Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 | PITCOINS NOW ASSIGNED - ONLINE SERVICES BACK ONLINE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Track limits and penalties

Posted (edited)

1.       I and others feel track limits in this game are very harsh and restric a driver from using a proper racing line. Soon as I dip a wheel on most kerbs it's a warning or instant pen. Also when other drivers hit you then you end up with a pen! Rather frustrating. No error code needed. 
2.       Xbox 1.03
3.       All game modes
4.       Multiple race sessions online and career. 
5.       Not really any troubleshooting I can do for this issue. 
6.       Wheel - fanatec club sport. 
7.       No none atm but if needed I'll happily supply. 

Edited by RSKachow

Which Track, Which Corner?   these are the types of things the devs need to know. A video ( link preferred) would be a handy piece of evidence.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Like 90% of all corners in the game it happens. Soon as u drop a wheel on any kerb while still having wheels on track it's a pen. I'm pretty sure if they take 10 mins to test this on any track they will see it themselves. I'd suggest they test Austria as that's kinda worst track for it. 

Edited by RSKachow

Austria is completely bugged out with track limits!
You just have to watch a real race and if you drive like they do - you'll never find your best time!

0WK0qRu.png

23ByTOg.png

And its not just Austria.

• Agree 1

Did some laps in Austria and while the track limits are really strict i never got a warning without all 4 wheels off. Even if it was like xTiMm_ pictures. Do you have any pictures or videos of getting a penalty while on track? It feels like they are way more strict than 2019, but as long as the rule is at least one tyre on track i feel like its fair to give warning/penalty when going off

Lol I ventured online to an unranked race. Started P2 in Brazil. Broke for the first corner and got obliterated from behind, pushed off the track and I got a collision warning. It's still going to be the same poor penalty system as 2019. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Mike5500 said:

Lol I ventured online to an unranked race. Started P2 in Brazil. Broke for the first corner and got obliterated from behind, pushed off the track and I got a collision warning. It's still going to be the same poor penalty system as 2019. 

It is a 'no fault' system. You are involved in a crashed you get penalized. Impossible for an automated system to assign blame.

Also about strict track limits: white line to white line.

• Disagree 2

F1 2019 had a system in place where if u was hit and it wasn't ur fault u wasn't given a pen so dunno why this game doesn't have it too. And as for "white line to white line" nahh mate this is pathetic track limits as u can clearly see from my pics provided. Am an experienced league/sim racer I know what track limits are and this is just disgusting from codies. The game is amazing this is the only short fall it has. 

Screenshot_20200708-011708.jpg

Screenshot_20200708-011601.jpg

Screenshot_20200708-011419.jpg

• Agree 2

Thanks for providing screenshots so the devs can look into it.

• Agree 1

Spa exit of turn 11 and the exit of turn 15 (stavelot) I feel like you're supposed to go wide on exit and ride the green part a lot, which the game is extremely harsh on. Turn 15 especially. As you can see from footage of Leclerc's pole lap in Spa 2019, these track extensions are normal in real life, I don't think they should be punished in game. First image is exit of T11, second is exit between T15 and T16.   

image.png

image.png

The Penaltys you are talking about are with Corner Cutting strict or regular? 

When you drive regular (i don't know the real name out of the head) then this should not happen. If you are on strict, this is by game Design.

9 minutes ago, mav744 said:

When you drive regular (i don't know the real name out of the head) then this should not happen. If you are on strict, this is by game Design.

Regular corner cutting is a joke and lets you cut entire chicanes with no penalty. There needs to be a middle ground.

9 minutes ago, mav744 said:

Regular is correct.

Strict is strict and follows the rules to the letter. I suggest that anyone complaining check the F1 2020 sporting regulations in relation to track limits.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, CarloLewis said:

Regular is correct.

Strict is strict and follows the rules to the letter. I suggest that anyone complaining check the F1 2020 sporting regulations in relation to track limits.

Did you not see the images I posted? Did you not watch Austria last weekend? In real life each F1 driver would get their quali laps invalidated if it was as strict as the game

I hear you but I was in TT at Austria and I was flagged for track limits several times between T9 and T10 also the exit kerbs at T10 that I thought were unwarranted. There's no option in TT, strict track limits are used. But you can ride the kerb between T6 and T7 to the same extent and not be flagged.

1 minute ago, TactXO said:

Did you not see the images I posted? Did you not watch Austria last weekend? In real life each F1 driver would get their quali laps invalidated if it was as strict as the game

It's a bit open to interpretation. There's no way the game will be right if the Stewards don't follow the regulations. Because, clearly they are using judgement to let things go.

Just opens a can of worms. Rules is rules, guv. 

If the game was relaxed on strict, what next? Relax strict at other tracks? When someone butchers a corner and does eventually get flagged they will cry foul. If there is a line to be drawn anywhere the white line seems as good as any (arbitrary one).

Just now, steviejay69 said:

It's a bit open to interpretation. There's no way the game will be right if the Stewards don't follow the regulations. Because, clearly they are using judgement to let things go.

Just opens a can of worms. Rules is rules, guv. 

If the game was relaxed on strict, what next? Relax strict at other tracks? When someone butchers a corner and does eventually get flagged they will cry foul. If there is a line to be drawn anywhere the white line seems as good as any (arbitrary one).

There are of course necessary updates like Silverstone's Stowe exit where you can no longer go insanely wide like last year. And I agree that Time Trial limits should be followed to the T. But after doing a practice 50% race with a friend who is one of the best league racers I know, and both of us having 9-12 seconds of penalties at the end, means that it might be too harsh, at least in those Spa corners I was talking about. Again, I can accept it being super unforgiving in Time Trial or even in Quali, but I feel like in 2019 track limits were a bit more lenient during the race compared to TT and I hope it's the same again this year. 

8 hours ago, Mike5500 said:

I was getting punted left right and centre last night. Seems slamming their brakes on mid corner is this years trend 

The idea of strict was to not to be realistic as far as I understand, which is why using real life examples won't help. If you want to be able to go outside of the track with racing speeds, Regular is the option for you 🙂 

8 minutes ago, UP100 said:

The idea of strict was to not to be realistic as far as I understand, which is why using real life examples won't help. If you want to be able to go outside of the track with racing speeds, Regular is the option for you 🙂 

Like I said earlier, Regular lets you cut entire chicanes and corners with not so much as a warning. There needs to be a middle ground, because currently there are two track limits settings and neither of them are realistic.

1 minute ago, TactXO said:

Like I said earlier, Regular lets you cut entire chicanes and corners with not so much as a warning. There needs to be a middle ground, because currently there are two track limits settings and neither of them are realistic.

Then give us information on what corners you can cut on Regular 🙂 

The issue is that you need to have all four wheels over the white line. Here we are getting penalised for far less. Official rules should be followed. I think that's the whole point.

2 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Then give us information on what corners you can cut on Regular 🙂 

95% of them. Watch any NotTheGP or Virtual GP from this year. It's a meme