Jump to content Jump to content

PC Version 1.03| Penalty overtaking cars when going in pitlane while safety car is out.

1. I tried to pit under safety car but the game thought I overtook cars (while in the pitlane), so I got a penalty for that.
2. 1.03
3. My Team/Grand Prix mode
4. Happened twice, happens when you are in safety car queue and you then go into the pitlane, go in front of other cars and then you get the "Illegal overtake, return to position" notification which follows with a penalty
5. Logitech G29 
6. I replicated the issue, here is the video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rjDBo3KxSIfPOZ-gsiVPg-kcKZhjDlUQ/view?usp=sharing

Edited by JustRick
Added Video footage
12 minutes ago, outburn91 said:

Would like to bump this. Just had half the field at Vietnam get disqualified since they all pit under the safety car. When they took the pitlane, it takes them past the safety car momentarily. Because of that, they got disqualified.

Thanks. I will tag @BarryBL to make sure he doesn't forget about this post.

• Administrator
13 hours ago, outburn91 said:

Would like to bump this. Just had half the field at Vietnam get disqualified since they all pit under the safety car. When they took the pitlane, it takes them past the safety car momentarily. Because of that, they got disqualified.

Provide a report with video and report codes please @outburn91 so we can see. I have tested and although you get a illegal overtake, you get to the Pitlane entry lane in time and I don't get a penalty.

Under continuous investigation

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m baffled by this Barry who continuously asks everyone for a video of this happening and when it’s poor used asks again to other users who have experienced this over and over. It’s like he thinks every player of this game has come together to create a false glitch just for the hell of it. It’s clearly an issue. It was last year and it again this year. 

• Agree 2
2 hours ago, Elbi said:

I’m baffled by this Barry who continuously asks everyone for a video of this happening and when it’s poor used asks again to other users who have experienced this over and over. It’s like he thinks every player of this game has come together to create a false glitch just for the hell of it. It’s clearly an issue. It was last year and it again this year. 

TBH I dont think hes professional enough. He is often quite rude in his responses. I get that it must be quite annoying when a game gets released broken and everyone comes into the forum to have a rant etc. However they need to remember that 1. The game was realised in an extremely buggy form and 2. Virtuslly every one of the people in these forums paid to buy the game. We are customers and deserve respect and basic manners.

Look at the way Barry responded to the original post in this thread. "Bug report or will delete." Why is he speaking to people like that? Thing is this whole forum is an advert (or perhaps the opposite) for the game. I had a friend who was considering buying game but googled it and stumbled across the forum. He saw all the bug reports getting ignored or receiving rude responses and decided not to bother. 

I think it's quite funny how you used to be able to report bugs years ago in these forums. Then you had to go to a specific part to report bugs. Now you have to do that and also fill out bug reports and make videos too. We are literally acting as unpaid testers😂

47 minutes ago, 1henryw said:

I think it's quite funny how you used to be able to report bugs years ago in these forums. Then you had to go to a specific part to report bugs. Now you have to do that and also fill out bug reports and make videos too. We are literally acting as unpaid testers😂

Its all in an effort to track down what is causing the issues, which is why they ask for so much information; and even video of it happening. By seeing what is going on and having all the available details, they are then able to try and replicate the issue in house with the same settings as the user facing the issue. If they are unable to replicate it, they are unable to find out what is causing the issue, and then things do not get fixed.

As for why Barry is requesting videos and details from others also seemingly experiancing the same problems, is that is purely looking at surface details without specifics from the individual users. There could, in actuality, be multiple reasons for a single bug to occur, or there could be a very specific set of circumstancies that could trigger said bug. It could be as simple as a particular assist setting, or something with a single control input device. Only way it can be investigated properly, is for the end user to give as much detail as possible.

I will agree that Barry's opening post in this thread is very aburpt, abnormally so for them. But try to remember also that the OPs post and Barry's response are from a month ago now. So context has been lost, more so as the OP has also edited their original post. What we are seeing now, at this precise point in time; might not be the original post at all. We also have no idea if Barry has had previous words with the OP either, so perhaps we shouldnt be so quick to judge someones "mannors", when we have no idea of the original context from a month ago, or any past interactions between the pair.

In regards to bug reports that are seemingly ignored, not every post will require a direct response. The Codemasters forums as a whole are also very busy, not just in the F1 area, but other area's. Posts are getting pushed off the front pages very quickly. Probably more so than normal, due to lots of people still spending much more time at home because of the current world wide issues. So I personally see nothing alarming with how Codemasters are handling things on these forums. There is only so much they can do, at least without hiring more people to help out Barry and the other forward facing Codemaster's employees. But that is not necessarily a feesible idea.

Edited by Ialyrn
1 hour ago, Ialyrn said:

Its all in an effort to track down what is causing the issues, which is why they ask for so much information; and even video of it happening. By seeing what is going on and having all the available details, they are then able to try and replicate the issue in house with the same settings as the user facing the issue. If they are unable to replicate it, they are unable to find out what is causing the issue, and then things do not get fixed.

As for why Barry is requesting videos and details from others also seemingly experiancing the same problems, is that is purely looking at surface details without specifics from the individual users. There could, in actuality, be multiple reasons for a single bug to occur, or there could be a very specific set of circumstancies that could trigger said bug. It could be as simple as a particular assist setting, or something with a single control input device. Only way it can be investigated properly, is for the end user to give as much detail as possible.

I will agree that Barry's opening post in this thread is very aburpt, abnormally so for them. But try to remember also that the OPs post and Barry's response are from a month ago now. So context has been lost, more so as the OP has also edited their original post. What we are seeing now, at this precise point in time; might not be the original post at all. We also have no idea if Barry has had previous words with the OP either, so perhaps we shouldnt be so quick to judge someones "mannors", when we have no idea of the original context from a month ago, or any past interactions between the pair.

In regards to bug reports that are seemingly ignored, not every post will require a direct response. The Codemasters forums as a whole are also very busy, not just in the F1 area, but other area's. Posts are getting pushed off the front pages very quickly. Probably more so than normal, due to lots of people still spending much more time at home because of the current world wide issues. So I personally see nothing alarming with how Codemasters are handling things on these forums. There is only so much they can do, at least without hiring more people to help out Barry and the other forward facing Codemaster's employees. But that is not necessarily a feesible idea.

OP here. This was my first bug report, so I did not follow the template, but most information was there but just not in the Q&A form they like to have also there was no video. I added that. 

I didn't mind the short answer because I know how many bug reports came in that time (was week of release) and I also understand it can be annoying when people post bug reports without following the template.

The only thing that bugs me now is that I have filed multiple solid bug reports but it never gets followed up.

This bug report has now been on "with developers" for over a month now

1 hour ago, JustRick said:

The only thing that bugs me now is that I have filed multiple solid bug reports but it never gets followed up.

This bug report has now been on "with developers" for over a month now

It can take time to track down the bug, fix it, test that its actually fixed, and make sure the fix hasnt broken anything else (which can happen). Its not always a fast process. Normally "with developers" means a bug report has been escalated to the next steps with the dev teams, but obviously Barry (and others) wont have constant updates on every single item that is been looked into by the dev team. Said dev team will also have a list that starts with the most severe bugs at the top, and the less severe bugs at the bottom. So it will also depend on where in that list this particular bug falls. Obviously they have to prioritise anything game breaking above something such as this bug, which while highly annoying, isnt exactly game ending.

The best thing you (or anyone) can do if there has been reletive silence for a long time over a particular bug thread that has been opened, as in this instance. Is to make a fresh post in that thread and ask @BarryBL if there are any updates. But do try to keep in mind that silence in a thread after an item has been passed over to the dev team (which seems to be the case here, far as I can tell as a fellow forum user anyway), doesnt mean it has been ignored and is not being followed up internally. But surely you can also see that it would be highly tedius and unrealistic for someone like Barry to have to post a personal update in every single bug thread on this forum, or even sometimes mutliple. It would make their job much more difficult, and would probably cause more issues in the long run with the bug reporting process.

Edited by Ialyrn
  • Administrator
On 7/27/2020 at 7:42 PM, JustRick said:

@BarryBL To come back on your last comment, today there was another post on Reddit confirming this issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/F1Game/comments/hycwio/new_to_the_game_what_did_i_do_wrong_here_super/ 

But I also see its with the developers, so is it being worked on or still under investigation?

To update here  @JustRick, we have now found a fix and will be added to a upcoming patch. Cannot confirm ETA at this time im afraid, but should be shortly. Thanks for the reporting, appreciate you. 👍

• Like 1
On 8/10/2020 at 11:11 AM, BarryBL said:

To update here  @JustRick, we have now found a fix and will be added to a upcoming patch. Cannot confirm ETA at this time im afraid, but should be shortly. Thanks for the reporting, appreciate you. 👍

Thanks for the update Barry, I really appreciate your effords.

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

Unfortunately, this exact same issue is happening again.

Can't say exactly since when, but I noticed two players, who were in first place in the race, being disqualified due to entering pit lane when behind safety car, in multiplayer sessions. 

On 4/22/2021 at 9:00 PM, viniciusrsouza said:

Unfortunately, this exact same issue is happening again.

Can't say exactly since when, but I noticed two players, who were in first place in the race, being disqualified due to entering pit lane when behind safety car, in multiplayer sessions. 

Please capture the evidence because this is nothing more than anecdotal until it is evidenced.