Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Posted (edited)

Edit:

1) On PS4, when I use Hotlap ERS in qualifying, the ERS runs out in the middle of the last corner. This doesn't happen in Austria for example. I have ERS in manual, but don't touch anything related to ERS during the lap. Does't matter whether it's free practice or qualifying in Zandvoort, the ERS will go "red X" in that last corner. Was using a Red Bull car.

2) 1.03

3) Grand Prix

4) Tried 5 hot laps out of the pits where ERS was fully charged at the start of the lap. Tried with manual ERS in mode 2, tried with auto ERS, 5 times it ran out in last corner.

5) See point 4

6) Thrustmaster T300 wheel

7) Not at the moment.

@BarryBL better?

Edited by FlyingDutch020

Because you have used all of the ERS available for a lap. Even though its a hotlap, managing the ERS is still important.

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Because you have used all of the ERS available for a lap. Even though its a hotlap, managing the ERS is still important.

@BarryBL Somewhat confused. Can't see the issue OP has posted as no video or photo but surely for qualifying, Hotlap mode should be configured to use all your 'D' bar ERS available across the entire lap so that you run out as you cross the line. That is the most efficient use of it, no? Surely it shouldn't run out before the line otherwise its Hotpartofalap mode.

I would understand if they started the lap with minimal ERS battery that depleted before all the 'D' bar available could be used, but if there is plenty of battery, then surely this shouldn't happen. Suggests someone has mapped the mode inefficiently!

4 minutes ago, martbloke said:

@BarryBL Somewhat confused. Can't see the issue OP has posted as no video or photo but surely for qualifying, Hotlap mode should be configured to use all your 'D' bar ERS available across the entire lap so that you run out as you cross the line. That is the most efficient use of it, no? Surely it shouldn't run out before the line otherwise its Hotpartofalap mode.

I would understand if they started the lap with minimal ERS battery that depleted before all the 'D' bar available could be used, but if there is plenty of battery, then surely this shouldn't happen. Suggests someone has mapped the mode inefficiently!

Sill potential of a de-rate at the end. Agreed, a video @FlyingDutch020 would help.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, BarryBL said:

I'm confused, I should have to switch my ERS during a qualifying lap to none for 2 corners, just to make sure I have some left coming onto the last straight. That's not necessary for any other track. 

Hope this helps:

@BarryBL 

@martbloke

Edited by FlyingDutch020

2 hours ago, FlyingDutch020 said:

I'm confused, I should have to switch my ERS during a qualifying lap to none for 2 corners, just to make sure I have some left coming onto the last straight. That's not necessary for any other track. 

Hope this helps:

@BarryBL 

@martbloke

Yeah see to me it should be mapped so that doesn't happen. The whole D bar (green bar) should only be empty as you cross the line to be optimally mapped for a hotlap, not as you start the final straight where it would be most beneficial. Would be cool to see if that is the same for the AI too. If it isn't and there's is mapped properly, then even more a bug that I believe it currently is.

This is all on the assumption that ERS is mapped to deploy x amount of your lap availability at certain points around the track and is not dependent on player input that could cause the D bar to deplete faster or slower of course. If I am wrong and say if you are in higher revs for longer than is necessary, ERS depletes faster, then fair enough it's a user issue, but I do not believe this to be the case.

44 minutes ago, martbloke said:

Yeah see to me it should be mapped so that doesn't happen. The whole D bar (green bar) should only be empty as you cross the line to be optimally mapped for a hotlap, not as you start the final straight where it would be most beneficial. Would be cool to see if that is the same for the AI too. If it isn't and there's is mapped properly, then even more a bug that I believe it currently is.

This is all on the assumption that ERS is mapped to deploy x amount of your lap availability at certain points around the track and is not dependent on player input that could cause the D bar to deplete faster or slower of course. If I am wrong and say if you are in higher revs for longer than is necessary, ERS depletes faster, then fair enough it's a user issue, but I do not believe this to be the case.

That’s my point exactly, and this doen any happen at any other track. Any other track you have ERS until you cross the finish line.

Also don’t know if it’s a user issue. Have auto gears and like I said, this is only track it happens. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 6:00 PM, FlyingDutch020 said:

That’s my point exactly, and this doen any happen at any other track. Any other track you have ERS until you cross the finish line.

Also don’t know if it’s a user issue. Have auto gears and like I said, this is only track it happens. 

Does for me, its marginal, but you do have to manage the ERS slightly.