F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Is any part of this game actually working?

1 minute ago, thatDutchguy83 said:

i had the same expectations as you, but that was 5 to 10 years ago.. like i said nowadays games barely come out complete or as a finished product.. It s a very bad thing dont get me wrong.., but i don't expect a complete game on a day one release anymore. and its definitely not exclusive to this developer alone. I actually know titles that didnt finish at all... or needed patches untill 1.5 years after release (obviously that wont happen here , because a new "F1 21" title is always around the corner). its all about hyped marketing.. the product itself isnt in 1st place anymore, but its needed otherwise you guys dont spent your money on it.

F1 2019 was fine when it launched. You've obviously got history but its different experience for me. I havent encountered any serious bugs other than the Xbox version not having the day 1 patch when the other platforms have. 

Hey guys,

I have the PS4 version and unfortunately it’s broken aswell. Can’t enter financial history in MyTeam for example. Game crashes when I try. And I decided to not continue for now, because I fear that the whole savegame will break after a big patch. 

I experienced a lot of game freeze, game crashes and awefull long loading screens, but most of them only once and on different occasions. You just feel, that stability is an overall issue, at least for me on PS4Pro. 

I do agree, that the developers deserve some credit to bring out a game under those circumstances. But on the other hand, I do absolutely think, that given the fact that people paid extra for some in game stuff ASWELL as the earlier release, that some kind of message from Codemasters would be appropriate. And if there will be a big patch on Friday, I honestly would feel a little screwed over. 

In any event...I hope we all get the awesome experience soon, that I think this game will provide eventually.

• Agree 2

39 minutes ago, thatDutchguy83 said:

No you can see on the official page.. official release date is 10-07-2020.. you are talking about Early access... (which is like the same as "beta") so no updates yet.  

Official release date for Schumacher edition was 07th July!

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, thatDutchguy83 said:

No you can see on the official page.. official release date is 10-07-2020.. you are talking about Early access... (which is like the same as "beta") so no updates yet.  

Early access was version 1.01 - we're on 1.03 now.

Beta version numbers start with 0.

I really have to agree with the sentiment that a lot seems to be broken. I'm always on the fence for defending Codemasters F1 games so I'll probably best blame corona for this mess but it is a mess.

The problem for me with this year's edition is that I've seen so many bugs and performance issues like loading screens and even a crash of the game that I wonder how much time it will take to fix all this.

The idea behind this years edition is so awesome that's it's a real shame it's in this state at launch. Even a launch day patch on Friday would not correct all the wrongs that are in the game right now I suppose

Yeah I've noticed a fair amount of bugs as well on PS4 version so holding off on playing the My Team mode (which is what I got the game for) until the main bugs like tyre disqualifications are addressed. 

It is a shame as what I've played so far I'm really enjoying but at least it's got me playing parts of the game I've skipped before (cough F2 cough) 

People also need to stop using the excuse of 'release date is Friday.' It's not, the release was Tuesday, when they released it to buy on all stores and charged people for it. You don't spend £65 for 'beta access'. This is meant to be the finished game so it's understandable people are annoyed by all the bugs. Especially when a lot of them aren't just cosmetic but game-breaking. 

Sure they're working hard to fix them though so until then its GP mode for me! 

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Rammrain said:

Yeah I've noticed a fair amount of bugs as well on PS4 version so holding off on playing the My Team mode (which is what I got the game for) until the main bugs like tyre disqualifications are addressed. 

It is a shame as what I've played so far I'm really enjoying but at least it's got me playing parts of the game I've skipped before (cough F2 cough) 

People also need to stop using the excuse of 'release date is Friday.' It's not, the release was Tuesday, when they released it to buy on all stores and charged people for it. You don't spend £65 for 'beta access'. This is meant to be the finished game so it's understandable people are annoyed by all the bugs. Especially when a lot of them aren't just cosmetic but game-breaking. 

Sure they're working hard to fix them though so until then its GP mode for me! 

Early access is NOT release date.

• Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, Costa said:

Early access is NOT release date.

How many times....

It was not “early access”, the Schumacher edition was released 07/07. The game should not be this broken

No. The official release date for the Schumacher version (which we're all playing) was 7th July. 

The Early Access version was v1.01. We are now on v1.03 and there's still loads of bugs. 

I don't know why you're defending a largely broken game that people have spent good money on.

• Agree 1

image.png.a5b7b8128f19b7c268066ea69816c796.png

Also the game is barely broken, the only major thing that was not working properly was the Podium Pass which is now working as expected. The rest are minor and isolated incidents.

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Griceym3 said:

Xbox update?!?!? @BarryBL

@Griceym3, please check the Blue announcement. Please refrain from repeatedly tagging me in issues requesting information that is already available.

19 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

How many times....

It was not “early access”, the Schumacher edition was released 07/07. The game should not be this broken

It was and it wasn’t.

While the release date of the Schumacher Edition was always 07/07, one of the advertised benefits of ordering it along with the Schumacher content was “three days early access”.

59 minutes ago, Costa said:

image.png.a5b7b8128f19b7c268066ea69816c796.png

Also the game is barely broken, the only major thing that was not working properly was the Podium Pass which is now working as expected. The rest are minor and isolated incidents.

Not being able to enter TT (at all) is not minor, or isolated. It’s fundamentally, badly, broken!

Don’t suppose anyone has ventured into the F2 part of driver career? Does that work as it should or is it unplayable? Trying to pass the time until I can play my team