Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×
FORUM MAINTENANCE | 11/05/2021 AM Read more... ×

Alternative strategy not showing properly - all modes - 5/5

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

when getting damage in a race and getting the call saying an alternative strategy Is available, when opening mfd all that shows us current strategy and below shows a 0 stops strategy where I’m pretty sure it’s suppose to give you the new strategy. 
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

3.       Game-mode?

multiplayer, Grand Prix and my team
4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too.

tried this 5 times and every time it doesn’t work.

replication: start 25% race get front wing damage to get the call on the radio and every time it doesn’t show the alternative strategy.
5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Have reset game and Xbox numorous time and still does it.
6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

logitech g920
7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

D8D92726-8F8F-465D-B8C0-7844EE0928AE.jpeg

Edited by dansmotorsport
Added photo
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

nothing like that has ever happened to me before

5 minutes ago, dansmotorsport said:

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

when getting damage in a race and getting the call saying an alternative strategy Is available, when opening mfd all that shows us current strategy and below shows a 0 stops strategy where I’m pretty sure it’s suppose to give you the new strategy. 
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

3.       Game-mode?

multiplayer, Grand Prix and my team
4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too.

tried this 5 times and every time it doesn’t work.

replication: start 25% race get front wing damage to get the call on the radio and every time it doesn’t show the alternative strategy.
5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Have reset game and Xbox numorous time and still does it.
6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

logitech g920
7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

Similar issue on PC with v1.03, there are lot of reports around bugs with suggested strategies, tires and rules around tires (disqualifications). Glad to see developers have picked this up, but really surprised these issue have not been noticed and fixed during beta testing. Or are the ones that pre-ordered the game the real beta-testers for this game, paying Codemasters to beta-test...?

Yeah, I encountered this issue twice today. Both on My Team, racing 25% on Hanoi and China. It will take a while to upload the videos as I'll have a busy day today, but will do.

In China Jeff kept bugging me to:

1. Change for a "new strategy" of zero stops;

2. Box lap came in and I got that overlay saying I'm pitting for Hard when the original strategy was for Mediums. I had to turn it manually back to Mediums on the MFD before going in.

Back in Hanoi it was even worse. Jeff:

1. Simply announced they had a new strategy for me and told me to box without giving me the prompt to accept the changes. I was on lap 3 or 4 end the most worn our tyre was on low 30s.

2. After pitting, he kept pestering me again to box every lap for the last 4 laps of the event, last lap included. I just ignored him. I don't think anybody else pitted a second time.

I abused the flashback function to see if he was going to offer me this bargain again, specially in China, and he did. Sometimes though he said they had a new strategy and to open the radio menu but there was nothing there.

I'm on PS4 v1.04

Also noticed the issue once during Austrian GP with 25% race distance when eventually rain set in and it probably was supposed to suggest changing to intermediates (which I didn't take anyway because only a few laps remained and wasn't worth it).

Anyway even if I didn't want to change the strategy I still saw that it also displayed exactly the same like above. "Keep current strategy" or 0 stops as alternative... which seemed kinda buggy.

Edited by MeduSalem

I get this to, every time. Never a new strategy when opening MFD after Jeffs saying there is one, always only Keep current.

Have also been getting this in my PC game, never yet had Jeff actually give me a strategy when this appears.  Best example is my current Vietnam race, started in the wet which has now turned dry, hes obviously trying to tell me to switch to drys however it never actually appears as an option, only ways Stops 0.  One thing I have noticed is that sometimes the section where the new Strat should appear it just says "Full Race Update".

Same issue, playing on PC patch 1.03

It never displays correctly, saw this bug like 50 times already.

same here on pc the only way to work around this is to adjust tyres for the situation manually, but new players will find this extremly difficult. glad to see this is with developers and hopefully next weeks patch fixes this among other issues

Same here, every single race in my team mode.

Steam, version 1.03.