F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Ferrari F1 Thrustmaster Xbox Mapping

Does anyone have a good button mapping for the Ferrari F1 Thrustmaster wheel for Xbox One? Just bought a wheel and getting F1 2020 this week and wanted to get it all set to go.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, chrisk88 said:

Does anyone have a good button mapping for the Ferrari F1 Thrustmaster wheel for Xbox One? Just bought a wheel and getting F1 2020 this week and wanted to get it all set to go.

Do you mean to get ur xbox button icons on PC version?

1 hour ago, F1 Car Setup said:

Do you mean to get ur xbox button icons on PC version?

No I'm playing F1 2020 on Xbox One with Ferrari F1 add on wheel, and want to know what mappings people use to utilize as many of the buttons on the wheel as possible. I only had F1 2018 previously and there was no way to use RB, LB, or the L3/R3 buttons of clicking the sticks in. I wasn't sure if there was a way to do this with the wheel, because so many of the buttons weren't even usable on the wheel through the console.

When testing the beta and after a lot of tinkering, I settled on the following (same setup as you):

Paddles for gears

Up gear paddle for clutch

A for DRS

X for MFD

Y for OT

B for Pit limiter (and look back although I use virtual mirror as race in cockpit)

Double square for voice control/Jeff

Start obviously for pause

No shortcuts as I use the right wheel (left and right dpad) to change fuel mix on the fly when MFD is either closed or on the fuel setting - I don't change brake bias at all.

On 7/7/2020 at 6:04 PM, martbloke said:

When testing the beta and after a lot of tinkering, I settled on the following (same setup as you):

Paddles for gears

Up gear paddle for clutch

A for DRS

X for MFD

Y for OT

B for Pit limiter (and look back although I use virtual mirror as race in cockpit)

Double square for voice control/Jeff

Start obviously for pause

No shortcuts as I use the right wheel (left and right dpad) to change fuel mix on the fly when MFD is either closed or on the fuel setting - I don't change brake bias at all.

Awesome thanks for the tips. I don't understand why the game doesn't let you map RB and LB on the wheel. There's already so few buttons, not sure why they eliminate 2 more.

How do you think I feel with 69 possible options to map on my Fanatec wheel. A pitty Microsoft still hasn't figured this out. 

2 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

How do you think I feel with 69 possible options to map on my Fanatec wheel. A pitty Microsoft still hasn't figured this out. 

The same here, The Fanatec Formula V2, despite it is XBox licensed, the buttons can't be mapped not the LEDS are functioning.

For that reason, just to take full benefit of the V2 I also drive on PC.

2 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

For that reason, just to take full benefit of the V2 I also drive on PC.

Yes, or PS4.

Do you know on more technical debt, what is actually preventing the button mapping, which Microsoft on XBox needs to solve? I can't find the root caused, anywhere on any of the forum?

I believe it has something to do with the controller options/buttons and the way the Xbox handles those. There can't be more optional buttons than the controller has. Still don't get why the throttle and brakes are double mapped. There is some info available on the net about this. Last year I have set my hopes on keyboard support and that this would solve the problem partly which it didn't. And, as the Xbox is based on a pc platform the lack of support regarding third party pheripals doesn't make sense either. It should be a walk in the park for MS to solve this.

48 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

I believe it has something to do with the controller options/buttons and the way the Xbox handles those. There can't be more optional buttons than the controller has. Still don't get why the throttle and brakes are double mapped. There is some info available on the net about this. Last year I have set my hopes on keyboard support and that this would solve the problem partly which it didn't. And, as the Xbox is based on a pc platform the lack of support regarding third party pheripals doesn't make sense either. It should be a walk in the park for MS to solve this.

Thank you for your clarification. That isn't a good option if the XBox is limited to the controller options/buttons. Even PS4 can do better than that. Agreed, in regard to the support, specifically, the Fanatec Formula V2 is a XBox licensed, hence, it should be supported. Even more, as you mentioned XBox is a Windows based console, so if it is works on Windows 10 (PC), it should be not too difficult for XBox.  I wonder, if this ever will be fixed, even with the XBox Series X? 

It’s been like that since launch - I doubt they’ll fix it in this console - but have hopes for it for the next gen 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻