Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Game will not run in fullscreen/install error 110

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

After installing game in Steam, when i click Play I am offered the choice of DX11 or 12, regardless of choice, I then receive the windows installer error "The system cannot open the file or device specified." [see file 'Capture1']

Clicking Retry has no effect.

Clicking Cancel bring up windows installer error 110. [see file 'Capture2']. Clicking 'OK' returns me to the previous error. Clicking Cancel again returns the 'Install error 110' once more.

Clicking 'OK' for the second time I receive an F1 2020 - Warning "Installed AMD graphics driver is older than the recommended version (20.4.2). Do you wish to continue?" [see file 'Capture3'].

Clicking Yes launches F1 2020 in fullscreen mode, but I am unable to run anything resolution, other than the display native (5120x2880) resolution in fullscreen. My preferred 1080 or 1440 resolutions produce a window roughly 1/4 of the overall screen size. Additionally the mouse stops working while the game screen is active.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

v1.03

3.       Game-mode? 

N/a

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Followed process 5 times for each of DX11 and DX12.

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Uninstalled and reinstalled game in Steam

Uninstalled and reinstalled latest display driver from AMD

Uninstalled and reinstalled game in Steam

Used Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 Setup (ndp48-web.exe), Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool Setup (NetFxRepairTool.exe) and dxdiag.exe to confirm all is fine.

No changes or issues detected or resolved.

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc)

N/a

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

DxDiag.txt

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

Will investigate. Thanks for the good reporting @Stradd3rs. Can you add a DXDiag here?

It's already there, right at the bottom or original post