Jump to content Jump to content

custom / reverse grid

F1Gamer_TV

• 11 months later...

I remember in F1 2001, you could move the grid around and I'd always put Schumi in 22nd, Montoya in 21st and Hakkinen in 20th. Marques would always start at the front and he'd get absolutely mugged by 2nd place starting Button. (I really liked Jenson back then). As Michael was so much faster than anyone else, he'd tend to win the full-length races anyway.  

I could see it happening in a "Spectator Mode" where you're basically the TV Director, but I think it'll be a few years off when they run out of other exciting things to include. 

On 6/9/2021 at 6:11 PM, Sector4 said:

Bumping this. Should be easy to implement since we already have it online but I read somewhere that it's an issue with the license because they need to "accurately represent" the current F1 season or something. 

Hey Codemasters, just ask Liberty to tell Ferrari to STFU again and put custom grids in the game. 

But what is accurate about hardly any retirements so backmarker teams never score points? In real life, last season Alfa Romeo and Haas managed to score points because of that. In the game a race always has just one retirement, two tops. 

25 minutes ago, DutchRacer87 said:

But what is accurate about hardly any retirements so backmarker teams never score points? In real life, last season Alfa Romeo and Haas managed to score points because of that. In the game a race always has just one retirement, two tops. 

I think it stems more from the AI driver behaviour that there is a lack of retirements. 
There are on average one to two mechanical blowouts a race in the game and sometimes, on a lucky day, you get three mechanical issues. 
However, in real life, there’s accidents that either rule drivers out on the spot, or hinder their speed (floor damage, drag, etc) which gives the aforementioned opportunities to Alfa and Haas to sneak points.  However, the AI in the game has a tendency to drive on rails behind each other and not even attempt to make a move unless they’re considerably faster and can pull it off.  This lack of consistent collision damage is where the lack of retirements and handicapped vehicles to give alternative teams some points stems from. 

Still adds to the discussion about ‘accurate representation’  Sector4 mentioned. Cars crash into each other or crash themselves all the time in real life. But in the game never. Guess it has to do with the limitations of the PS4/Xbox One? Let’s hope the power of the PS5 in the next few years adds more realism with AI crashes too.

Archived