F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

My team difficulty possible bug

so has anyone noticed the difficulty in my team is much harder than grandprix. So i played a gp race as leclerc on 98 ai. And qualified 1sec faster than p2 so i used 98 in my team the first race was okay qualfiyed 22nd and got up to p18 in race. Then next race i lowered difficulty from 98 to 92 and still qualified last and came last in the race. Lapping around 1 second slower than my team mate and now ive lowered it to 88 and still came last. 

Dont think its turning down the difficulty and keeping what i selected when i set up save

I cant see why this is a bug, you have gone from a top team (Ferrari) in GP mode to a bottom 3 team (MyTeam) ?

• Haha 1

I think you'd need to do better testing. On 1 GP, do qualifying on 98 and see the AI times. Then restart the session/career and re-do the qualifying on 88 and see the AI times. If they stay the same, then there's an issue. If they are considerably lower on 88, then there's no issue. 

Don't forget to take video/screenshots to add to any bug reporting for Codies to see the evidence and try and mimic in order to fix.

Also if it’s not the same track take into account you might be stronger at certain tracks. I fly around Austria and silverstone but can’t get any sort of rhythm at Mexico so I lower the difficulty when I need to.

Without more info I think it's easy to chalk this up to the balance of the cars.   In GP mode they're essentially at 100% of their performance.  In My Team and Career modes, season one they strip away the upgrades that you have to develop through R&D, so yes, the cars will drive slower and handle worse from my experience in the past games.  Especially if you are a lower team like Williams or your own team in My Team.   I haven't experimented with My Team yet since Xbox is still stuck at ver 1.01 without the day 1 patches but I did poke around in Career mode a bit this morning and the performance difference between the McLaren I ran in GP mode, was less than it was in Career mode.  That's by design though I believe so you can build the car up through R&D