Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 | PITCOINS NOW ASSIGNED - ONLINE SERVICES BACK ONLINE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Game crashes after some laps in Zandvoort Time Trial

Hi CM,

After a decent few hours yesterday on F1 2020 I'm sorry to have to report I'm now getting ego dumper crashes. This is an urgent issue for me guys as I'm in the process of streaming the game this week. thanks.

1.       Decription: After around 3 or 4 time trail laps of Zandvoort the game crashes and gives me an ego dumper report.
2.       Version: 1.03
3.       Time trial
4.       This has happened 4 times 
5.       I've restarted, checked for GPU driver updates and verified game files
6.       Logitech G920
7.       No screenshots as the game crashes out but I've attached DXdiag and crash dump files

666824-20200707-121444-0.zip

DxDiag.txt

I've only being playing today and I'm sorry to have to report I'm now getting Ego dumper crashes also.

1.       After around 3 or 4 time trial laps of a track Zandvoort, Silverstone and now Melbourne the game crashes and gives me an ego dumper report.
3.       Time trial
4.       This has happened 3 times 
6.       Fanatec CSL Elite, Clubsport Formula Wheel F1 2020 Limited Edition, CSPv1 pedals.
7.       No screenshots as the game crashes out but I've attached DXdiag and crash dump files

666824-20200707-220731-0.zip

DxDiag.txt

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

I've only being playing today and I'm sorry to have to report I'm now getting Ego dumper crashes also.

1.       After around 3 or 4 time trial laps of a track Zandvoort, Silverstone and now Melbourne the game crashes and gives me an ego dumper report.
3.       Time trial
4.       This has happened 3 times 
6.       Fanatec CSL Elite, Clubsport Formula Wheel F1 2020 Limited Edition, CSPv1 pedals.

666824-20200707-220731-0.zip

DxDiag.txt

At least we get to chat again Steve 😂 

• Haha 1

Also getting EGO Dumper crashed. Sometimes at launch, sometimes in game. This seems buggy as. I've had audio cutting out, black screens with no cars or tracks, and this crash issue.

8 hours ago, jbul8 said:

Also getting EGO Dumper crashed. Sometimes at launch, sometimes in game. This seems buggy as. I've had audio cutting out, black screens with no cars or tracks, and this crash issue.

DXDiag and complete bug report will help tell your story @jbul8

12 hours ago, BarryBL said:

DXDiag and complete bug report will help tell your story @jbul8

DXDiag provided.

1.       Decription: ego dumper report and crash, has occured 3 times when launching game from steam, has occurred twice when in time trial.
3.       Time trial and at launch
4.       This has happened 5 times 
6.       Razer wildcat xbox 1 gamepad
7.       I've attached DXdiag and I have sent/submitted the ego dumper crash report a couple of times after this crash 

This game for nearly $100 seems incredibly buggy and not finished. I've had sound glitches, black screens with no tracks or cars, and then this crash. I'd never try and do a race in the current game as I'm confident I would not finish the even before getting this ego dumper crash - it's incredibly frequent. 2 hours spent in this game (much of it trying to find workarounds to bugs) and have had this crash 5 times. Really disappointing, first time I've purchased F1 at launch, 18 and 19 I had no issues but played them nearly a year after release. 

DxDiag.txt

After a decent few hours yesterday on F1 2020 I'm sorry to have to report I'm now getting ego dumper crashes. This is an urgent issue for me guys as I'm in the process of streaming the game this week. thanks.

DxDiag.txt

1.       During time trial after a few laps the game crashes with an EGO dumper, I notice it happens right as the game updates the leaderboard for a new PB.
2.       1.03
3.       Time trial
4.       Multiple times during time trial, notice it happens when PB is updated during time trial. 
5.       Restarted, updated drivers.
6.       Logitech g29
7.    666824-20200710-100333-0.zip

DxDiag.txt

• Like 1

EGO Dumper most likely doesn't crash. Your game crashes, so EGO Dumper comes and dumps the memory of the game. Please change the title of the bug report to something more descriptive of your issue

Most of the crashes here seem to be in Time Trial mode?

8 hours ago, alejandroramos said:

crash_dump#666824-20200706-212028-0.zip

Your processor seems to be unsupported (EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION). We'd suggest running AMD FX 4300 or something newer than that 🙂 

I have the same issue reported in another topic there my processor also old but works for F1 2019 with 60 fps no problem ever. It's an AMD phenom 4955 when the F1 2018 launched i had a similar issue if i remember than Codies released a beta forus with old proccesors and put it in a new update then no problem after this . The 2019 was okay too from day 1 no problems.

I decided to post my report in that topic too because there are more with similar issues

Decription:  The game crashes before the main menu after the push any button sign
3.       at launch
4.       This has happened all the times i launched it 
5.       I've updated the graphics driver tried safe mode turned off steam overlay tried dx11 and dx12 too, with the same experience
6.       Logitech G29
7.       I'ce attached the dxdiag a video and the crash dump

DxDiag.txt

666824-20200710-201434-0.zip

I have been getting a bunch of EGO DUMPER errors myself.

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. (attatched)
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 1.03 - PC
3.       Game-mode? Time Trial - wet/dry - Mercedes/Ferrari/Red Bull
4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. This was my last attempt, but I have also had this problem while doing a Weekend race, and also doing Time Trial at Austria, in the dry.  Doesn't really seem to have a specific reason, it just happens during a lap, on a menu, etc.
5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue. I have done a rollback of my NVIDIA drivers to version 446.14.  I am running the game as admin, I have disabled Steam Overlay, and also have set my Shader Cache (NVIDIA) to off as well.  I have also done an integrity check on Steam.
6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) FANATEC CSL Elite PS4 Version with loadcell brake.  PC is an Intel i9 9900K; MOBO is ASUS ROG Strix Z390-f Gaming; memory is a Corsair 2x 8 Gb DDR4 NB Freq 4300 MHz; Video is a Gygabyte GTX 1070 Super.  Windows 10 Pro 64 bits version 1909
7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears. (log attatched)

20200711_EGO_DUMPER.txt

I'm renaming the thread. EGO Dumper IS NOT AN ISSUE, REPORT YOUR ISSUES SEPARATELY UNDER A THREAD WHICH HAS THE SAME ISSUE AS YOU (Such as crashing after going over the finish line, or crashing after pressing start and such)

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, alejandroramos said:

I use and works perfectly the f1 2019 same requirements

11 hours ago, dani42195 said:

I decided to post my report in that topic too because there are more with similar issues

Decription:  The game crashes before the main menu after the push any button sign
3.       at launch
4.       This has happened all the times i launched it 
5.       I've updated the graphics driver tried safe mode turned off steam overlay tried dx11 and dx12 too, with the same experience
6.       Logitech G29
7.       I'ce attached the dxdiag a video and the crash dump

DxDiag.txt

666824-20200710-201434-0.zip

You are both running unsupported CPUs. They are 10 years old. Thery do NOT meet the MINIMUM REQUIREMENT and did not last year either. Saying the game ran is not a response, you got lucky.

Intel recently retired their Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge CPUs at 9 and 8 years old respectively. Intel's performance is way ahead of AMD at that point. They are also out of the MINIMUM REQUIREMENT which is Haswell i3-4130. Haswell is simply more efficient and has extra instructions. I have a test build with an I5-3470. It is Ivy Bridge and the game runs at 100FPS but I can see frame dropping in some corners at some tracks despite being paired with a GTX1060. I don't expect it will run F1 2021 optimally, if at all. These are the signs. It does not technically meet the minimum specification but there are no errors (other than gameplay), exactly what you had with F1 2019.

It's time to upgrade, your experience will be all the better for it.

I'm not just saying it, newer CPUs have instruction sets that older CPUs just can't utilise, especially with the maths needed for games. The CPU is often overlooked as a factor in games.

Edited by steviejay69
  • Agree 1