F1 2020 AND LOGITECH G920

Hi everyone, I have a problem I believe with my logitech g920 steering wheel. Today for the first time I tried F1 2020 for computers, the first feeling was that the steering wheel was too soft, light, it turned with a finger. Although I tried forcefeedback to the max, nothing changes. Does anyone know if it is normal for the steering wheel to be so soft? thank you

Having the same thing on the G29, I’m also wondering too if this is normal or a bug (Created bug report too), but it wasn’t like this on 2019.

I thought it was just me being completely terrible at the game, but I'm starting to think that it isn't me. My question to you is, does the car feel like it extremely understeery through the middle of the corner or is that just me being terrible?

16 minuti fa, racer602 ha detto:

Pensavo che fossi completamente terribile nel gioco, ma sto iniziando a pensare che non sono io. La mia domanda per te è: la macchina sembra estremamente sottosterzata in mezzo all'angolo o è solo che io sia terribile?

Still good devotion but I have a brutal feeling behind the wheel.

Hey. I don't know if this will help but worth a try.

It is some recommended settings for the G920 / G29, and they work well for me. The key was wheel dampening and on track effects to give me good force feedback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU8T1LwddD0

Edited by RyxProductions
Changed embed to a link to stop the thumbnail popping up

Thanks, will give it a try, but I noticed he has an slider for maximum wheel rotation where as I don't (On PC Steam). Maybe that has something to do with it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Apparently the steering in a F1 car is extremely light due to the power steering. Personally I increase the wheel damper setting which makes the steering heavier. Tweak it to personal preference.

1 minute ago, CarloLewis said:

Apparently the steering in a F1 car is extremely light due to the power steering. Personally I increase the wheel damper setting which makes the steering heavier. Tweak it to personal preference.

Tried it at 100, made no difference at all.

Edited by Heva14

3 minutes ago, Heva14 said:

Tried it at 100, made no difference at all.

Ok, it was fine throughout the beta, not got the release yet so can't comment further.

That's the video linked above, will try the settings later. But as I said before how come his setting screen is showing a maximum steering rotation slider, but mine on PC is not.

I haven't got the game yet but I remember this happening in F1 2018 game too. There are posts about it from the time if you search. I wonder if the issue has come back.

Example post for ref

5 hours ago, Heva14 said:

Thanks, will give it a try, but I noticed he has an slider for maximum wheel rotation where as I don't (On PC Steam). Maybe that has something to do with it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Your slider will be in the Logitech Gaming Software. If you don't have this, download it and you can change the wheel rotation.

15 hours ago, Manfrrr said:

Hi everyone, I have a problem I believe with my logitech g920 steering wheel. Today for the first time I tried F1 2020 for computers, the first feeling was that the steering wheel was too soft, light, it turned with a finger. Although I tried forcefeedback to the max, nothing changes. Does anyone know if it is normal for the steering wheel to be so soft? thank you

Im on xbox so can't really talk about pc or ps4 as they are running a high update than xbox.

Xbox is on 1.01 update and my g920 is detected as a fanatec and seems to be working fine with ffb.

On 7/7/2020 at 3:43 PM, Manfrrr said:

I had the same problem. I've just resettled windows and it works

*** FIXED ***Hello all! I had the same problem with G920, and after many tries, I fixed uninstalling logitech g hub, downloaded the latest version and installed again... Wheel is working fine with forcebeedback!

• Like 1

Reinstalling G-HUB only fixes the problem until you restart your computer again (least thats the case for me), I am yet to find a permanent solution :(

Hello, after many days looking for an answer I found the solution on REIZA STUDIOS forum:

Please do as follow:

1. From Windows, search “regedit”

2. Go to, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_046D&PID_C262

3. Check the value of the device. Right click the OEMData, and then change/edit the value to be 43 00 08 10 19 00 00 00

logitechG920.JPG.67e73355b199b23e0222ac79b29017d7.JPG

4. Restart PC.

Re-configure game settings as required and be happy....

*Credits to Peter Stefani.

Edited by EPUCINELI
  • Agree 1

These last couple posts just made me even more curious. Has anyone bugged Logitech yet or tried their luck on Logitech forums, if there even is such a thing?

I've been hearing about this issue for so long and attached only to Logitech that I wonder if it is not something driver related. 

On 8/3/2020 at 3:44 AM, EPUCINELI said:

Hello, after many days looking for an answer I found the solution on REIZA STUDIOS forum:

Please do as follow:

1. From Windows, search “regedit”

2. Go to, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_046D&PID_C262

3. Check the value of the device. Right click the OEMData, and then change/edit the value to be 43 00 08 10 19 00 00 00

logitechG920.JPG.67e73355b199b23e0222ac79b29017d7.JPG

4. Restart PC.

Re-configure game settings as required and be happy....

*Credits to Peter Stefani.

thanks dude

even the g923 is too light! and changing settings doesn't change anything. I also tried force feedback at 150 but nothing changes.
Edited by MaxWrt