Sign in to follow this  

The Future at Codemasters

I would personally LOVE an IndyCar game. Toca 4 would be amazing along with a stand alone V8 supercars game or an Le Man Series Game

and22rew said:
I would personally LOVE an IndyCar game. Toca 4 would be amazing along with a stand alone V8 supercars game or an Le Man Series Game
I'd love an Indycar game too but I doubt we'll see that from CM given they do have F1 at their disposal

Well I would love to see Codies do a full blown Rally sim, BTCC sim and just for a mad laugh and a bit of fun Truck&Bus banger racer ;-) lol

dreigo42 said:
I'd like to see a Formula 1 racing simulator.
I think the current F1 series is already pretty good but I would like to see a "pro" mode where control of the car is never out of your control. You have to hit your marks on pit stops, be sure not to speed, etc. As well as making the practice sessions more meaningful. Right now you have a single "R&D Objective" on a few weekends each year. But as we know, Any time on track is invaluable to the real teams. Perhaps make the tire wear less the more you run on each type as the team learns more about the tires. But above all, the Holy Grail of new features would be the ability to create your own team. Design your car or hire the appropriate personnel to do it for you. Then you can either drive for your own team or contract your own 2 drivers.
I would agree, but I would prefer to see them spend the time to get the glitches out of the F1 games that they already develop.

This is what it's all about:

""On 9 June 2013, Reliance Big Entertainment has increased its stake in Codemasters from 50% to 60.41%, making Reliance the majority owner"

(CUT)
Boy oh boy . . I can't wait to see what appears here . . .
I had to check out a bit on that..
It's actually not something new at all:
"On 5 April 2010, Reliance Big Entertainment, an Indian company acquired a 50% stake in the company.[13] "

A company rich enough to own 50% of DreamWorks (Speilberg) can only be interested in Codemasters for two reasons:
1. real interest in making fantastic games
2. Suck as much munneeh out as possible

I think I know what they have been doing since 2010.. :/
I begin (slowly) to understand why Codemasters never tell much.

Good luck anyway guys - spend more bug killer time for your games and you'll fly on :)

Codies new IP racer is going to be Tuk Tuk GP lol Get ready to too burn rubber in your 3 wheeled dream machine. Fully mod out your tuk tuk and race through the streets of India and try not to hit anything as you go. LMAO When thinking about it this would make for a crazy game lol

laz1973 said:
Codies new IP racer is going to be Tuk Tuk GP lol Get ready to too burn rubber in your 3 wheeled dream machine. Fully mod out your tuk tuk and race through the streets of India and try not to hit anything as you go. LMAO When thinking about it this would make for a crazy game lol
Tuk Tuk Racing would be amazing.

laz1973 said:
LMAO Tuk Tuk racing is on the apple store lol iStore
Wow. I think that makes it official; there are no more new things to do. From here on out we just go in circles!

The dragon sim is appealing, but I'd really just like a flamethrower - for the forums.

Or GRID(1) Legends.

Frank

SynGamer said:
IcemanFan7 said:
Something that hasn't been said yet here in this thread...NASCAR. It would be a huge undertaking for something entirely new...43 cars, more than 20 tracks, etc., but I think Codies could pull it off. The Eutechnyx games for the most part are rubbish, and I think CM could do great at it. Just don't let it take anything out or F1. ;)
*cough* nods head *cough*.

Personally, I would like to see a new developer take a chance with the NASCAR license. The unfortunate thing about Eutechnyx is they are obviously based in the UK, and NASCAR fans used that to rip them a new one anytime a bug or glitch was found.

That's not to say the games weren't rubbish...they were, but I feel fans of the sport would view Codemasters in the same light, which is unfortunate.

In fairness, the original welcome on their forums was very positive, many of us were strongly supporting them, trying to make sure they did what NASCAR fans wanted. Everything was great, until the game released. It was a steaming pile. Glitches like no other. Many people raged from the start, yet many of us also stuck it out and tried to help them find and fix all the bugs. I was the first to find a glitch they had in their wheel programming that caused the wheels to start grinding and breaking some wheels.

The problem really got bad, when the first patch took ages to release, and did almost nothing and then the "Free DLC" they promised for people sticking it out, became not free anymore on Xbox 360, that's when everything took a nose dive for the worse. So it's not like they were killed from the start for being from the UK, though that did get used against them later as a reason for their failures. Though I don't believe that has anything to do with it.

I'm looking forward to the Autosport game but of course I would like to see the next Grid for the New generation.  But I think everyone is going to ask for it after Autosport :)

It excites me to think about Dirt 4 on PS4.. Not sure on what platforms it will be.

What I would like to see from Codemasters are multiple things, here some ideas:

- Bike focused Racing game (from MotoGP to Motocross)

- Micro machines comeback (just like the Classic on PS1 but with more Players, allow On/Offline Multiplayer )
Make it DL only if it doesn't make sense otherwise!

- Demolition Derby type of game (What you tried with Dirt:Showdown but more like  the Classic Destruction Derby games from Psygnosis. Everyone loved them back in the days!

Even Destruction Derby Arenas on PS2 offered some cool content!

Put in normal races + the most ridiculous game modes(Last man standing while racing type of mode),

tracks with sharp 90 degree curves, crazy jumps or even loopings, wide variety of cars from small like beetles to big like Monster Trucks  or just generally over the top like a Formula car (No licensed cars but instead the best possible damage
physics (Bugbear/ BeamNG style).

Give the player as much freedom as possible for the Race settings. Amount of cars/players (make a minimum of 5 cars for example) Every type of car belongs to a certain category, the player can chose to mix up the cars whitin the categories, Hardcore mode with forced cockpit view (fantasy cockpit, lol) and so on...

The engine should be able to pull off spectacular smoke/explosion effects.

All these things should be possible with the New Generation of Hardware (Especially PS4/PC).

Lets be honest: We all know that there will be lots of normal racing games for this gen but my last suggestion is exactly the type of game I miss.

You would be the perfect Dev for this kind of game if you ask me :)

My son recently got an Xbox for his birthday, so when browsing for games i spotted LMA Manager 2007 and purchased it straight away. I used to play this a lot on the PS2 until about 5 years ago. Only stopped playing as it was not available on the PS3.

Well I'm hooked again, its a brilliant game, so i would like codemasters to bring out an updated version, :-).

well well well.. it seemes like Codemasters' CEO ( Red Cousens) found out that it all goes digital already in 2012 - about 15-20 years later than most of us who also works/have been working with IT.

Maybe it's this "dinosour" that's keeping all the good programmers etc. in (too) tight lines (read = budgets) ?
Just a thought... (so help me God and sorry for any bad words to anyone I've grumbled at @Codemasters )  :-\"

http://vimeo.com/52926160

I know Codemasters is leaning towards racing games now, but I really really miss their mil-sims like flashpoint. Arma is just awkwardly complicated and doesn't find that right balance, it would be cool if Codemasters could put some work into a new OF game