Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Gearbox Wear in MyTeam Master Thread

10 hours ago, 1henryw said:

Yes this is ridiculous and has been like this for last few games. Gearbox wear is ridiculous and u will be lucky if it doesnt fail before the end of the third race. In 2017 the only thing you could do was upgrade your gearbox durability as fast as possible then focus on engine upgrades etc. You had to sacrifice your entire first season of r and d on durability (falling far behind the other teams in the process). For 2019 they made this even more frustrating by making sure that if u did this the regulations would change for durability b4 the end of the season so at least some of your hard work would be lost.

Now rather than toning it down as advised several times in this forum they have made it even more stupid and frustrating by making it so that you cant just upgrade your gearbox right from the off, you have to gradually do all durability upgrades as you cabt see all of them. Now they also fail too 😞

Just frustrating and really takes away the fun. 

I can't agree more, of course there are issues, but in general everything is so nice in the game, but this gearbox wearing is annoying!

Thanks mate!

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

1.       In MyTeam mode the gearbox wear is excessively high. It gets to the point in 50% races where I have to get a new gearbox every 2 races.

2.       PC.
3.       V1.03.
4.       MyTeam.
5.       I tried starting new save files 6 times. + a friend started a save file to check some numbers with me (see below on point 8).

1. Start MyTeam 2.Mercedes Engine 3.Interview choose the following : free aero upgrade, ers upgrade, engine power upgrade and engine facility 4.finish practice and quali 5.select completely new gearbox and PU parts before each race and do either 5 Lap races or 50% .

I believe those steps are enough (?).

6.       6 new MyTeam save files, never worked. Reinstalling the game didn´t work. Tried changing my driving style, that really did not effect it anyway. Is there more to do?
7.       PS4 Controller.
8.       So after the given steps these were my results. I think 3 races for the moment should be enough, if you want more race data I can provide more.

Australia (5 Laps) 10% wear on gearbox | (50% Race) 58% wear on gearbox.

Bahrain (5 Laps) 8% wear on gearbox | (50% Race) 53% wear on gearbox.

Hanoi (5 Laps) 8% wear on gearbox | (50% Race) 61% wear on gearbox.

I have also asked for a friend to do the replicate steps and these are his results at least for the 5 Lap races.

Australia (5 Laps) 4% wear on gearbox .

Bahrain (5 Laps) 5% wear on gearbox.

Hanoi (5 Laps) 4% wear on gearbox .

If you need screenshots I can send some, but I think rare numbers are ok.

Now if my friend couldn´t replicate it, you won´t probably either, but there are other people experiencing it and not just me, as I saw a reddit post of the same issue, yet it was not really discussed any further.

I haven´t had problems in the normal Career mode or GrandPrix mode.

I checked my own driving style, but my way of shifting is not the reason for this excessive wear.

Edited by SubbaroF1O
typo

It is somewhere, but i didn´t find it. it is forced to developers.

5 minutes ago, mav744 said:

It is somewhere, but i didn´t find it. it is forced to developers.

Oh really? That´s good to hear. 

Now I wonder if it will get fixed, will it be applied to the current save files or do we need to restart the whole save?

Would be nice to hear a bold prediction on that one, as I do not want to waste so much time! ^^´ 

Quite positive this is just your driving. Too harsh on the Gearbox OR maybe your engine choice was low on the durability. Like i picked Renault. I was shocked because gor the 1st time ever, i went all 6 races without a gear box change. Now i race 50% races. Maybe its a bug, but also could be your driving style (not trying to dis, just saying)

• Disagree 2

4 minutes ago, MichaelDecker said:

Quite positive this is just your driving. Too harsh on the Gearbox OR maybe your engine choice was low on the durability. Like i picked Renault. I was shocked because gor the 1st time ever, i went all 6 races without a gear box change. Now i race 50% races. Maybe its a bug, but also could be your driving style (not trying to dis, just saying)

Other people have been experiencing the same. If you look at my full report you´ll see I chose mercedes, which are fairly reliable. And no, it´s not my driving, I´ve looked at the gears my friend was using and there was no difference. For me to have 58% wear in one race and him having 20-30% in 6 races is definetly not my fault. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1. Gear box wear in MyTeam is ridiculous, noticed initially during practice and qualifying and carried over into the race (Australia). I’m currently averaging around 4-5% wear per lap on a 50% race distance. This has led to me retiring from my first race after around 24 laps due to gearbox issues. The gearboxes are meant to run for six races and, although I haven’t done any durability upgrades for it, it is currently not even lasting one race. I’m currently using automatic gears so nothing to do with shifting. Also happened in races with and without the use of flashbacks.

2. PS4

3. 1.03

4. MyTeam and one off grand-prix’s.

5. Has occurred during every session of Australia in MyTeam. Also had the same issue in both the Williams and Mercedes in grand-prix races. MyTeam was at 50% race length, other two were at 25% race length, and the Williams one was in intermediate weather conditions. Automatic gears and flashbacks used but Mercedes race used no flashbacks.

6. Other than attempting different game modes, different cars and different conditions, none. Seems a definite bug.

7. Logitech G29.

8. None but can be provided if necessary.

Yes there have been many complaints about this and I guess it's with the developers now. I really hope it will be sorted out in the coming patch announced by the twitter account yesterday. I downloaded the game on the 10th and could only play for 1 hour. Never looked at it again since the DNF. 

Same issue here, purchased the game and played for first time today 16/07, gearbox on auto and 100% damage on first race weekend didn't complete the Aus GP sadly.. Renault engine. 

28 minutes ago, sgambling1 said:

Same issue here, purchased the game and played for first time today 16/07, gearbox on auto and 100% damage on first race weekend didn't complete the Aus GP sadly.. Renault engine. 

Do you Play with controler, keyboard or wheel?

i have gearbox problems on online racing,and i use auto gearbox

controller Logitech f310

Similar here (or almost).

I'm doing My Team mode, 50% race, full qualifying, auto gearbox and mine was on 80% wear after only 4 races. So you can guess where all my R&D points go 😄 It has also become harder this year because R&D tree is slightly different - there is no "gearbox-branch" anymore and you have to do some another upgrades in order to unlock forther gearbox durability level.

14 hours ago, massa88 said:

Do you Play with controler, keyboard or wheel?

i have gearbox problems on online racing,and i use auto gearbox

controller Logitech f310

Just a bog standed ps4 controller here 👍

We have diagnosed the issue and looking to fix in an upcoming patch.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

25 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

@BarryBL it will be fixed also for online ?
i can say it is better than in testing,can finish 25 % race,50% no
wear is still to high

1 hour ago, massa88 said:

@BarryBL it will be fixed also for online ?
i can say it is better than in testing,can finish 25 % race,50% no
wear is still to high

We haven't seen it happen too often online. If you can give me a regular method of reproduction, more than happy to test it @massa88

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Thank you! Glad you guys figured it out, can't wait to play again.

4 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Great news Barry thanks. Will the patch affect the ongoing save or we need to start a new one? Sorry if it was asked and answered before.

31 minutes ago, TheScientist903 said:

Great news Barry thanks. Will the patch affect the ongoing save or we need to start a new one? Sorry if it was asked and answered before.

Will affect the ongoing save, no need to start again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Will affect the ongoing save, no need to start again.

Yeah.. I'm just gonna start over. I lost a lot due to this bug. But I'm glad it's being fixed.

About to start my 6th race in my Team. 100% distance full practice and quali, doing about 12-18 laps in each practice. Still on first gearbox which is at 61%. Is the issue R&D or facility related? I've only applied 2 upgrades to durability and none of durability facility. 

For me it looks like an issue regarding to flashbacks. I did the Dutch GP with very few flashbacks and it was an acceptable wear on the gearbox (28%). Then did the Spanish (which I sick at) with quite a lot of flashbacks.. yeah my gearbox was shut.

So I'm leaning to the issues has something to do with how flashbacks is affecting the gearbox. I've seen YouTubers driver their gearbox harder then me, they don't use flashbacks, so they don't shave the same wear.

Its not flashbacks guys after my first two practice sessions my gear box was at 50%!!!

50% race distance!

Wonder if its a scaling thing.

Posted (edited)

Buying the driver perk for reducing gearbox wear by 10% helped me. My first gearbox in My Team made it to race 5, when it failed completely. The driver perk for reduced wear has definitely helped.

Edited by dino78
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

@BarryBL So today the new update came out: V1.05 

adressing the gearbox wear bug. I went into my first MyTeam save file and did a race.

FYI I already did a bug a report before that is in here. Now in this save I have all gearbox reliability upgrades and my personal driver perks bought.

In Spain the wear per lap was still 1%. In Lap 10 my fresh gearbox (with all new PU parts as well) had 13% which means 1.3% per lap actually. This is still too much, not only for a 50% race but especially for a 100%. I´ll say it again, it´s not my driving style, I´m shifting completely normal and I would need to go nuts to overshift this gearbox.

When does the bugfix apply? With a new save, new season or something else? 

Thanks ahead for any answer!

PS I will do further testing the same way I did in my bug report and post another one again, if the issue keeps also happening there. 

Edited by SubbaroF1O