Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Gearbox Wear in MyTeam Master Thread

Seems like the gearbox glitch carried over yet again into F1 2020 after it was brought up at the start of F1 2019.

Gearbox wear is severely heavy. Only did 1 race so far (Australia), and my event gearbox is already at 75% wear. (And they expect it to last 6 races?)

Race settings is 50% length, Full practice/Qualification. Manual shifting is used.

General Durability - Gearbox is in process of being completed via R&D, and I have 2 Ultimate General Maintenance and 1 Minor General Maintenance.

I get I don't have completely spot on perfect shifts, 100% of the time, but its a bit ridiculous to have to swap out my gearbox only after 1 race...

Edit: This is during My Team Career Mode. Haven't tested it anywhere else, but I'm going to assume it happens in normal career mode as well. Flashbacks were also enabled, and 1 was used during the race. Not sure if that has any affect on it or not either.

• Like 1

Please follow the bug reporting template 🙂 

Are you running with automatic gears by a chance?

1. After 1 race, Event Gearbox usage is at 75%. No error codes present since this is an in-game issue. Using MANUAL Shifting.

2. 1.03

3. My-Team Career Mode - 50% Length - Full practice/Qualy - Flashback on

4. Ran a few races and the gearbox wear is about the same throughout different tracks. The only replication I could say to do is go out there and try it yourself.

5. Can't really think of any troubleshooting. Working on durability upgrades, and focusing on shifts more then racing but doesn't seem to improve it much if at all.

6. Logitech G29

7. N/A

Are u using 16 / 10 races a season ? Encountered the same bug (48% after Australia,using 16 races) and someone told me that could be because of that

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, MMojo1 said:

Are u using 16 / 10 races a season ? Encountered the same bug (48% after Australia,using 16 races) and someone told me that could be because of that

I'm using the full calendar season. Like I said, I'm not perfect on shifting. But not being pin-point perfect on every shift shouldnt cause me to have to switch a gearbox every race 😕

Edited by XioGShep

I don't know if I have the same, but its going very fast for me as well. I have around 20% wear after one race with 25% Length... had to replace my gearbox in MyTeam after 3 races.

15 minutes ago, JustRick said:

I don't know if I have the same, but its going very fast for me as well. I have around 20% wear after one race with 25% Length... had to replace my gearbox in MyTeam after 3 races.

20% after one race (if its my team) would be relatively normal. New team, with little to no reliability upgrade, 20% sounds about right. Cause that would cause a gearbox change after about 4 races. More normal then my 75% after one race. Lol

Posted (edited)

I had a DNF in Bahrain, with F2 car (25% race) after lap 6, gearbox broken, it needs to be patched urgently, because this bug makes my career unplayable at the moment.

Edited by BiberMike

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Played 2 100% races in My Team mode and gearbox is already at 80%
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

3.       Game-mode? 

My Team Career Mode
4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

N/A
5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

NIL
6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Thrusmaster Tx Leather (This has no relevance)
7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

image.thumb.png.326e66c562c915752895f0867c05b499.png

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Done a bit more testing myself, and it appears to be the Flashback that causes the issue.

Went through some practicing and qualification without using any flashbacks, and the wear on all parts appears to be completely normal, and expected. (14 laps - 3% wear, which puts me at about 350 total laps expected, which is roughly 5-6 races). I'll be doing the race later, and will make all attempts not to use a flashback during it, to see if this is the underlying root of the issue or not.

If anyone else could, please do some testing with and without flashback being used, and see if that makes a difference for you.

For those also experiencing heavy wear on gearbox and other parts, please report if you are using flashbacks during the race or not.

Edited by XioGShep

12 hours ago, JustRick said:

9 hours ago, KripsusRektus said:

I also had 65% wear after first race.

50%races full quali and practise. 22 race season.

7 hours ago, BiberMike said:

I had a DNF in Bahrain, with F2 car (25% race) after lap 6, gearbox broken, it needs to be patched urgently, because this bug makes my career unplayable at the moment.

Can you guys respond and say if you were using Flashbacks or not during the race. Would possibly help determine the issue.

5 hours ago, XioGShep said:

Can you guys respond and say if you were using Flashbacks or not during the race. Would possibly help determine the issue.

I used a bit of flashbacks in Autralia. In Bahrain i was driving slow due to using as few gears as possible so almost no flashback, but still lost 1-3% gearbox per lap.

My practise gearbox is also going more than 1% per lap.

Desktop Screenshot 2020.07.08 - 00.08.25.04.png

3 hours ago, KripsusRektus said:

I used a bit of flashbacks in Autralia. In Bahrain i was driving slow due to using as few gears as possible so almost no flashback, but still lost 1-3% gearbox per lap.

My practise gearbox is also going more than 1% per lap.

Desktop Screenshot 2020.07.08 - 00.08.25.04.png

The only thing I could think of in your case, and this is just a theory, is that since your gearbox was already affected by the Flashback, it still carried over any glitch? I switched to a second gearbox that hasn't had any flashbacks used on it, and its acting fine as far as practice and quals go. Gonna be doing the race in a bit to see.

The only other explanation I can think of is that we had a terrible first gear box. But I don't believe Codemasters has it scripted to give you bad and good gearboxes.

9 hours ago, XioGShep said:

Done a bit more testing myself, and it appears to be the Flashback that causes the issue.

Went through some practicing and qualification without using any flashbacks, and the wear on all parts appears to be completely normal, and expected. (14 laps - 3% wear, which puts me at about 350 total laps expected, which is roughly 5-6 races). I'll be doing the race later, and will make all attempts not to use a flashback during it, to see if this is the underlying root of the issue or not.

If anyone else could, please do some testing with and without flashback being used, and see if that makes a difference for you.

For those also experiencing heavy wear on gearbox and other parts, please report if you are using flashbacks during the race or not.

Hi @XioGShep

As you can probably imagine, im being dragged everywhere right now, but I'd like to test this out myself. Give me a little time to survive the next few days and I'll get onto this as its quite interesting. Does it happen on Auto as well?

4 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @XioGShep

As you can probably imagine, im being dragged everywhere right now, but I'd like to test this out myself. Give me a little time to survive the next few days and I'll get onto this as its quite interesting. Does it happen on Auto as well?

Hey Barry! Not a problem at all. I haven't tried auto myself as I'm not usually a fan of it, but I can try it out on my end in the next couple of days and see if there is any issue with it or not on my side. This is all still relatively theory based. Still trying different things to pinpoint it exactly, but the flashback seems to be a valid reason at this time, depending on how many times you use it. Not going to lie, used it quite a bit on my Aussie race, so the correlation seems to be there, but I'll be running more tests to make sure I'm not crazy. lol

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Keep me updated @XioGShep, as it would be a big one to find. Good reporting and proof though.

12 hours ago, Hengz said:

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Played 2 100% races in My Team mode and gearbox is already at 80%
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

3.       Game-mode? 

My Team Career Mode
4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

N/A
5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

NIL
6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Thrusmaster Tx Leather (This has no relevance)
7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

image.thumb.png.326e66c562c915752895f0867c05b499.png

I just did a weekend at Vietnam (continuing my team career mode) ordering a new gearbox for quali and race. The wear is already at 50%. At this rate, Im gonna be using 22 gearboxes man

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @XioGShep

Barry - I know it's not the beta forum but there was a chap in there who had this and was using Auto gears if you can fish that report out.

Stay off the kerbs, That includes the red & white ones 😂

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Guga_Cyr said:

Stay off the kerbs, That includes the red & white ones 😂

As much as I enjoy the joke, this is very painful for me to play as I am not the most consistent driver in F1 games and I tend to use many many flashbacks (like countless). To see a gearbox die within a weekend sure is painful and dreadful

Posted (edited)

I hear ya... Was just trying to make light of what is clearly a frustrating situation. 

Thinking about it logically, there is probably an element of the myteam car starting with a pretty unreliable gearbox anyway requiring you to spend R&D points upgrading - similar to 2019. 

Then if you’re not shifting at the right times it’s probably exacerbating the problem? Given I’ve not seen any other bug reports relating to gearbox wear, maybe it’d help in working out if this is actually a bug or if a change of technique when shifting will spare your ‘box a lil punishment? I’m happy that to take a look at a few laps of yours if you want to upload a vid & give ya my 2c. 

One thing I definitely think is worth trying is auto gears & seeing if that wears out the gearbox in a similar way? 

Edited by Guga_Cyr
Just cuz

1 hour ago, Guga_Cyr said:

I hear ya... Was just trying to make light of what is clearly a frustrating situation. 

Thinking about it logically, there is probably an element of the myteam car starting with a pretty unreliable gearbox anyway requiring you to spend R&D points upgrading - similar to 2019. 

Then if you’re not shifting at the right times it’s probably exacerbating the problem? Given I’ve not seen any other bug reports relating to gearbox wear, maybe it’d help in working out if this is actually a bug or if a change of technique when shifting will spare your ‘box a lil punishment? I’m happy that to take a look at a few laps of yours if you want to upload a vid & give ya my 2c. 

One thing I definitely think is worth trying is auto gears & seeing if that wears out the gearbox in a similar way? 

Logically speaking I understand you, which is why when I started My Team Career, I chose Mercedes and during the 1st interview had some focus on reliability. 

From my 1st Screenshot, you could see that my engine wear is pretty decent (those are all the 1st set, didnt change them at all).

Attached (hopefully. Been having issues whereby I am unable to upload anything) is a lap during my Chinese GP weekend. My gearbox wear this weekend seems to be rather ok even though it is at 30+% (probably part of the game)

Im guessing I did not use as many flashbacks as I did in other races.

Rate my shifts as you like but I personally dont think it is that bad 

P.S. The lap may not be that good😅 so shifts may be bad

I have the same problem:

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

3rd Race and already 3rd gearbox. I just tried Vietnam and is degrading about 5% per lap, with no flashbacks. Bahrain was a new gearbox and 75% at the end of a 25% race, with 2-3 flashbacks. 

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

3.       Game-mode? 

My Team, 22 race season, Honda engine, no durability upgrades as yet.

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Reviewed the wear over the first 3 races, different sessions. Even during practice without flashbacks the wear was still averaging 5% wear per lap

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

As above

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

PS4 Gamepad being used on a PC

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

None

17 minutes ago, APB44 said:

I have the same problem:

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

3rd Race and already 3rd gearbox. I just tried Vietnam and is degrading about 5% per lap, with no flashbacks. Bahrain was a new gearbox and 75% at the end of a 25% race, with 2-3 flashbacks. 

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

3.       Game-mode? 

My Team, 22 race season, Honda engine, no durability upgrades as yet.

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Reviewed the wear over the first 3 races, different sessions. Even during practice without flashbacks the wear was still averaging 5% wear per lap

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

As above

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

PS4 Gamepad being used on a PC

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

None

Seems like there's a scaling bug somewhere then, it's completely different from what I'm seeing. I'm also doing my team with Honda, 25% races and no durability upgrades yet, my first gearbox only has around 20-30% wear after the first four weekends.