F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Customisation is a MASSIVE disappointment

4 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

Why do I see this year so many comments about the Nascar game? Is Liberty media delivering on their promise to bring more new blood to the F1 fanbase? No offense to Nascar fans but I buy a lot of racing games and I never ever thought about buying a Nascar game. The first thing I read about Nascar comparisons I thought "can you please compare to a game that I might buy" but more and more people are comparing to the Nascar game. Are more Americans now onboard with Formule 1 or have Europeans all gone mad or did the universe split and I ended up in the wrong dimension? :classic_biggrin:

The reason of that is not only that Americans play f1 but people just play all kinds of racing games I personally play, F1, DIRT, WRC, Nascar, GTsport MOTO GP, and many more. It's natural to compare titles then. 😉

1 minute ago, BiohazardBGR said:

The reason of that is not only that Americans play f1 but people just play all kinds of racing games I personally play, F1, DIRT, WRC, Nascar, GTsport MOTO GP, and many more. It's natural to compare titles then. 😉

So the universe did split up and I'm on the other side. I knew it something was off with this world :classic_biggrin:

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

So the universe did split up and I'm on the other side. I knew it something was off with this world :classic_biggrin:

One of the best customization options is in the NFS series, they are so good you just cannot have microtransaction with generic color swap liveries in the game then. People share online awesome livers for everyone to use. I want in my F1 game similar customization options. Change chaises, wings halos materials on the car. I don't want full-priced games full of microtransactions and generic color skins that are overpriced. I understand if this is the mobile f1 game but the main titles just no. Keep those microtransactions out of our full-priced games. Just give us amazing f1 car customization and livery editor with the ability to download user content. Take note Codemasters, this is customization done right.

Edited by BiohazardBGR

I have that game. But that is a totally different game and yes I like the full fledged customization in that game but that game is all about customizing your car. It would make sense that micro transactions on customization in that game would be seen as a cash grab. Formula 1 is not about having the shiniest looking car. The customization is just a fun factor for between races. It's not like showing of your most over the top ridiculous car you would never buy in real life but which is fun to create and cruise with in the streets of some city whilst taking cops down.

I had a look at the Nascar 5 reviews btw and I prefer fewer customization options than having to play a game that looks like Nascar 5 to be honest.