Forum Championship League | BELGIAN GP 22/01/2021 Read more... ×

My Team car parts customisation options.

From what I experience so far customization of my team car is very bland, looks like you can only change some basic paint on the multiplayer car. Is there going to be an option for different chaises, halo options with winglets on top, and different materials like Ferraris carbon, or dual material like Merc have, silver on top black inside? Will there be an option to use the new trending slim noses like in real life, similar to Merc, Reno or Redbull. Are we gonna use the same basic shape of the multiplayer car for 10 seasons or we will be able to upgrade the parts visually? The basic car is so simple and boring, with no interesting design compared to the original teams. My team looks great on paper but the execution is extremely basic. I think this mode will get old very fast if those options are not introduced with an update. I was expecting you will have the option to create the silhouette of the car from the beginning using the multiplayer car is a lazy approach. I really really hope we will be able to change the geometry of the car not only the color scheme.

Edited by BiohazardBGR
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

I want to know additionally are we going to be able to change the Number shape and color because my nose is black and the font colors are black or some of the sponsor colors don't match. Can we have a livery editor like in most of the race games where you can customize the shape of the livery? Can we change the color and the shape of the halo for example?

I mean, you already know the answers to this. Its been discussed before extensively. The car has been designed as is and will remain as is for the whole career, as us the case for all the other cars. 

• Agree 1

Look on the bright side - There’s just 363 days to go until the next one comes out 😉

On 7/8/2020 at 1:31 AM, BiohazardBGR said:

From what I experience so far customization of my team car is very bland, looks like you can only change some basic paint on the multiplayer car. Is there going to be an option for different chaises, halo options with winglets on top, and different materials like Ferraris carbon, or dual material like Merc have, silver on top black inside? Will there be an option to use the new trending slim noses like in real life, similar to Merc, Reno or Redbull. Are we gonna use the same basic shape of the multiplayer car for 10 seasons or we will be able to upgrade the parts visually? The basic car is so simple and boring, with no interesting design compared to the original teams. My team looks great on paper but the execution is extremely basic. I think this mode will get old very fast if those options are not introduced with an update. I was expecting you will have the option to create the silhouette of the car from the beginning using the multiplayer car is a lazy approach. I really really hope we will be able to change the geometry of the car not only the color scheme.

An answer to your question the FIA have a specific model. Although as the new regulations come into force in 2022 they (the teams) have to choose from set design's I think? If that's the case it might open up wing and winglet alterations in future it's hard to say right now.  

1 hour ago, Chromatic said:

An answer to your question the FIA have a specific model. Although as the new regulations come into force in 2022 they (the teams) have to choose from set design's I think? If that's the case it might open up wing and winglet alterations in future it's hard to say right now.  

I understand that but the teams in real life invent those parts noses and winglets etcetera, the player should be able to have some similarities to real-life options like the sponsor because the car looks very basic. The other thing is we need a livery editor for the car, pilot helmet, and race suits like in MotoGP series, Gosport, and NFS.

I was going through the customisation last night and I’ve set my heart on the United livery for career which is quite late to unlock in the pass. I noticed that the sponsors sit horribly on it though which has just made me not want to grind for it now because of how basic and weird it looks. I’d be happy with just a little bit of adjustment to make it sit better with different liveries.

Codies could even go through the liveries themselves and make the changes so they sit better on the car, it just looks like they’ve designed a bunch of liveries and not even bothered to see where the sponsors sit, helmets and suits have the same issue too