AI is far worst in difficulty (I'm on Xbox with controller).

Edited by galisteo02

Online there are so many different opinions about the AI.

@BarryBL has the AI been changed from Beta 2 to Beta 3 (and consequently to the final game)? Has it been adjusted accordingly to how the added downforce impacts different tracks? Cause I'm clearly seeing a faster pace (even taking into account the new handling) and less consistency across different tracks (even the Beta ones). I've seen users reporting that lap times are different platform to platform.

Is it all right with the AI?

Edited by sirio994

Xbox is current around 0.3 seconds slower due to not having the latest handling model which has more downforce.