Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

[Time Trial]Crash Report just after crossing finish line

Posted (edited)

1. A description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Twice after crossing the line in Time Trial after setting a fastest lap first at Zandvoort and then at Hanoi the game crashes to the crash dumper. Both reports have been sent (to whereever they go)

also steam notification causes huge frame rate stalls

2. What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

3. How many times have you recreated your issue? If you can't recreate it regularly, we won't be able to either.  

It had happened twice at Zandvoort and then Hanoi

4. What troubleshooting efforts have you made? Try to fix it before posting a bug report.

Validated game files. All okay

have now turned steam overlay and notification off. Will report back if that solves it

5. Any accessories you are using (gamepad, wheel etc)

Fanatec CSW Formula V2 on CSW v2.5 Wheelbase
Fanatec CSW V3 Pedals direct connection to USB
Logitech G933 Headphones
Running Simhub for UDP Shakit Seat Rumbler
Running Discord

6. Any screenshots or video of the issue? For posted video,

No just crashed. Crash reports from both uploaded to where ever ego crash dump reports go.

Edited by TeenierNeilb69
Spelling correction of Hanoi
  • Agree 2

It appears to crash when it connects to the leaderboard to show your new position.  Just as that orange indication comes up as shown in the screen shot of the previous linked bug report.

since I disabled Steam overlay and Steam notifications, I’ve not crashed again, but do get a serious frame rate stall at the time and that orange new position banner comes up.

so to me it’s definitely associated with setting a new fast lap and connecting to the online leaderboards to show your new position.

It seems like its crashing when you set a new fastest lap. cause thats what keeps hapening to me.

Posted (edited)

I had the same issue at Austria two times.

Edited by BadMange

I had the same happen yesterday in Bahrain, sent the ego crash dump also. 

Happened to me on Xbox One X, but unfortunately xbox does not have any error reporting log  system 

• Agree 1

I also get the same issue on PS4 at Vietnam (not trial other track yet).

I posted in this thread which looks similar to yours:

Same has happened to me twice, game crashes just after crossing the finishing line after setting a new fastest lap. Happened once at Hanoi and again at Zandvoort. Playing on PS4 (v1.04)

A0977A1B-8BBD-4904-BA96-7C73063F7907.jpeg

Posted (edited)

I've experienced the same problem.

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Crash to desktop.  Occurred only during time-trial mode at Albert Park, Zandvoort and Monza.  No issues at Singapore or Speilberg, or during a 3-lap race at Speilberg.  Can't be certain about when issue occurred at Albert Park or Zandvoort, however after seeing this thread I was focussed during the Monza session.  Crash happened after I had set my third, fastest personal best time on about my fifth lap.  The game crashed nearer to the control tower on the left of the main straight after passing the pit lane exit.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

PC (Steam) version 1.03 

3.       Game-mode? 

Time Trial.  (1) Albert Park, (2) Zandvoort and (5) Monza.  note - number denotes attempt.

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Five attempts.  Between Zandvoort and Monza I did a 15 minute time trial each at Speilberg and Singapore with no issues.

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Rebooted the PC after Zandvoort.  Checked for latest version of Nvidia drivers.  I'm running the latest, v451.67.  Turned off Steam system overlay after reading another thread.  Did not prevent the crashing.

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Logitech G29 with Logitech G602 mouse

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

Nil.

Nil.  Game CTD before I'm able to take a screenshot.

Edited by dbr9lemans

It used to crash for me in time trial too. Now it no longer crashes, but it won't record my lap time on the leaderboards. 

An update from me. I did some TT at Silverstone last night and set new fast times and didn’t see the frame rate stalls as I saw at Zandvoort and a few other tracks.

whether something has been resolved in the Online services or it’s a track specific issue, couldn’t say.

a comment from Codemasters would be appreciated as this is/was clearly a widespread issue 

@BarryBL

Same issue for me on PS4, happening three times this morning in Austria TT. I think it might be when it's trying to load a new opponents ghost, having beaten the previous one.

(Running v 1.04 although it still says 1.03 on the load screen.)

20 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Same issue for me on PS4, happening three times this morning in Austria TT. I think it might be when it's trying to load a new opponents ghost, having beaten the previous one.

(Running v 1.04 although it still says 1.03 on the load screen.)

Yeah...same problem.

Game crashes and error pops up in time trial after completing a lap, any circuit, play at PS4 pro With Logitech G29

Posted (edited)

PS4
schumacher edition
Time trial

Was having same problem yesterday, on Australia. When I improved laptime, game froze for a second, then crashed. Right after the crash my wheel (T500rs) slowly turned left for 180 degrees, and it was really hard to turn them to any direction. I checked for PS4 update, and for F1 update too, both runing on latest version. (altough in game still showing 1.03)

Today I tried TT in Australia again, and it wasnt crashing at all, even tho I was improving laptime. I was so happy that bug was gone. Then I went for TT in Bahrain, and my first lap was invalidated, and 2nd lap (valid) it froze and crashed again, with my wheel again slowly turning 180 degree to left. I checked again, and both PS4 and game are on latest version.

I saved video of playing and crashing, if needed.

Edited by Shorti62