F1 2020 | 1.07 PATCH NOTES & ONLINE SERVICES DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Downshifting change

Anybody else not enjoying the slower downshifting feature. Sometimes if you try to go down 2 gears at a time it will only go down 1 and totally screw your braking up. Not a fan

• Disagree 5

Posted (edited)

Downshifting is different. Personally I'm ok with the current downshifts, I'm having more problems with the the reduced engine brake in coasting situations. But I guess it's the price to pay to have that extra rotation downshift out of the game...

Edited by sirio994

It has been improved, it's been improved to make it more realistic and stop people spamming down the gears. You can't go 8th to 3rd in a split second while traveling at 200mph

• Agree 9

1 minute ago, P3P70™ | 1969 - [NL] said:

I hate the new downshift you can't control it by yourself sometimes i wanna go to the first gear from 5th and always stuck on the 2nd. I hope this will be improved.

I hope we never see the unrealistic downshift and 1st gear usage that was present in the 2019 game. It was ridiculous for that "extra rotation".

• Agree 7

14 hours ago, UNiTY Ryan said:

Its by design, your lucky where its atm, was even slower on beta

It was not. was always a max of 10% over 13000 rpm. Been for months.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, CarloLewis said:

It has been improved, it's been improved to make it more realistic and stop people spamming down the gears. You can't go 8th to 3rd in a split second while traveling at 200mph

When i use downshift i also brake so the speed is never about the 200mph, and if so than you blow your engine but thats not possible in this arcade sim.

Edited by P3P70™ | 1969 - [NL]
  • Disagree 1

11 hours ago, sirio994 said:

Downshifting is different. Personally I'm ok with the current downshifts, I'm having more problems with the the reduced engine brake in coasting situations. But I guess it's the price to pay to have that extra rotation downshift out of the game...

is even less irl, but you guys are clearly not ready for it yet. will get there with time 😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, David Greco CM said:

is even less irl, but you guys are clearly not ready for it yet. will get there with time 😄

It's not hard to adjust to it. At the end of the day we come from years of muscle memory and judging entry speeds differently. It is crazy to think but we drive more "the same car" than real drivers. We definitely have more laps of bad/old habits when it's time to adjust...

• Like 2

I love the new downshifting. Going into the gravel on almost every slow corner, but it's just a matter of time until I get the old way of downshifting out of my system. There was always a big difference when I started up Project Cars or GT sport after playing F1 games, because they would not let me downshift that fast. Not anymore now.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Mike5500 said:

Anybody else not enjoying the slower downshifting feature. Sometimes if you try to go down 2 gears at a time it will only go down 1 and totally screw your braking up. Not a fan

I also want my car to fly over the track but I guess that's impossible

7 minutes ago, locdoc said:

I also want my car to fly over the track but I guess that's impossible

Yes not being able to downshift 2 gears at a time is the equivalent of me wishing my car would fly over the track so I don't have to drive it. You people are so sensitive when an opposing opinion is given. Go troll elsewhere bud. 

12 minutes ago, locdoc said:

I think they are both as unrealistic

Downshifting 2 gears at a time... An F1 car that can hover over a track and fly through the course... yes they are equally unrealistic lol. 

1 hour ago, Mike5500 said:

Yes not being able to downshift 2 gears at a time is the equivalent of me wishing my car would fly over the track so I don't have to drive it. You people are so sensitive when an opposing opinion is given. Go troll elsewhere bud. 

Just get used to it. It is better, much more realistic, gets rid of the rotation ****. 

18 hours ago, UNiTY Ryan said:

Its by design, your lucky where its atm, was even slower on beta

Hmm. I thought it was me mastering slow and steady art of downshifting, but I see now it’s not the case. 😬 I liked what was on beta, more error punishing. 

I’m quite a fan of corner entry this year. Flying towards the first chicane at Monza picking that braking point and downshifting correctly is really satisfying