Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

G29 does not work at all on F1 2020

Hello,

I have been playing F1 2019 for several months now using a Logitech G29 on the PS4 and I never had any problems. But as I started playing F1 2020 I realised that the G29 doesn't work in the new game even though it still works in the PS4 menus etc...

Would anybody be able to help me with that problem? 

Thank you very much in advance 🙂

Edited by MightyBaguette

1.       My Logitech G29 wheel works perfectly on F1 2019 and in the PS4 menus but is not recognised by F1 2020.
2.       1.03 
3.       All game modes 
4.       I have restarted the PS4 and closed and opened the game between 5 and 10 times already. 
5.       I have attempted to update the Logitech wheel via the downloadable software on their website but it didn't work.
6.      I do not have a video but I think the problem is quite clear. Wheel completely unresponsive when using F1 2020

Same problem but on PC version...

G29 works fine on F1 2019 (PC), logitech hub sees it correctly, but F1 2020 just keep on showing only the keyboard... 🤷🏻‍♂️

(sorry if it’s not the right post)

edit: solved on steam options 

Edited by Fantakal

5 hours ago, Fantakal said:

G29 works fine on F1 2019 (PC), logitech hub sees it correctly, but F1 2020 just keep on showing only the keyboard... 🤷🏻‍♂️

This Steam controller option needs to be in the FAQ.

• Agree 1

On 8/14/2020 at 4:43 AM, Fantakal said:

how did you fix it on steam options?

G29 works fine on F1 2019 (PC), logitech hub sees it correctly, but F1 2020 just keep on showing only the keyboard

Can someone please tell me how i fix this

On 8/29/2020 at 7:08 PM, Mygamerboy said:

how did you fix it on steam options?

I opened big picture, entered in settings, controller settings and deflagged everything. It works perfectly right now.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 7:04 PM, zippedd said:

G29 works fine on F1 2019 (PC), logitech hub sees it correctly, but F1 2020 just keep on showing only the keyboard

Can someone please tell me how i fix this

Same issue... I fixed it via Steam in the way descripted in the post righ before this one.

I have the same problem with my G29 controller on my PC. I deflagged everything in the controller setting in steam to no avail. The only device detected is a generic game pad (I don't own one). Both GHUB and Windows 10 recognize my G29 controller. Steam is up to date too.

3 hours ago, MYOB said:

I have the same problem with my G29 controller on my PC. I deflagged everything in the controller setting in steam to no avail. The only device detected is a generic game pad (I don't own one). Both GHUB and Windows 10 recognize my G29 controller. Steam is up to date too.

You need to post a bug report and dxdiag

Ok, I'm not the most computer savvy person (although I know that dxdiag is run from the command prompt) and I'm new to codemaster games and website, so forgive me if I ask a complete newbie question...How do I post a bug report?

Thanks.

• A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
  • Platform. F1 2020 does not recognize my Logitech G29 steering wheel. After loading the game, I get to a point where I come to a screen that says "press any button". Pressing a button leads to a screen with a message that says "No preset control scheme for device(s)". Pressing the enter button brings me to a screen where I have to set my controller manually.
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
  • Game-mode? Version 1.12
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again? Sure, all I have to do is load the game with my Logitech G29 controller plugged into my computer.
  • How do you make the problem happen? Load the game.
  • What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue. I have followed suggested solutions to this problem. Specifically, I have gone to Big picture in the steam client, clicked on settings, clicked on controller settings and deflagged everything. I have also made sure that my steam client was up to date.
  • What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) I am using the Logitech G29 racing wheel.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears. no
  • I would like to add that both Logitech's GHUB and Windows 10 recognize my wheel.

DxDiag.txt

Okay, I've updated the drivers for my motherboard and uninstalled LGS (I had both LGS and GHub installed, so I'm sure there was a conflict there), but the game still doesn't recognize my wheel even though GHub and Windows 10 home does. What else can I try?

On 10/30/2020 at 11:53 PM, MYOB said:

Okay, I've updated the drivers for my motherboard and uninstalled LGS (I had both LGS and GHub installed, so I'm sure there was a conflict there), but the game still doesn't recognize my wheel even though GHub and Windows 10 home does. What else can I try?

Did you try deleting the hardware_settings_config.xml and verifying the files on Steam?

Ok, it's working now. I did verify the files on steam but, apparently, deleting the hardware_settings_config.xml did the trick. Now if someone can tell me why my steering wheel works fine when I run a race, but steers like a truck in time trials? Thanks for all your help, steviejay69.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MYOB said:

Ok, it's working now. I did verify the files on steam but, apparently, deleting the hardware_settings_config.xml did the trick. Now if someone can tell me why my steering wheel works fine when I run a race, but steers like a truck in time trials? Thanks for all your help, steviejay69.

Get back to CM about that! 😄 

unfortunately i do have the same issue, i tried to follow all the steps mentioned above, but the game does not detect my g29 steering wheel.
-all drivers are updated
-the wheel is recognized in LG Hub as well as in LGS
-the wheel worked fine until 3 months ago
-i tried deleting files in the game folder, validated files and stuff
-i even checked the wheel technically, everything seems fine

what should i do then? :c

should i uninstall them?
well i can't, because i have a logitech mouse...

Edited by mjg1301

32 minutes ago, mjg1301 said:

should i uninstall them?
well i can't, because i have a logitech mouse...

Yes you can the mouse will work fine without LGS.

What I mean is you should use only GHub as LGS is legacy abandonware.