Jump to content Jump to content

MyTeam Fuel load Bug

On 7/27/2020 at 12:32 PM, David Greco CM said:

Restrict no, because if you use it well, it will make a strategy with you using systematically different fuel settings thru a lap.

Times are pretty easy to be honest. I pass easily this test at 106% which is what i am feeling comfortable without having to practice too much. What I find more difficult is the Quali lap test. In some tracks is really hard.

Ok having tried it. This test is ok. However some of the others are way too hard.

The quali lap test especially is way out.

I play 100% races as I like the endurance of them and it gives you time to think out strategies on the fly . But on both my first race in Melbourne and now tonight my second race in Bahrain when it comes to race day I can only fill the fuel tank enough so it's still about 14 laps short . I tried in vain to conserve fuel and still compete in Melbourne and came nowhere and I was hoping it was just a bug with Melbourne but I came to start the race tonight and got exactly the same bug for the second race running so just quit out . This bug is basically destroying my game as it's impossible to compete when conserving fuel for a massive chunk of the race .

I already filed a bug report concerning this topic. The reason for this problem is that during the practice programs, particularly the "Race Strategy" program, the game presets the fuel mix to "Rich," so you waste much more fuel than necessary. In the case I reported here, the computer told me that I'd need about 142 kilograms of fuel to finish the race! Fortunately, I'm in contact with the developers, and they're looking into it.

2 hours ago, ostendorfjens said:

I already filed a bug report concerning this topic. The reason for this problem is that during the practice programs, particularly the "Race Strategy" program, the game presets the fuel mix to "Rich," so you waste much more fuel than necessary. In the case I reported here, the computer told me that I'd need about 142 kilograms of fuel to finish the race! Fortunately, I'm in contact with the developers, and they're looking into it.

Turn off fuel assist when doing the practice programme, so you're not forced into rich mix. 

I still think it hinges on the "Fuel Assist" you can select when starting your career. The system is completely broken, since it selects the "Rich" mix for the "Race Strategy" program, which makes no sense whatsoever. You waste way more fuel during those five laps than you would do in a normal race situation with "Standard" fuel mix selected - as a matter of fact, you can't even finish the five laps of said program without running out of fuel! But like I said before, the developers are looking into it as I write this, so I tend to think this problem will be dealt with in the foreseeable future.

I just got this bug for the first time in my My Team career, at the Canada GP, 100% distance.

Here is the strategy screen right after opening it. It's putting 74.5 Kg of fuel even though the minimum is indicated as 94.2. It thinks I can do the 70 laps with that, but in the race, as expected, it can absolutely not.

20200812105854_1.thumb.jpg.bc357c97b6d9c728a310817f4d3a1f0a.jpg

After toggling the personalised strategy, the capacity of the tank changes:

20200812105949_1.thumb.jpg.c02257d8d3e803cb972ce7053aacf336.jpg

When going back the default projected strategy and maxing out the fuel load, it thinks I have enough for 104 laps.

image.png.b540b7ede64ad0edfe11d891dc64a360.png

I did all the practice programs as usual.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure this is sorted cause I ran into this myself and it happened in the exact same manner as it did for @TheCodifier. 100% race at Barcelona, toggled between Personalized and then back to the default race strategy when I decided I didn't want to run a 2 stopper; ended up starting the race target -11.79 laps.

Spent the majority of the race running fuel saving measures (early upshifts, coasting on corner entry, etc.) until about lap 45 or so when the counter finally went green and I could turn the fuel up to start regaining some of the positions I'd lost.

Also ran all the practice programmes ahead of race day.

Archived