F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE | Season 3 starting 20/11 Read more... ×

Customisation is a MASSIVE disappointment

47 minutes ago, FlyingDutch020 said:

Honest to god it's 2020 and you can't even choose the color of your number or choose between mat, chrome or metallic paint.  

My words exactly.

• Agree 2

Well im actually more the type that wants to fiddle on track finding the best braking spots without any assists on, in stead of painting a car and adding decals for hours.. but like i said each to their own. i'm in cockpit view all the time anyway so i only notice my car is red or blue if i notice at all... and indeed this livery editor is purely built in it for kids who demanded it coming from forza gtsport and you name it. 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, GBPolesitter said:

This would be perfect if the sponsors were altered to fit with the livery better. The green shark logo could be rotated slightly so it fits between the flag outlines. If Codies make those changes themselves or if they allow us to do it I’m not too fussed by. 

It's good idea and suggestion of being able to move/rotate the sponsors within a particular section on the car. Maybe something they could add later perhaps.

• Agree 3

A lot of the helmets from years past are missing as well.  Did they have to take items out so they could add the my team?  

15 minutes ago, missile8310 said:

A lot of the helmets from years past are missing as well.  Did they have to take items out so they could add the my team?  

Feels more so they could keep players grinding for them and make them purchase the VIP pass... could have just made available last years stuff and then added more in the pass 

• Agree 4

If I knew my favourite livery, helmet and badge were available for purchase, I’d buy them

• Agree 1

On 7/7/2020 at 3:06 PM, Kislesko0317 said:

With F1 2019 having a wide-variety of customisation stuff, including liveries, overalls, gloves, helmets etc. , I had a same level of expectation that we will get something similar in F1 2020. Especially with the new Podium Pass feature. I took a look on YouTube and in the game to see, what liveries overalls and helmets we can win. Unfortunately I have to say that F1 2020's customisation is a massive disappointment compared to F1 2019. The amount of helmets, overalls, gloves that were available us, have let me down aswell. The majority of the helmets and overalls that looked good, and were worth wearing, have been swept down, leaving me and other players being able to choose from completely basic ones. Same with the liveries. I cannot belive that all the good looking liveries you made in F1 2019, are not in this years game, instead we got liveries that look like, that they were made by beginners (with the exception of the British flag shape and the galactic livery).

In my opinion, these liveries should have made it into F1 2020:

• Avax - G-Sync
  • Xenon - Bisect
  • Atlantic - Vostok
  • Zanzare - Flow
  • Venus - Data Stripe
  • Xenon - Dorsal
  • Lupo Industries - Full Moon
  • Distort - Swipe
  • Monnaie - Heritage
  • Avax - Cockpit
  • Achevée - Gradient
  • Xenon - Dart

These liveries looked completely amazing, and no matter what color combination you made, it gave you the feeling that, you'd belong to the grid.

And since we are at multiplayer cars, I also want to express my opinions about putting sponsors on the cars. I am happy that we can put sponsors on the cars, but it needs a little update. Each livery template should have their own sponsor spots and there should be an option where we can set the size of the sponsors. There are sponsors which size are extremely tiny on certain parts of the car (like XXY).

Overall this is what I think about the customisation system of F1 2020. I hope that sooner or later this will be updated.

Hopefully codies makes it happen

@BarryBL you could add a „helmet pack“ DLC to the store with for example all F1 2019 helmets to purchase. That would help. Just a suggestion. I think lots of people would buy it.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

@BarryBL you could add a „helmet pack“ DLC to the store with for example all F1 2019 helmets to purchase. That would help. Just a suggestion. I think lots of people would buy it.

Devil's advocate here but they should be obtainable for free. That's what I like a lot about the new system. A 10y old can achieve to obtain everything for free even a VIP pass. Having these DLC packs with helmets takes the fun out of it for me because I have a CC and I'm lazy. So if DLC packs would come I would prefer at the end of each season containing everything from the passed season.

Edited by BelgiumDude
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

Devil's advocate here but they should be obtainable for free. That's what I like a lot about the new system. A 10y old can achieve to obtain everything for free even a VIP pass. Having these DLC packs with helmets takes the fun out of it for me because I have a CC and I'm lazy. So if DLC packs would come I would prefer at the end of each season containing everything from the passed season.

Well, at least the F1 2019 helmets because they had some really nice designs.

• Agree 1

Micro transactions in full priced products is very very cheeky. Even cosmetic ones. This practice needs to stop. It won't but one can try. 

Lucky for me I don't care, my customization needs are fairly simple but this practice of 'making content available then later locking it behind a pay wall' is nothing new. 

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, AllenB2609 said:

More items will be added as grindable objectives throughout the year, we are only in Season 1 of the pass

• Like 1

@BarryBL Paul Jeal suggested on twitter that some of the custom livieries were inspired by designs of old, however from what I can tell so far there isn't any I recognise. Does that mean there are some coming in the future soon?

1 minute ago, Turtlemoose said:

@BarryBL Paul Jeal suggested on twitter that some of the custom livieries were inspired by designs of old, however from what I can tell so far there isn't any I recognise. Does that mean there are some coming in the future soon?

Cannot confirm at this point. 'Suggested' being the key term. The Podium Pass is only in Season 1 however, and more is yet to come.

3 hours ago, Peachrocks said:

Micro transactions in full priced products is very very cheeky. Even cosmetic ones. This practice needs to stop. It won't but one can try. 

Lucky for me I don't care, my customization needs are fairly simple but this practice of 'making content available then later locking it behind a pay wall' is nothing new. 

I agree with this. A full price release should be a full game, but here we have so much content stripped away leaving a very bare bones customisation system for those if us that have no interest in grinding or paying.

This should be the case for free to play games, but it’s a sad state of affairs now that developers are charging full price AND using micro transactions. It’s just pure monetisation of the product, which in a business sense i get but as a practice i hate it.

I will not buy a single item that i deem should be there in a full release on principle (it helps that i dont really care for customisation 😊).

It is really really taking the **** though that they don’t even include the stuff that was there for free last year! It’s like they couldn’t think of any new designs so to make this system work they had to strip out loads of stuff that was already there!

Lazy and greedy - bad combination for any business. 

• Agree 1

@BarryBL thanks for your quick responses, in the 4 years I've been a member on here no staff member has responded as frequently or quickly as yourself - I think most on here really appreciate that.

I get Licensing/copywriting  can be an issue with customising - (for example the "Scuderia" debate yesterday)

The two things that stick out for me with the custom liveries I think avoid anything to do with licensing 

1) No scaling of logo sizes

2) No livery template where sidepods or rear wings have different colour scheme to rest of car

Other than that "My team" works a treat - they are my only "moans" with it

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Turtlemoose said:

@BarryBL thanks for your quick responses, in the 4 years I've been a member on here no staff member has responded as frequently or quickly as yourself - I think most on here really appreciate that.

I get Licensing/copywriting  can be an issue with customising - (for example the "Scuderia" debate yesterday)

The two things that stick out for me with the custom liveries I think avoid anything to do with licensing 

1) No scaling of logo sizes

2) No livery template where sidepods or rear wings have different colour scheme to rest of car

Other than that "My team" works a treat - they are my only "moans" with it

1 and 2./ Aware of that and we will be looking to add improvements to the customisation where we can later in the cycle. I've done a fair bit of tinkering in the Customisation stuff and its our first major attempt at it, so we'll always be looking to improve this for sure

• Thanks 5
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

1 and 2./ Aware of that and we will be looking to add improvements to the customisation where we can later in the cycle. I've done a fair bit of tinkering in the Customisation stuff and its our first major attempt at it, so we'll always be looking to improve this for sure

Fancy having a go at creating a template resembling this?!

Jean_Alesi_-_Imola_1996_(5).jpg

• Haha 1

Ultimately the livery should only be  a very small piece of the game. 

You should be racing 🏎 whether in leagues or career 🤔

I get a lot of the young generation  are into liverys  

On a great 👍 note 📝  

Thank you codemasters for the huge 250 car setup saves.

That's a huge improvement 👏 

Throttle response is a massive improvement. 

Disappointed to see 3 cars added but more cars taken away  . Expected to see bittern and hisses Jordan. 

Overall 9/10 f12020. 

Just as long as you don't add crazy updates 😜 that's my only concern over the next year. And one voiced by many many people on steam .discord and ps4 leagues. 

9/10 f12020. A must buy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turtlemoose said:

@BarryBL sorry one more thing - ability to change colour of car number

Yes, with my colour scheme and livery choice the number is almost invisible

Posted (edited)

Who do I need to bribe to get the Achevée - Gradient livery from 2019 to show up in the daily items shop lol

That livery would be absolutely perfect for my MyTeam. I want it so bad.

Edited by Blent

Yeah. The lack of driver number customisation is the exact same as it's always been. That horrible black with a single font. The NASCAR Heat games have the ability to customise this and they've got much less of a budget.

Why do I see this year so many comments about the Nascar game? Is Liberty media delivering on their promise to bring more new blood to the F1 fanbase? No offense to Nascar fans but I buy a lot of racing games and I never ever thought about buying a Nascar game. The first thing I read about Nascar comparisons I thought "can you please compare to a game that I might buy" but more and more people are comparing to the Nascar game. Are more Americans now onboard with Formule 1 or have Europeans all gone mad or did the universe split and I ended up in the wrong dimension? :classic_biggrin: