Jump to content Jump to content

• 9 months later...
On 7/7/2020 at 4:58 PM, BarryBL said:

Hahaha no chance I'm afraid. He's back for 2021, not for 2020

On a more serious note, he has been a young driver in testing in 2020, hasnt he?

I think the greater point to take away from this is that the driver pool NEEDS to be larger in My Team mode. Not just F2 drivers, but add in each teams official test drivers too. They may have an opportunity to get in the seat, look at Fittipaldi last year for Grosjean, and... I can't recall who replaced Russel in the Williams. Ocon was with Merc as a test driver after his stint at RP while in limbo before heading back to Renault. So adding the test drivers would be a big step in addition to the F2 talent.

• Agree 2

As well as reserve drivers, they could go a step further and allow us to give our avatars AI stats (and allow us to edit other drivers)and add them to the driver pool.

I'd create an uncanny valley Hulkenberg to add to my career mode straight away!

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, Liaveil said:

I'd create an uncanny valley Hulkenberg to add to my career mode straight away!

That would be so cool, I am sure there are a few more drivers worth being added to the pool as well.

Absolutely. By adding the seven iconic drivers in it shows its definitely possible and it wouldnt take much to let us add our own. I'd definitely add any F1 drivers from the last few seasons as well as some F3 drivers.

I imagine we'll end up with more than the iconic seven being released in packs.

Fully agree with the above sentiments.

Why stop at reserve drivers? Let's get some indycar/Formula E guys in as well.

Colton Herta, Pato O'Ward (who drives for Mclaren anyway), Vandoorne, JEV etc.

It would be awesome.

• Agree 1

I would suggest something simple - who are the (active) drivers, that do have a superlicense, and have not yet retired from F1? Why not implement all these, cant be too many, plus the current drivers of the best 1-2 feeder series. That should do.

This is a more complex issue. Drivers may have exclusive sponsorship deals and rights to certain brands that would limit them where they name appear and where they are being advertised. The official F1 video game has the official lineup of all drivers and all teams in the given year. Even then, it sometimes becomes an issue if a driver does not want to be represented, Jacques Villeneuve comes to my mind quickly for the 1998 Grand Prix 3 game.
Just an example (I know, not F1), Josef Newgarden from the Indycar for instance had exclusive deal with Forza 7 last year.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, ragequit1 said:

Jacques Villeneuve comes to my mind quickly for the 1998 Grand Prix 3 game.

John Newhouse is what they made of it, right?

3 minutes ago, BarryB said:

John Newhouse is what they made of it, right?

Yes, that is correct. The reasons behind his decision were never clear, some speculated simply that he didn't like the compensation he was offered or his team/manager decision.

The ever changing 1994 season driver grid, the game developers simply went with the names that entered the very last race of that season and those names made it to the game. Hence why Senna or Ratzenberger are not in Grand Prix 2.

On 5/5/2021 at 2:27 PM, petro1319 said:

I think the greater point to take away from this is that the driver pool NEEDS to be larger in My Team mode. Not just F2 drivers, but add in each teams official test drivers too. They may have an opportunity to get in the seat, look at Fittipaldi last year for Grosjean, and... I can't recall who replaced Russel in the Williams. Ocon was with Merc as a test driver after his stint at RP while in limbo before heading back to Renault. So adding the test drivers would be a big step in addition to the F2 talent.

i don't think the driver pool needs to be bigger just to be more realistic.
Let's face it, who chose Ralph Boschung, Giuliano Alesi or Sean Gelael as teammates in F12020?
I think adding drivers that probably no one will choose is a waste of resources.

2 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

i don't think the driver pool needs to be bigger just to be more realistic.
Let's face it, who chose Ralph Boschung, Giuliano Alesi or Sean Gelael as teammates in F12020?
I think adding drivers that probably no one will choose is a waste of resources.

Well... then why do we have the F2 drivers? most of them wont get used either as you said. See the logic missing there? You've identified the issue, and then said it's a non issue. The whole point of having more drivers is to have more viable options for the player to customize their team and mode. Why are we stuck with the F2 2019 drivers as the ONLY drivers available over a 10 year career mode; especially when they dont even progress on their own? It's hardly a waste of resources to add a few extra names/avatars and some stats to use with the AI programming. It's hardly a waste of resources to make the mode actually realistic and playable over the duration of a 10 year career. How "real" is it to be a new team starting out and your only driver options are two rookies in yourself and your F2 teammate because you have nobody else to pick from? It's hardly a waste of resources.

On 5/5/2021 at 10:59 AM, Schneehase said:

On a more serious note, he has been a young driver in testing in 2020, hasnt he?

Since appearently this argument didnt count enough, I have thought about the best possible way to get Fernando into the game without modding it.

At least in "myteam mode" this might work quite well, just create Fernando Alonso as your driver, make an Alpine Team, select Renault engines, and sign up Ocon as your teammate as soon as you can. Hmmmm that might even be an idea for another myteam playthrough series on my youtube channel^^ now let me see...

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Schneehase said:

At least in "myteam mode" this might work quite well, just create Fernando Alonso as your driver, make an Alpine Team, select Renault engines, and sign up Ocon as your teammate as soon as you can. Hmmmm that might even be an idea for another myteam playthrough series on my youtube channel^^ now let me see...

Ok, so just in case anyone was interested to actually watch such a playthrough, it *could* look like this:

Edited by Schneehase
On 5/7/2021 at 12:31 AM, petro1319 said:

Well... then why do we have the F2 drivers? most of them wont get used either as you said. See the logic missing there? You've identified the issue, and then said it's a non issue. The whole point of having more drivers is to have more viable options for the player to customize their team and mode. Why are we stuck with the F2 2019 drivers as the ONLY drivers available over a 10 year career mode; especially when they dont even progress on their own? It's hardly a waste of resources to add a few extra names/avatars and some stats to use with the AI programming. It's hardly a waste of resources to make the mode actually realistic and playable over the duration of a 10 year career. How "real" is it to be a new team starting out and your only driver options are two rookies in yourself and your F2 teammate because you have nobody else to pick from? It's hardly a waste of resources.

It's all about having what you want. There is no logic behind it, it is always like that.

On 5/8/2021 at 4:13 AM, FTBuzzard said:

It's all about having what you want. There is no logic behind it, it is always like that.

No, this is about fixing a mode that was poorly put together from a driver selection standpoint. It's not a living, breathing world to run a 10 year career in. Drivers don't progress unless their team does. Drivers also don't change in the pool over a 10 year period. That's a major problem with the way the mode currently sits. This isn't about wants and personal preferences. This is about making the mode actually have a purpose. In year 8 why can I only hire a 2019 F2 driver? That makes ZERO sense.