F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

How Lando Norris used ERS/OT on the final 2 laps. F1 2020 does a better job of simulating this aspect than F1 2019

Posted (edited)

I saw it yesterday and thought the same thing.

Obviously Lando had so much input on it. It doesn't work the same for other teams. And they still adjust different modes too. So a mix of 2020 with aspects of 2019 would be perfect. But I'm ok with 2020 compared to the exploitable ERS of 2019.

I think it's safe to say that McLaren is the most realistic car in the game because of Lando's feedback on ERS and handling.

Edited by sirio994

Meh.......still would prefer to have manual control over the others 3 modes. Apparently in FP you can control the other 3 modes but not in races soooooo yeah :classic_wacko:

• Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, Bhawk67 said:

Meh.......still would prefer to have manual control over the others 3 modes. Apparently in FP you can control the other 3 modes but not in races soooooo yeah :classic_wacko:

Disagree but you are correct. The micro-managing of 2019 was unrealistic and just not what ERS is about. 

In FP you have access to it all, none, medium, Hotlap and OT so you can practice for qualifying (none and Hotlap) and race (medium and OT). Makes sense to have access to all in practice, don't you think?

• Agree 5

1 minute ago, martbloke said:

Disagree but you are correct. The micro-managing of 2019 was unrealistic and just not what ERS is about. 

In FP you have access to it all, none, medium, Hotlap and OT so you can practice for qualifying (none and Hotlap) and race (medium and OT). Makes sense to have access to all in practice, don't you think?

agree it makes sense why its like that i don't use time trial to test setups rather use just a long practice session and work on race strategies or qualifying times which is handy for when it does come to practice and qualifying. 

Posted (edited)

@martbloke @sirio994 I have yet to do my first race on F1 2020. The ERS is always on Medium during the race then? No switching even between None and Medium?

If so, that is great news! I'll remap the current ERS increase/decrease to a open/lock differential. I don't do much fiddling with fuel mix unless but have it mapped for Right Analog left/right. Freeing up the R3 up/down to tweak the diff will be formidable!

Edited by marioho

2 hours ago, marioho said:

@martbloke @sirio994 I have yet to do my first race on F1 2020. The ERS is always on Medium during the race then? No switching even between None and Medium?

If so, that is great news! I'll remap the current ERS increase/decrease to a open/lock differential. I don't do much fiddling with fuel mix unless but have it mapped for Right Analog left/right. Freeing up the R3 up/down to tweak the diff will be formidable!

How to specifically map analog stick directions to use these functions? Is this possible in consoles? 

2 hours ago, marioho said:

Correct it stays in medium for the race and you only have use of OT to get more power. It drains your battery very fast when using OT so you have to use it wisely through the race.

For qualifying you only have access to none and Hotlap; not OT. None is to simulate your cool down lap to replenish your ERS and then you switch to Hotlap for your....well Hotlap 😁

You have access to all ERS modes in practice so you can practice both qualy and race strategies if you wanted to.