F1 2020 |ONLINE SERVICE BACK ONLINE | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Competition | 10,000 Pitcoin Reward - Ending 20/10/2020 | MyTeam Story Time Read more... ×

Is any part of this game actually working?

TT wont load, just stuck on loading screen.

Quick glance at the tech support section and it seems pretty much every other part of the game wont load as well...

All i want is to do a few laps on TT, but seems that’s too much to ask for...

When will we actually be able to play the game we have paid for????

Posted (edited)

If you go offline, you can do Time Trial. You can't be online and enter into it. It's ridiculous. I also get stuck at a never ending loading screen while online. If you're online you have to sign out and restart the game, then you can enter TT. Sadly

While offline

Edited by Mike5500
  • Thanks 1

i have had no problems getting on time trial i have not had to go offline whatsoever i would say i have had the occasional long laoding screen but not one which i'm feel like it won't load up

1 hour ago, Mike5500 said:

If you go offline, you can do Time Trial. You can't be online and enter into it. It's ridiculous. I also get stuck at a never ending loading screen while online. If you're online you have to sign out and restart the game, then you can enter TT. Sadly

While offline

I can get into it, but keeps crashing. At least offline works?

i think improvements will come probably by friday when the game is officially out the release seems to have been very hectic as seeing people have already had it for over a week now. 

It doesn't seem like much works on this game and the online experience has gotten worse if anything. It's a disgrace that an unfinished product has been released, especially having paid extra for early access. Regularly have to quit the same, can't see people's names in ranked lobbies, ranked lobbies still puts you in lobbies on your own even though there are obviously lobbies around, TT doesn't load. Big shame considering the gameplay is very good. 

• Agree 3

Agree, it’s good to drive, but a big pile of mess right now in terms of actually working!

And the game is “officially” out - Schumacher edition was released 07/07. It should work.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, kalamazoo123 said:

And the game is “officially” out - Schumacher edition was released 07/07. It should work.

Agreed 100%. If it ain't ready then don't sell it

• Agree 1

Seems to be a few Big bugs in the game. Dont know igen there will be a new patch already on friday, when there was a day one patch to 1,03 when the game was out yesterday. 

I Also has the game hang up on loading sometimes in tim trial and if you try to replay a session you need to hold down forward button the entire lapp or else it wont play

Are all you guys on PS? There doesn't seem to be any of the issues that Ive seen on the forum on the PC version?

57 minutes ago, F1 Car Setup said:

Are all you guys on PS? There doesn't seem to be any of the issues that Ive seen on the forum on the PC version?

TT is broken on PS4, as well as some minor bugs. 

• Agree 1

Such a shame that the bugs are ruining the experience. I’ve just been running GP’s because my team is broken and online is filled with bugs and the penalty system isn’t any better. Don’t want to put too much time into the game either with the podium pass being down as I’m not even progressing to get a livery. Livery options are so limited that they all look bland. Bugs need fixing urgently, servers need to be working and improvements to the customisation to actually allow for half decent liveries. Of course it’s difficult with the situation when they’re working from home I imagine but the game needs to be fixed sharpish or sales won’t be any good.

• Agree 1

So far I haven’t seen any game breaking bugs (running 1.03 on PS4).

I’ve been exclusively playing MyTeam and have no issues with it so far. The only issues I’ve seen are a few graphical issues (blurry graphics on cars/suits/helmets etc) and the qualifying time bug, which is annoying but not game breaking as, for me, it doesn’t disrupt the general flow of the grid and it doesn’t put cars out of position vs where they normally would be.

What everyone is forgetting is that development of this game won’t have been as smooth as it usually would be, due to a certain virus. We should also be thankful that developers are able to patch games now when bugs are found. During the PS1 and PS2 eras, what was on the disc is what you got, there was no way to update.

I for one am very happy with my experience on F1 2020 so far, so I think the title of this topic is very harsh.

Ohw come on.. calm your ****...  Release day is still 2 days away.. so i guess release day patch will sort out alot (like every year). i never understood why peolpe would want something early access because you get to deal with this kind of ****.

• Haha 1

Release day is not 2 days away! Release day was yesterday. The game is broken. TT doesn’t even load.

• Agree 1

No you can see on the official page.. official release date is 10-07-2020.. you are talking about Early access... (which is like the same as "beta") so no updates yet.  

1 minute ago, thatDutchguy83 said:

No you can see on the official page.. official release date is 10-07-2020.. you are talking about Early access... (which is like the same as "beta") so no updates yet.  

I never experienced major issues with beta 

And I get peoples frustration nearly £70 for Schumacher edition and major issues 

5 minutes ago, thatDutchguy83 said:

Its not the same as beta at all. Its 3 day early access to the full finished game having paid extra. Official release date was the 7th. Microsoft screwed up the day one patch launch for Xbox. 

• Agree 1

then you didnt do alot of gaming i guess.. every vanilla game isnt what it should be nowadays. thats why i never pre-order or pay for something stupid like early access.. everyone knows you get the day one bugs with it for free.. 

8 minutes ago, thatDutchguy83 said:

then you didnt do alot of gaming i guess.. every vanilla game isnt what it should be nowadays. thats why i never pre-order or pay for something stupid like early access.. everyone knows you get the day one bugs with it for free.. 

Still isn't a beta. And I don't think its unreasonable to A) expect a game that works when its released and B) for eveyone to get the same version not 2 versions behind. Basic expectations.

3 minutes ago, magpieracer48 said:

Still isn't a beta. And I don't think its unreasonable to A) expect a game that works when its released and B) for eveyone to get the same version not 2 versions behind. Basic expectations.

i had the same expectations as you, but that was 5 to 10 years ago.. like i said nowadays games barely come out complete or as a finished product.. It s a very bad thing dont get me wrong.., but i don't expect a complete game on a day one release anymore. and its definitely not exclusive to this developer alone. I actually know titles that didnt finish at all... or needed patches untill 1.5 years after release (obviously that wont happen here , because a new "F1 21" title is always around the corner). its all about hyped marketing.. the product itself isnt in 1st place anymore, but its needed otherwise you guys dont spent your money on it.