Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

The Future at Codemasters

Recommended Posts

Hi all, just thought I would start this thread to ask, what would you like to see Codemasters bring out in the future ?. This could be anything from the Mororsport world, maybe a new FPS or just a revamped old classic. Not saying Codemasters will bring any of them out just want to see what others would love to see as a next gen game release. THANKS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToCA 4. Been waiting for years. I wouldn't mind seeing another attempt at a FPS. The OF games just needed a bit more refinement, character, and polish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I would love to see what else CM has on the drawing boards. When's the next GameJam?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToCA 4. Without a doubt. ToCA 3 was probably my favourite game. I spent so many hours playing it, it was just brilliant. I feel GRID 2 was just too arcade, it needed to go back to pure racing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'd like to see a Formula 1 racing simulator.
I think the current F1 series is already pretty good but I would like to see a "pro" mode where control of the car is never out of your control. You have to hit your marks on pit stops, be sure not to speed, etc. As well as making the practice sessions more meaningful. Right now you have a single "R&D Objective" on a few weekends each year. But as we know, Any time on track is invaluable to the real teams. Perhaps make the tire wear less the more you run on each type as the team learns more about the tires. But above all, the Holy Grail of new features would be the ability to create your own team. Design your car or hire the appropriate personnel to do it for you. Then you can either drive for your own team or contract your own 2 drivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looking forward to the new toca game Hopefully it's not like powerdrift like grid 2    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I wish a Drift game with a mixed handling from DiRT 3 and GRID 1. It includes Gymkhana (with an parcour generator and editor), Drift Challenges and various fun modes (like Outbreak and Transporter from DiRT 3, Sumo from DiRT Showdown, maybe Demolition Derby and so on ... all what needs car control). And forget things like the trick assist.
(I would like to be the Game Designer, because CM doesn't know what the important things are. It's sad to see, when a good concept is beeing destroyed (look to DiRT Showdown).)

For the F1 series they should go more to simulation handling, make it possible to drive every meter of every session and to complete the moments out of the car (like the presentation ceremony).
In F1 2013 they began to integrate historic F1. Much more important would be the seasons of the previous years, so you can play a real career.

Many of us are waiting for DiRT 4. The motto: back to the roots. Less arcade handling and long stages.
Maybe they can get someday the official WRC licence. CM is not my prefered choice for this, but Milestone is much more worst.

They made no longer an open world game (the last one was FUEL). At the moment there is no game in the sub genre of "Underground" ... ;)

General:
» Bring
(at least for PC) back the text chat (voice chat is no substitute and should be possible to disable), but not as minimalized version (it's important to see the chat-history, to chat furthermore during loading screen and so on).
» More
thoughtful and ergonomic menus.
» More detailed multiplayer mode (own room names, all settings visible without to join, search filter (storable), select car before start, ... community groups (let players manage who can play with "us"))
» Single Player career in fictive games should be more real (seasons and so on) and not just a
concatenation of events.
» cockpit views must be standard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I hope that Codemasters make in future more motorsport and sport games. Thats because Codemasters are best in that! I hope that codies make more simulation games like F1 because challenge is good.

FPS gendre is too overproducted that if you don't have something new and revolutionary I advice that don't do it. If you decide made FPS game, there is place for realistic FPS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cylinder said:
I hope that Codemasters make in future more motorsport and sport games. Thats because Codemasters are best in that! I hope that codies make more simulation games like F1 because challenge is good.

FPS gendre is too overproducted that if you don't have something new and revolutionary I advice that don't do it. If you decide made FPS game, there is place for realistic FPS.
We're firmly focused on our racing titles at the moment, no current plans for an FPS. Thanks for the kind words :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dreigo42 said:
I'd like to see a Formula 1 racing simulator.
I think the current F1 series is already pretty good but I would like to see a "pro" mode where control of the car is never out of your control. You have to hit your marks on pit stops, be sure not to speed, etc. 
This is a brilliant idea and it's certainly something I'd like to see- but improved simulation mechanics would also be great. Though with the big overhaul of the F1 rules in 2014 I'm not sure the team has that much time to add new features.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Codemasters to me have got some pretty big issues going forwards. But there are opportunities as well.

First I think the F1 games despite the critics have been pretty good. The problem is for F1 coming out every year and giving people a reason to buy that game year on year. I think the classics editions were good, but more of it is needed.

 The classics F1 should split off and offer more cars and vintage circuits. Real vintage stuff like from the 60's and 50s and more circuits.

The PS4 (IMHO) is a massive opportunity at the moment. There is no decent racing game available on the PS4. Whoever gets there first is going to clean up, even if the graphics are only up to Dirt3 standard (which is pretty good).
There are loads of possibilities in rally and rally cross without the WRC licence. Codies need to get a move on, stop sleeping and drink expresso so you can work 24/7 and get something out before Xmas.

Finally, I want a helicopter view on Dirt and F14. Like you are following the car from a chopper maybe 50 metres behind. F1 is a purest sport, People want to check that they are taking exactly the right line through the corners and where they are going wrong. We also need telemetry on the F1 stuff.

That is all I can (rather incoherently) write now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This is what it's all about:

""On 9 June 2013, Reliance Big Entertainment has increased its stake in Codemasters from 50% to 60.41%, making Reliance the majority owner"

The organ grinder is now totally different than when the brothers picked up their CBE's for services to Computer Gaming so the name might be Codemasters, but the company now has nothing in common with the one which brought us Grid 1.

We got shafted, plain and simple . . . promises of a Grid and Dirt in alternate years, lies . . Grid 2 ? . . well, I think everything needing saying about that pile of beta crap with half of the game missing has been said . . .

Boy oh boy . . I can't wait to see what appears here . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Something that hasn't been said yet here in this thread...NASCAR. It would be a huge undertaking for something entirely new...43 cars, more than 20 tracks, etc., but I think Codies could pull it off. The Eutechnyx games for the most part are rubbish, and I think CM could do great at it. Just don't let it take anything out or F1. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Loore said:
Cylinder said:
I hope that Codemasters make in future more motorsport and sport games. Thats because Codemasters are best in that! I hope that codies make more simulation games like F1 because challenge is good.

FPS gendre is too overproducted that if you don't have something new and revolutionary I advice that don't do it. If you decide made FPS game, there is place for realistic FPS.
We're firmly focused on our racing titles at the moment, no current plans for an FPS. Thanks for the kind words :)
So which racing titles would they be ?

BTW . . the title of this thread is a bit misleading ! . . .shouldn't it be; The future at Mumbai Codemasters ? . .lol
Come now Cap, you know we can't just spill the beans like that. All our teams are very much hard at work :)

Besides, who owns the company is irrelevant for forum purposes, we're still making games and I'm 100% confident that our next batch are firmly in the "what you want" basket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Something that hasn't been said yet here in this thread...NASCAR. It would be a huge undertaking for something entirely new...43 cars, more than 20 tracks, etc., but I think Codies could pull it off. The Eutechnyx games for the most part are rubbish, and I think CM could do great at it. Just don't let it take anything out or F1. ;)
*cough* nods head *cough*.

Personally, I would like to see a new developer take a chance with the NASCAR license. The unfortunate thing about Eutechnyx is they are obviously based in the UK, and NASCAR fans used that to rip them a new one anytime a bug or glitch was found.

That's not to say the games weren't rubbish...they were, but I feel fans of the sport would view Codemasters in the same light, which is unfortunate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Loore said:
Loore said:
Cylinder said:
I hope that Codemasters make in future more motorsport and sport games. Thats because Codemasters are best in that! I hope that codies make more simulation games like F1 because challenge is good.

FPS gendre is too overproducted that if you don't have something new and revolutionary I advice that don't do it. If you decide made FPS game, there is place for realistic FPS.
We're firmly focused on our racing titles at the moment, no current plans for an FPS. Thanks for the kind words :)
So which racing titles would they be ?

BTW . . the title of this thread is a bit misleading ! . . .shouldn't it be; The future at Mumbai Codemasters ? . .lol
Come now Cap, you know we can't just spill the beans like that. All our teams are very much hard at work :)

Besides, who owns the company is irrelevant for forum purposes, we're still making games and I'm 100% confident that our next batch are firmly in the "what you want" basket.
Or would that be in the, "What we think you would want basket" ? . . y'know, the one Grid 2 was in . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SynGamer said:
Something that hasn't been said yet here in this thread...NASCAR. It would be a huge undertaking for something entirely new...43 cars, more than 20 tracks, etc., but I think Codies could pull it off. The Eutechnyx games for the most part are rubbish, and I think CM could do great at it. Just don't let it take anything out or F1. ;)
*cough* nods head *cough*.

Personally, I would like to see a new developer take a chance with the NASCAR license. The unfortunate thing about Eutechnyx is they are obviously based in the UK, and NASCAR fans used that to rip them a new one anytime a bug or glitch was found.

That's not to say the games weren't rubbish...they were, but I feel fans of the sport would view Codemasters in the same light, which is unfortunate.
you're probably right given what happened with F1 2013 NASCar would probably be best served being done by a US company given it is a US sport whereas F1 is worldwide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×