F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

Manual ERS (FP only not Races)

Posted (edited)

Love the fact we can still control ERS and I was actually really bummed when it was believed to be auto in 2020 with only the overtake button being manual. I use an XBOX elite 2 controller so I have ERS and Fuel mapped with the paddles and it works perfectly. 

UPDATE: Manual ERS is only in FP and not in Races unfortunately :classic_wacko:

Edited by Bhawk67

Ok, Lando nibbled, complained, made an overtaking button

Why was it necessary to delete the low and high ers modes?  let me decide for myself whether the automatic operation of the ers or manual.  it was fun interesting and useful.  and I’m sure that there are a million settings in F1

• Disagree 2

Not 100% sure but I think ERS is manual in FP, auto in the race with use of an overtake button

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Lewis44TheWin said:

Not 100% sure but I think ERS is manual in FP, auto in the race with use of an overtake button

Wow that would be completely asinine if true and why the F would it only be FP and not races? 

Posted (edited)

in races they don't ever turn ers off it has been discussed in other topics but i'm not to fussed it means you have to be allot more wiser when using it

Edited by Nightfire1964

Yes ERS is "mapped" IRL. Can confirm it is auto in races with the option to use the overtake button as a boost.

As long as ERS modes can be changed at will during a race, the fastest way to drive is to constantly switch fuel mix and ers between straights and corners, which is annoying if you want to just focus on the driving while being competitive. IRL F1 drivers usually don't tinker with the ERS but have that overtake override.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Lewis44TheWin said:

It is manual because in FP you have to be able to simulate both long runs and qualifying laps.

Essentially in FP you have a race mode and two qualifying modes (hotlap and recharge).

Edited by sirio994
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Lewis44TheWin said:

that is correct, in the race you cant adjust it.

16 hours ago, Bhawk67 said:

Love the fact we can still control ERS and I was actually really bummed when it was believed to be auto in 2020 with only the overtake button being manual. I use an XBOX elite 2 controller so I have ERS and Fuel mapped with the paddles and it works perfectly. 

Sorry, I'm a bit confused here. You mean you are able to still manage ERS just like previous editions because of the Elite 2 controller? 

Having the paddles let you manually configure them, this is fine. But this also means everyone else using regular controllers are stuck with the new "semi-auto" ERS? 

17 minutes ago, viniciusrsouza said:

Sorry, I'm a bit confused here. You mean you are able to still manage ERS just like previous editions because of the Elite 2 controller? 

Having the paddles let you manually configure them, this is fine. But this also means everyone else using regular controllers are stuck with the new "semi-auto" ERS? 

No, this is not true. There is the mentioned difference between FP and races. You cannot adjust it manually in the race. 

8 minutes ago, PaddySk said:

No, this is not true. There is the mentioned difference between FP and races. You cannot adjust it manually in the race. 

But this is only in real life, right? During FP the 2020 edition still only offers the same new ERS race system, right?

What I didn't understand from OP is if he is able to manually select all ERS modes just like previous editions simply because it's possible to map to his Elite V2 controller paddles. 

29 minutes ago, viniciusrsouza said:

But this is only in real life, right? During FP the 2020 edition still only offers the same new ERS race system, right?

What I didn't understand from OP is if he is able to manually select all ERS modes just like previous editions simply because it's possible to map to his Elite V2 controller paddles. 

No, in the game you can use different ERS modes in practice with the MFD (off, medium, hotlap, overtake) but in the race there's only medium and overtake, no matter your controller or wheel. OP's simply mapped shortcuts to use in practice, they won't do anything in the race.

I had a question about DRS.  Who triggers the opening of the wing is the pilot or the team?

5 hours ago, viniciusrsouza said:

Yeah sorry for the confusion I hadn’t hit a race yet and was in FP and was able to manually control ERS but apparently its not manual in race. 

6 minutes ago, caiocrq said:

I had a question about DRS.  Who triggers the opening of the wing is the pilot or the team?

You mean in real life?

In real life it's controlled by the driver. The timing system automatically detects when it can be deployed, so the driver can't use it when the gap is bigger than 1 second, even if he pushes the button. Just like we have it in the game.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ragequit1 said:

Você quer dizer na vida real?

Na vida real, é controlado pelo motorista. O sistema de temporização detecta automaticamente quando pode ser implantado; portanto, o motorista não pode usá-lo quando a diferença é maior que 1 segundo, mesmo se ele apertar o botão. Assim como nós temos no jogo.

That, in real life.  So every time it is available, the pilot has to press the button to open it?  Did someone ever forget a pilot?  Kkkkkkk

Posted (edited)

Something seems off with the MGU-H. I drove a lap with ERS deployment Off and no charge occurred on the straight. Only under braking which I gather is mainly from the MGU-K..

ERS also has SOC modes which the driver would change..

Edit Add: All good on the recovery. It is harvesting off throttle..

Edited by Coanda

Today in FP3 in Spain Verstappen said his battery was not going to charge coasting around so slowly with this SOC mode. Nico Rosberg who was in commentary said the best way to recharge the ERS battery is to go flat out on the straights.. He would know.. This SOC method is not the case in F1 2020. As suspected something is not correct here with the logic..   

1 hour ago, Coanda said:

Today in FP3 in Spain Verstappen said his battery was not going to charge coasting around so slowly with this SOC mode. Nico Rosberg who was in commentary said the best way to recharge the ERS battery is to go flat out on the straights.. He would know.. This SOC method is not the case in F1 2020. As suspected something is not correct here with the logic..   

What does SOC stand for?

38 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

What does SOC stand for?

state of charge... We can not control those modes in CM series.. ERS is not just about deployment.. 

54 minutes ago, Coanda said:

state of charge... We can not control those modes in CM series.. ERS is not just about deployment.. 

I think we can a bit in the same way you described in your post - by altering driving style. Not using Overtake will also increase charge of course.

Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2020 at 4:41 PM, Theseus said:

I use an XBOX elite 2 controller so I have ERS and Fuel mapped with the paddles and it works perfectly. 

Hi @Theseus, does the elite Xbox controller offer an increased number of button inputs for the CM F1 games over the standard Xbox controller? I'm currently playing F1 2019.

Ideally I'd like to have dedicated buttons for fuel mix increase/decrease, brake bias increase/decrease, and differential increase/decrease, and ERS increase/decrease on the pad (in addition to having a dedicated button for DRS, look back, pit limiter and MFD scroll), as I'm struggling to use the MFD mid-race. On the standard controller this is not possible as I'm 2 buttons short. I'm thinking of getting the elite Xbox controller if it has an increased number of button/paddle inputs that are supported by  the F1 games - could you confirm this for me please, as reading your post it seems the additional Inputs on the elite controller are supported?

Any assistance you can offer is greatly appreciated - thank you,

Monzie

Edited by Monzie83

39 minutes ago, Monzie83 said:

Hi @Theseus, does the elite Xbox controller offer an increased number of button inputs for the CM F1 games over the standard Xbox controller? I'm currently playing F1 2019.

Ideally I'd like to have dedicated buttons for fuel mix increase/decrease, brake bias increase/decrease, and differential increase/decrease, and ERS increase/decrease on the pad (in addition to having a dedicated button for DRS, look back, pit limiter and MFD scroll), as I'm struggling to use the MFD mid-race. On the standard controller this is not possible as I'm 2 buttons short. I'm thinking of getting the elite Xbox controller if it has an increased number of button/paddle inputs that are supported by  the F1 games - could you confirm this for me please, as reading your post it seems the additional Inputs on the elite controller are supported?

Any assistance you can offer is greatly appreciated - thank you,

Monzie

Yes @Monzie83 you have an increased number of buttons to map because you can use one of the paddles as a shift button so essentially doubling the amount of functionality over a standard controller. I use the top right paddle as the shift function and then map everything to the Y,X,A,B buttons because I like to use my right hand/thumb leaving my left hand to maintain priority on steering. 

• Thanks 1

The real problem IMO is that you cannot map your ERS deployment in any way.  Even being in Medium for an entire lap and not using the overtake button at all in the race, I’ve found myself running out of ERS on the way to the Start/Finish line.  Same thing in qualifying, you run out of ERS before you complete the lap.  I’m fairly sure the teams do their best to ensure this doesn’t happen to be sure they’re getting the best run down the longest straights and not wasting ERS on the tighter twistier sections.  I will also freely admit I was one of the ones who truly enjoyed micromanage the ERS and Fuel mix corner by corner, lap by lap and would really love to go back to the way it was.  Unfortunately that won’t happen, which is fine but there’s got to be a way for us to program the ERS deployment to be more efficient than it currently is, maybe the ERS practice program?