Turn off MFD header?

@BarryBL On the official Twitter account we’re being told to ask questions on the forum. However I can’t seem to get an answer here either. Is it such a difficult question, or am I asking the wrong person? I’m not trying to be difficult here, I just have a question about the game I just bought. 

Yeah I can't find it either, it was a really useful feature in every previous game. It was in the Beta also

(On Xbox)

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 1

@BarryBL

Twitter directs questions to the forum. 
My question on the forum get no response. 
Answers are nowhere else to be found. 
Great customer service, my friend. 
Thank you for the virtual middle finger.

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

@BarryBL

@StanleyGoodspeed, no offence, but I'm pretty busy atm. I'm trying to get to everyone I can, but there literally isnt enough time in the day at the moment. I need to sleep at some point. Also, if you note the systems TA, its pretty much up to date. Let me get on the game and check, but isn't it located in the OSD customisation options.

Also, sidenote, this is in the F1 Chat. Have a problem? Report a bug. Add a suggestion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/7/2020 at 8:35 PM, StanleyGoodspeed said:

@BarryBL is turning off the MFD header option removed, or relocated? I had it turned off in 2019, but I can’t seem to find the same option in 2020.

My game is in Brazilian Portuguese, so I'm not sure if the "header" you say is that top part where it shows the buttons to be pressed in order to show MFD and radio commands, right? 

You must disable the whole panel inside OSD customisation. I was also a bit lost, because it's different from 2019.

@BarryBL, since you're here, I would like to please ask if you could check if we will be able again, just like 2019, to save different OSD settings for Career Mode/My Team and multiplayer sessions.

Now we are only able to personalize OSD customization DURING a race, already driving, so this became even more important. We can't even change that before actually racing.

A lot of people like to completely disable screen elements in their offline to increase immersion, but still have some of them in multiplayer. 2019 had this individual settings possibility.

Thanks.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, viniciusrsouza said:

My game is in Brazilian Portuguese, so I'm not sure if the "header" you say is that top part where it shows the buttons to be pressed in order to show MFD and radio commands, right? 

You must disable the whole panel inside OSD customisation. I was also a bit lost, because it's different from 2019.

@BarryBL, since you're here, I would like to please ask if you could check if we will be able again, just like 2019, to save different OSD settings for Career Mode/My Team and multiplayer sessions.

Now we are only able to personalize OSD customization DURING a race, already driving, so this became even more important. We can't even change that before actually racing.

A lot of people like to completely disable screen elements in their offline to increase immersion, but still have some of them in multiplayer. 2019 had this individual settings possibility.

Thanks.

Automatically, my guess is not.

But you can do this manually by simple copy/paste the XML file in \Documents\My Games\F1 2020\OSD Custom. (some like this)

You can customize for your offline gameplay and then save the file, to a folder named career. So, make this for other game mode and save to folders.

When you play online, just copy&paste the file to F1 folder in documents.

Edited by EduCalza
Spelling, sorry my english
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, EduCalza said:

Automatically, my guess is not.

But you can do this manually by simple copy/paste the XML file in \Documents\My Games\F1 2020\OSD Custom. (some like this)

You can customize for your offline gameplay and then save the file, to a folder named career. So, make this for other game mode and save to folders.

When you play online, just copy&paste the file to F1 folder in documents.

Sorry, Xbox here.

Somehow, in F1 2019 it remembers your preferences separately, but it has the old OSD settings from previous editions.

Different from PC version, 2019 didn't offer this personal customizations that 2020 brought to consoles. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, viniciusrsouza said:

Sorry, Xbox here.

Somehow, in F1 2019 it remembers your preferences separately, but it has the old OSD settings from previous editions.

Different from PC version, 2019 didn't offer this personal customizations that 2020 brought to consoles. 

wow, Sorry man. 

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

@StanleyGoodspeed, no offence, but I'm pretty busy atm. I'm trying to get to everyone I can, but there literally isnt enough time in the day at the moment. I need to sleep at some point. Also, if you note the systems TA, its pretty much up to date. Let me get on the game and check, but isn't it located in the OSD customisation options.

Also, sidenote, this is in the F1 Chat. Have a problem? Report a bug. Add a suggestion.

Like I said, I’m not trying to be difficult here, but it’s confusing for someone that has a legit question, and not knowing your workload. Anyway, thanks, I’ll try to find it in the OSD customization menu. Good luck these coming weeks then!

3 hours ago, viniciusrsouza said:

@BarryBL

I was looking to disable the top part indeed, not the whole panel, but thanks anyway, I’ll check it out. 

8 minutes ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

Like I said, I’m not trying to be difficult here, but it’s confusing for someone that has a legit question, and not knowing your workload. Anyway, thanks, I’ll try to find it in the OSD customization menu. Good luck these coming weeks then!

I was looking to disable the top part indeed, not the whole panel, but thanks anyway, I’ll check it out. 

That's exact it! 

You must go to customization panel and opt to hide it completely. At first we think we will disable it at all, but you can still see it when using the directional buttons to navigate it's menu. 

11 hours ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

@BarryBL

Holy fudge, when using an instant cooker you also expect the stuff to be finished instant and don't give it 5 minutes to cook evenly.🙄

By going into the OSD Customisation and turning off the panel, it gets rid of the mfd header but also the rpm gauge also, so that's no good.

We need the option back to disable MFD Header Only, it was in 2019 and also in the beta

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, TomAAA said:

By going into the OSD Customisation and turning off the panel, it gets rid of the mfd header but also the rpm gauge also, so that's no good.

We need the option back to disable MFD Header Only, it was in 2019 and also in the beta

It was in the beta but it was bugged. The MFD header was being controlled by the On Screen Display setting, not the MFD header one.

I logged a report and it was tagged as resolved in a future iteration. Guess that meant just removing the option all together.

• Haha 1

@BarryBL Any info when this option will be added back in, its highly useful, still not in latest patch

Edited by TomAAA
  • Agree 1