F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Customisation is a MASSIVE disappointment

I have to agree and its really disappointing because in the year 2020 with video games where they are today its just crazy how limited and basic the customization is. 

• Agree 8

Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2020 at 9:06 PM, Kislesko0317 said:

With F1 2019 having a wide-variety of customisation stuff, including liveries, overalls, gloves, helmets etc. , I had a same level of expectation that we will get something similar in F1 2020. Especially with the new Podium Pass feature. I took a look on YouTube and in the game to see, what liveries overalls and helmets we can win. Unfortunately I have to say that F1 2020's customisation is a massive disappointment compared to F1 2019. The amount of helmets, overalls, gloves that were available us, have let me down aswell. The majority of the helmets and overalls that looked good, and were worth wearing, have been swept down, leaving me and other players being able to choose from completely basic ones. Same with the liveries. I cannot belive that all the good looking liveries you made in F1 2019, are not in this years game, instead we got liveries that look like, that they were made by beginners (with the exception of the British flag shape and the galactic livery).

In my opinion, these liveries should have made it into F1 2020:

• Avax - G-Sync
  • Xenon - Bisect
  • Atlantic - Vostok
  • Zanzare - Flow
  • Venus - Data Stripe
  • Xenon - Dorsal
  • Lupo Industries - Full Moon
  • Distort - Swipe
  • Monnaie - Heritage
  • Avax - Cockpit
  • Achevée - Gradient
  • Xenon - Dart

These liveries looked completely amazing, and no matter what color combination you made, it gave you the feeling that, you'd belong to the grid.

And since we are at multiplayer cars, I also want to express my opinions about putting sponsors on the cars. I am happy that we can put sponsors on the cars, but it needs a little update. Each livery template should have their own sponsor spots and there should be an option where we can set the size of the sponsors. There are sponsors which size are extremely tiny on certain parts of the car (like XXY).

Overall this is what I think about the customisation system of F1 2020. I hope that sooner or later this will be updated.

Agree mate!

On 7/7/2020 at 9:28 PM, Bhawk67 said:

I have to agree and its really disappointing because in the year 2020 with video games where they are today its just crazy how limited and basic the customization is. 

Agree mate!

I'm not allowed to talk about the beta but it is one point I've told them. Hope they will update it. Otherwise it's nonsense to have a beta 😎 Let's see how important our feedback is 😖

Edited by FIE
  • Agree 1

Agree, and I’d add that it’s also massively disappointing albeit not in the slightest bit surprising to not see any customisation  of the models.... 

Take Bottas’ Stilo helmet for example - it’s already in the game, What possible reason is there not to let players use it for their avatar??

Thinking of the marketability of such a small addition, which gives you exponentially more possibilities even if the same paint designs are applied to both models, it’s virtually a no-brainer! 

🤦🏽‍♂️

Posted (edited)

I was starting to be ok with the idea of the virtual currency for cosmetic improvements until I started the game and saw what was available. The impression it gives is that they removed most of the content from base game and will make it restricted through Podium Pass, which would be ok if points were given more fairly. The problem is that its looking to be more like a Star Wars Battlefront 2 scenario. 

Edited by emori
  • Agree 5

As usual I'm going against the argument. At first I was disappointed as well. Until my podium pass was activated and saw that it is Pokemon style or as some would say SWB2 style of accuring new stuff. I like this sort of keeping-user-engaged-method of distributing prizes. I think I even suggested to do it this way. I love turning on the console just to see if there is a new livery available I want.

But I do understand people who don't like that playful element in the game. 

• Agree 7

I hate it. Like someone else has said, they designed a full game and then lock most of it away from most people...

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

I hate it. Like someone else has said, they designed a full game and then lock most of it away from most people...

I recently bought MotoGP 19 and guess what the game have livery editor, you have all kind of cool helmets and you can download user-made, no microtransactions, and no coins bullshait :D. I remember NFS 2015 had an awesome livery editor and user online sharing content and this game was made by EA mind you. I just want the ability to create my own suit helmet and car livery, and the ability to download other users made, like in the normal games 😄.

• Agree 2

I haven't seen the podium pass unlocks yet - but it's annoying that you can't design a livery where the sidepods or rear wings can't have separate colours

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Yeah its like Battlefield 5 now, you have to keep grinding challenges that keep you locked in a constant cycle and if you miss a week etc you miss those items as they have time sensitive items just like BF5 has. Also the fact they removed most of last years standard helmets and left us only with 6, only other helmets are behind the podium pass. I understand if they restricted it for MyTeam as that's a progression mode, but its also limited for Multiplayer.

I'm a massive supporter of the F1 series & Codies, but some of the omissions and decisions in this title are really odd.

After the biggest thread over the past year on this forum complaining the online championship had been removed in last game they still did not add online championship back, still no weather/time of day in leagues, and now removal of loads of custom stuff we had last year and locking it behind grindy podium pass/pay wall

Edited by TomAAA

I can't see why they wouldn't be able to have a livery creator like the one in Forza where you can create your own and download liveries from the community without mods. I mean I don't know anything about licencing restrictions but If Forza can get away with it I surely Codemasters couldn't do something similar.

46 minutes ago, Fhd19 said:

I can't see why they wouldn't be able to have a livery creator like the one in Forza where you can create your own and download liveries from the community without mods. I mean I don't know anything about licencing restrictions but If Forza can get away with it I surely Codemasters couldn't do something similar.

Absolutely! Even if it had the livery options like on Race Driver: Grid it would be much better.

I can understand a new F1 team having the worst car and being limited as to what it can invest in at the start, but there shouldn't be a limit to livery creation.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

Yeah its like Battlefield 5 now, you have to keep grinding boring challenges that keep you locked in a constant cycle and if you miss a week etc you miss those items as they have time sensitive items just like BF5 has. Also the fact they removed most of last years standard helmets and left us only with 6, only other helmets are behind the podium pass.

I'm a massive supporter of the F1 series & Codies, but some of the omissions and decisions in this title are really bad.

After the biggest thread over the past year on this forum complaining the online championship had been removed in last game they still did not add online championship back, still no weather/time of day in leagues, and now removal of loads of custom stuff we had last year and locking it behind grindy podium pass/pay wall

True. It's a way to keep people engaged but I enjoy it. I know this game is gonna be heavy on my wallet because I ran already out of Pitcoin and realize I'm gonna spend a lot of real cash on Pitcoins so I can see that people hate this because it generates extra cash for codemasters and everyone knows all te companies in the world are evil and just want our cash (sarcasm) :classic_biggrin:

But the idea of not getting all the liveries and stuff at the start is defendable as you start of with a new team, no connections and almost no funds. You don't have access to the best liveries on the market. 

I haven't figured out yet how long it takes to unlock everything but at this moment in my career it looks like I'm unlocking new stuff at a rapid pace so at this moment I'm a big fan of the podium pass. I might reconsider once I get my real life bank statements :classic_tongue: 

Its a good game, and the new things they've added for customisation is really cool. but the fact that we're lacking so many liveries and helmets is a massive disappointment. some of my favourite helmets from f1 2019 just arent present. i hope that they'll add them in updates either for free, or to the item shop, or the level up tree or something

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, magpieracer48 said:

I actually quite like it.

save_29.thumb.png.b0020a859c9b5e7f18ab32c2951c0643.png

This would be perfect if the sponsors were altered to fit with the livery better. The green shark logo could be rotated slightly so it fits between the flag outlines. If Codies make those changes themselves or if they allow us to do it I’m not too fussed by. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Do note that there is a rotation on available items. As far as I can tell you get new liveries every eight weeks because that's how long the VIP pass runs for season 1

I have to agree that not having the old liveries come over is a big shame, and the ones I have seen available through the podium pass are not at all to my liking. Seems like a miss to me.

The big one for me are the badges, they are aweful.

I have to agree on the badges. There are only 2 badges that are like usable because they are so generic and I like how you can customize the badges but most of them look awful and the one in the podium pass don't send the message there will be nicer ones on the way

Awwwh people's demands these days.. i guess they are also "MASSIVELY DISSAPOINTED" if it rains outside or if their shoelaces are untied... personally i couldnt care less about customisation.. but hey.. every kid to its own.. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, thatDutchguy83 said:

Awwwh people's demands these days.. i guess they are also "MASSIVELY DISSAPOINTED" if it rains outside or if their shoelaces are untied... personally i couldnt care less about customisation.. but hey.. every kid to its own.. 

Peoples demands? It’s the year 2020 ffs bruh and we’d expect customization that reflects some level of detail. I mean if you’re good with your Barbie doll having no hair then you do you man. :classic_laugh:

Edited by Bhawk67
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 3

As a fan of Formula 1 for the last 30 years, I can say without doubt that the liveries in the podium pass or the basics one available are the worst I've ever seen in real life and in games too. 

Not talking about the helmets, or the suits, so poor and ugly to be considered cheap in the worst Sunday amateur race. 

Dear Codies, thank you for adjusting some of the major flaw of the last year game, but this cannot excuse that lack of style and caring for the customisation department. If you wanna take some extra money from the fans, at least provide something worthy. 

Copy from the past, take a look at the amazing story of 70 years of F1 and be inspired...

• Agree 2

Honest to god it's 2020 and you can't even choose the color of your number or choose between mat, chrome or metallic paint.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Bhawk67 said:

Peoples demands? It’s the year 2020 ffs bruh and we’d expect customization that reflects some level of detail. I mean if you’re good with your Barbie doll having no hair then you do you man. :classic_laugh:

Back in 2018 we could have only dreamed about having our own team. You should have been alive in 2018. It were different times back then. The youth today can't imagine how life was 2 years ago. :classic_laugh: