Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 | PITCOINS NOW ASSIGNED - ONLINE SERVICES BACK ONLINE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Controller and Wheel not working on PC (Steam)

Posted (edited)

1.       My Thrustmaster TX and XBox One Controller are not working in F1 2020. The game does not recognize them.
         Also they work fine in any other Steam game (including F1 2019 and F1 2017).
2.       Game Version 1.03 Steam PC (DX11)
3.       All Game-modes
4.       I started the game at least 10 times now. Still does not recognize my wheel or controller
5.       Reinstalled the game. Updated all drivers (graphics, wheel, controller).
6.       Using Thrustmaster TX Leather Edition with Thrustmaster Open Wheel and an XBox One Controller
7.       As you can see in the screenshot, both, controller and wheel are missing in the menue

Untitled.jpg

Edited by NeoSephiroth

Please complete the bug report template or will delete

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Please try this suggestion.

I did that. It doesn't help. Like I said, it's working without problems on any other Steam game (including F1 2019 and 2017).

Edited by NeoSephiroth

5 minutes ago, NeoSephiroth said:

I did that. It doesn't help. Like I said, it's working without problems on any other Steam game (including F1 2019 and 2017).

Please post a dxdiag. Any reason you want to use DX11?

1 minute ago, NeoSephiroth said:

I'm on Win7. No DX12.

Then my interest ends there (cannot be fixed, not statistically important, no guarantee of success). W10 is a requirement for F1 2020. You can upgrade for free.

1 minute ago, steviejay69 said:

Then my interest ends there (cannot be fixed, not statistically important, no guarantee of success). W10 is a requirement for F1 2020. You can upgrade for free.

I think it's an input issue because Win10 is different there. When Win10 came out we had the same issue on Cryengine in our small Indie Studio. Our programmer was on Win10, me on Win7 and on my PC the XBox Controller didn't work at first. Maybe it's the same issue. BUT: It was fixed by our programmer in 5 minutes. So don't give me that **** that it's not fixable.

If codemasters has no interest in fixing it, ok... but then I get my money back. There was no "Win10 only" written on Amazon when I pre-ordered the game.
And no, I will not upgrade to a ****** OS like Win10. Never ever! 90% of the programms I need are not working on Win10, I have no controll over updates and it slows down my PC.

Just now, NeoSephiroth said:

I think it's an input issue because Win10 is different there. When Win10 came out we had the same issue on Cryengine in our small Indie Studio. Our programmer was on Win10, me on Win7 and on my PC the XBox Controller didn't work at first. Maybe it's the same issue. BUT: It was fixed by our programmer in 5 minutes. So don't give me that **** that it's not fixable.

If codemasters has no interest in fixing it, ok... but then I get my money back. There was no "Win10 only" written on Amazon when I pre-ordered the game.
And no, I will not upgrade to a ****** OS like Win10. Never ever! 90% of the programms I need are not working on Win10, I have no controll over updates and it slows down my PC.

It is in the game minimum requirements. It's not ****, it's W7 is an unsupported OS. You need to not rage about it and realise that for things to work, you are going to have to use it. Or, as you point out, not play.

Well I got another hint and it worked. I updated my wheel firmware from 5.4 to 5.6 and now my wheel gets recognized from the game.

Works superfine ingame. Win7 not supported ok, but it works. Screw Win10.^^

I guess I'll mark as solved then. But, as @steviejay69 right said, minimum requirements are there to ensure the game works. If you run into issues on Win 7, there might not be full support available for you.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, NeoSephiroth said:

Well I got another hint and it worked. I updated my wheel firmware from 5.4 to 5.6 and now my wheel gets recognized from the game.

Works superfine ingame. Win7 not supported ok, but it works. Screw Win10.^^

Just goes to prove, you should always update.