Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2015 Career mode

Good day,

I had readed about Career mode not being available in F1 2015 ps4 version, but im unsure what this means, so can someone clearify this so i know if i want to buy this game.
So is it either 1 or 2? 
1) You cannot choose ur own named rider, so you can only pick known riders like Max Verstappen and work your way up with him from torro rosso to for exampe Ferrari in a few years
2) You cannot choose ur own named rides, and you can only play 1 season with a known rider and then the game stops, so no way to "make a career" with a known F1 rider/work your way up?

Which one will it be, can someone clearify this for me please.
Short answer: we don’t know.

Longer answer: as far as we know, it’s 2. In recent years, we’ve been told that FOM haven’t allowed real drivers to switch teams in the official F1 games. And since many of the car and overall models include driver names, it would probably be quite difficult to implement convincingly.
Short answer: we don’t know.

Longer answer: as far as we know, it’s 2. In recent years, we’ve been told that FOM haven’t allowed real drivers to switch teams in the official F1 games. And since many of the car and overall models include driver names, it would probably be quite difficult to implement convincingly.
Thanks for answering, makes things clearer. Lets hope Codemaster will give some official information about this because it would be something to think about buying this game, or better said go to some other game where u can do some kind of career mode
  • 2 weeks later...
It is number 2 on your list. We can't name our own drivers, and we will never be allowed to have drivers change teams as that is against FOM's wishes.

So right now we can only play one year as a current driver on a team.
Ryne said:
It is number 2 on your list. We can't name our own drivers, and we will never be allowed to have drivers change teams as that is against FOM's wishes.

So right now we can only play one year as a current driver on a team.
Thanks for giving me the answer after the game is out so its 100%
Might be a bit offtopic, but can you also check if there is a splitscreen mode in the PS4 version so i can play my friends i get over.. i readed it might not be in but that would make the best 2 game options are out so hope im wrong

Archived