Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Gearbox Wear in MyTeam Master Thread

11 minutes ago, SubbaroF1O said:

@BarryBL So today the new update came out: V1.05 

adressing the gearbox wear bug. I went into my first MyTeam save file and did a race.

FYI I already did a bug a report before that is in here. Now in this save I have all gearbox reliability upgrades and my personal driver perks bought.

In Spain the wear per lap was still 1%. In Lap 10 my fresh gearbox (with all new PU parts as well) had 13% which means 1.3% per lap actually. This is still too much, not only for a 50% race but especially for a 100%. I´ll say it again, it´s not my driving style, I´m shifting completely normal and I would need to go nuts to overshift this gearbox.

When does the bugfix apply? With a new save, new season or something else?  

Thanks ahead for any answer! 

PS I will do further testing the same way I did in my bug report and post another one again, if the issue keeps also happening there. 

Hi @SubbaroF1O

To clarify, what distance are you running the race at? Can you continue to test and let me know the rate of wear please.

Just done a race on 50% length, my gearbox finished on 39%, this is a new myteam save, bug not fixed...

Posted (edited)

Came here specificly because the patch seems to have made it worse.

I'm not the best driver so I'd gone through gearboxes a bit quicker then others, I had a DNF in my fifth race do to a gearbox failure and had to change the next gearbox after another 4 races.

For France, my first race after the patch, I took the grid penalty only for the gearbox to nearly break on the last lap on 80% wear. Now As I stated I have to get better especially at shifting down and I know that. But having to use a gearbox per race is excessive and nonsensical. How am I supposed to get better if I have trouble finishing a race on a sparkling new unit? And I get that durability is low in the beginning the encourage a spread of resources but that is just too much.

Done in MyTeam, full qualifying and race length 50%

Edited by DavidGrymm

Posted (edited)

@BarryBL

So here are my results after some more testing:

Plattform: PC

Setup: PS4 Controller

I did the exact same steps as in my first bug report:

22 Races, Oneshot-Q, MyTeam, 5 Laps ( easiest to test for me )

1.pick merc engine 2.interview(aero,ers,power,engine-department) 3.australia practise+quali 4.pick new pu parts and new gearbox for the race 5. 5 Lap race with manual and suggested gear

On Patch 1.03 (New and old save files!) 

Australia (5 Laps) 10% wear on gearbox 

Bahrain (5 Laps) 8% wear on gearbox

Hanoi (5 Laps) 8% wear on gearbox

these did not match with the ones of a friend (usually 2-3% per race) =bug

On Patch 1.05 (New safe files only!)

Australia (5 Laps) 2% wear on gearbox 

Bahrain (5 Laps) 3% wear on gearbox 

Hanoi (5 Laps) 3% wear on gearbox 

On a new safe file, the bug seems to be fixed, though in old save files, meaning saves that have been made before 1.03, are still affected for me. 

On Patch 1.05 (Old save files only!)

Bahrain (5 Laps) 7% wear on gearbox 

Hanoi (5 Laps) 7% wear on gearbox

Here just to show the results. I did manage to shave off 1% wear though in bahrain and hanoi for some reason 😉 

I didn´t have the time to test Australia with 50% Races, but I don´t really expect a different picture there. 

So the endresult for me at least (I know from other players, that the bug fix works on their old save file)is that the fix applies on new safe files only. I tried selecting a new gearbox on Old save files, yet the bug still existed on there. Kind of a weird one.

Edited by SubbaroF1O
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, SubbaroF1O said:

@BarryBL

So here are my results after some more testing:

Plattform: PC

Setup: PS4 Controller

I did the exact same steps as in my first bug report:

22 Races, Oneshot-Q, MyTeam, 5 Laps ( easiest to test for me )

1.pick merc engine 2.interview(aero,ers,power,engine-department) 3.australia practise+quali 4.pick new pu parts and new gearbox for the race 5. 5 Lap race with manual and suggested gear

On Patch 1.03 (New and old save files!) 

Bahrain (5 Laps) 8% wear on gearbox

Hanoi (5 Laps) 8% wear on gearbox

these did not match with the ones of a friend (usually 2-3% per race) =bug

On Patch 1.05 (New safe files only!)

Australia (5 Laps) 2% wear on gearbox 

Bahrain (5 Laps) 3% wear on gearbox 

Hanoi (5 Laps) 3% wear on gearbox 

On a new safe file, the bug seems to be fixed, though in old save files, meaning saves that have been made before 1.03, are still affected for me. 

On Patch 1.05 (Old save files only!)

Bahrain (5 Laps) 7% wear on gearbox 

Hanoi (5 Laps) 7% wear on gearbox

Here just to show the results. I did manage to shave off 1% wear though in bahrain and hanoi for some reason 😉 

I didn´t have the time to test Australia with 50% Races, but I don´t really expect a different picture there. 

So the endresult for me at least (I know from other players, that the bug fix works on their old save file)is that the fix applies on new safe files only. I tried selecting a new gearbox on Old save files, yet the bug still existed on there. Kind of a weird one.

The inconsistency with this bug is outrageous, you tested a new save file and it appears the bug is fixed, I tested it on a new save and had 39% wear on ONE 50% race.

11 minutes ago, KapoSZN said:

The inconsistency with this bug is outrageous, you tested a new save file and it appears the bug is fixed, I tested it on a new save and had 39% wear on ONE 50% race.

It would be nice of you, if you tested 5 Lap races on that same safe file. It could be that the 50% races might be affected only

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DavidGrymm said:

Came here specificly because the patch seems to have made it worse.

I'm not the best driver so I'd gone through gearboxes a bit quicker then others, I had a DNF in my fifth race do to a gearbox failure and had to change the next gearbox after another 4 races.

For France, my first race after the patch, I took the grid penalty only for the gearbox to nearly break on the last lap on 80% wear. Now As I stated I have to get better especially at shifting down and I know that. But having to use a gearbox per race is excessive and nonsensical. How am I supposed to get better if I have trouble finishing a race on a sparkling new unit? And I get that durability is low in the beginning the encourage a spread of resources but that is just too much.

Done in MyTeam, full qualifying and race length 50%

Adding onto this, I just finished the next race, Austria, at 50% lenght with the new gearbox, which is at 10% with 44 laps. It's predecessor sits at 76% with 36 laps. Whilst the sample sice is small my durability seems to be all over the place...

Edit: Durability improvement was 21%, is now 23%.

Edited by DavidGrymm

It would also be good to know what the average wear% per race in either 5/50% or 100% is, so we as the players, can know when the bug is actually happening. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/15/2020 at 3:38 PM, SubbaroF1O said:

Other people have been experiencing the same. If you look at my full report you´ll see I chose mercedes, which are fairly reliable. And no, it´s not my driving, I´ve looked at the gears my friend was using and there was no difference. For me to have 58% wear in one race and him having 20-30% in 6 races is definetly not my fault. 

Well i picked Renault and have had absolutely no problems what so ever. Plus Renault had around -11 Durability than Mercedes so idk how that works. Clearly a bug in the Merc engine, my bad, accept my apology 

EDIT: Also, if i may ask, have you purchased any if the Perks? Idk if that drastically slows wear, but i do have the 1st one since the 3rd race. But ya most likely a bug in Mercedes (again, sorry for attacking your driving, and assuming (lowkey forgot the Engine thing and the difference))

Edited by MichaelDecker
To add things

Posted (edited)

First, I play on PC and I started my MyTeam carreer at the start of F1 2020 on 7.7.2020, so its and old save file.

I race at 25% race-lenght, I drive all 22 Races and have all 3 perks on my character and all 3 at the durability. 

I still have this extreme wear bug... please fix this.

Its a shame that I have to set a new gearbox every 3-4 races

PLEASE Codemasters. Do something!

Gearbox.JPG

Edited by Joshu46
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Same problem! MyTeam race 7 and on gearbox Number 3. 25% races and almost no practice. I know you shall start with a bad car and build it but this seems to much. Believe it was the same problem in career in F1 2019 

please fix the issue codemasters

Edited by TACKLEBERRYDK
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, DavidGrymm said:

Adding onto this, I just finished the next race, Austria, at 50% lenght with the new gearbox, which is at 10% with 44 laps. It's predecessor sits at 76% with 36 laps. Whilst the sample sice is small my durability seems to be all over the place...

Edit: Durability improvement was 21%, is now 23%.

Finished the next race at Silverstone, 81 laps and 27% wear. Whilst I think I took a couple curbs more that is almost double the wear for just about the same amount of laps. Seems excessive.

Posted (edited)

This happens across all game modes for me (even after v1.05 - update seems to have made it worse)...My Team, Driver Career and Grand Prix. Did a Grand Prix (Australia only) with "one shot" qualifying, Mercedes, PS4 controller, automatic transmission. 8% Gearbox wear on qualifying lap ALONE. This bug has happened across every game mode I've tried, every race length, every car. I will fill out a formal bug report and detail all of this, but this needs to be fixed quickly or the game is completely UNPLAYABLE.

IMG_3705.jpg

Edited by PSR828
  • Agree 1

THIS IS NOT FIXED, 

Patch 1.05 has NOT and I repeat NOT fixed this issue. The wear is still far far far too high. Qualifying in Monaco 4 laps 4% wear. It’s till too high, 

• Agree 3

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Gearbox wear is just terrible with me. Worse than everybody else who posted here. I don't know what else to write, we have been discussing for one week already. Patch made it worse. Got DNF 5th or 6th lap in feature and sprint races. What is it %16 wear per lap?? I can only laugh now. Using auto gearbox with PS4 controller. Didn't do any flashbacks.

2.       Platform

PS4

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode? 

Career mode F2 season.

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Already tried in myteam mode and career mode. got DNF in both in first races. DNF in both 

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 
7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

PS4 controller

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears. 

72131632_F12020_20200721212937.jpg.2cd0ecaf51e04955a8a8c94516d96fa3.jpg292308062_F12020_20200721212644.jpg.15a4a8282f46d22c91512271ad2718cd.jpg1257443590_F12020_20200721212447.jpg.31180e58066ac107c2808cf3307dc976.jpg444410971_F12020_20200721211417.jpg.abed77fa8b89699469909460a87f0424.jpg832257699_F12020_20200721211337.jpg.df2b960ff7e017c1689b09a7da7a0cf1.jpg1860539779_F12020_20200721211301.jpg.4e8addd277f81068ea61f9a2c25aceb0.jpg

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
  • Gearbox wear is no longer scaled based on season length

This was - NOT - the problem. The wear is just too high regardless from the session length. People reported the bug here with different season lenghts. The moment I saw the patch notes I thought that it was not fixed and unfortunately I was right. Waited for 11 days and now we'll wait more. 

Sorry I've read it as ''session'' but still it does not matter. I don't think it had anything to do with the season length.

Edited by TheScientist903
  • Agree 1

1. A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
    1. Having just finished Monza in WET with a brand new gear box for Quali & Race only. Wear is at 48% for just 1 race. FYI it is my 5th gear box which means i will have to give up the entire season after Singapore. lol
  2. Platform
    1. PC-Steam
  3. What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
    1. 1.05
  4. Game-mode?
    1. MyTeam 50% 
  5. What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 
    1. Since it is my 5th gearbox and 15th race.
  6. What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 
    1. Work on my gear shifts as well as R&D. Durability improvement is at 41.5% with Gear box durability level 2 researched.
  7. What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
    1. G29
  8. Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.  

20200722103446_1.thumb.jpg.58a5d6eb6c233342b477e468c1d2b1a1.jpg20200722103427_1.thumb.jpg.a530aa0d6abd1e97a366406d7f81d776.jpg

Just coming here to confirm what others have said. Patch did not fix the issue. Downloaded patch 1.05 on PS4, did one race at Spain in my team in which I tried to watch my upshifts/downshifts carefully. Still ended up with 33% wear after one race 

4714A497-D202-4E38-A878-35DB8202E98C.jpeg

Yep just to confirm same issue here still on ps4, auto gearbox, my team and other career modes including f2, 25% race distance, gearbox doesn't last a whole race sadly. Gutting.

They’ve actually fixed an issue that never was an issue 😂😂😂😂 they just completely missed the issue we were all getting at 😂😂😂

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, manwell02 said:

They’ve actually fixed an issue that never was an issue 😂😂😂😂 they just completely missed the issue we were all getting at 😂😂😂

And the worst part is, it says ''solved'' on the headline. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by TheScientist903

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

In career mode on the short F2 season the car keeps dying due to gear box failure. Always on the 1st corner on lap 2. I’ve tried to restart career with different teams but same happens. I tried to ignore it and went to race 2. Same thing happened. 

2.       Platform

PS4

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

1.03 and still happening on 1.05

4.       Game-mode? 

Driver career.

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

This happens every time I play through the this mode.

I have restarted career a couple of times with different teams. Tried to take it easy on the first lap.

tried to ignore it and go to 2nd race but still happens. 

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

New game loads. New career. Different teams 

Standard game pad.

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears

as everybody else, same issue continues here on the ps4... c'mon now give us a break, isn't this tested before releasing it ?....

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here.

To add to other reports I do not think the patch has fixed this issue. The wear seems to be very inconsistent from track to track; I know some tracks are harder on the gearbox but the disparity is huge.

2.       Platform

Xbox One

1.02, 1.03 and 1.05

4.       Game-mode? 

My Team

I have been doing 50% races and full qualifying for this game mode. Selected the Mercedes power unit at the start. Did the race at Australia on v. 1.02 and accumulated 15-20% wear on the Event Gearbox. Applied the first Gearbox Durability upgrade that eventually arrived in China. During the race at Bahrain, the wear was again about 20%. I think I had a lucky glitch at Vietnam where there was no gearbox wear during the race - the Event Gearbox was on 47% at this point. Patch 1.03 was applied and the wear at China caused it to go up to 64%. At the Netherlands I had gearbox issues during the race and the wear went up to 79%. I fitted a new gearbox for qualifying at Spain and accumulated 29% in just this race - I estimate that to be about 0.7% a lap including all qualifying laps. With patch 1.05 applied, I have just done Monaco FP1 and accumulated an additional 6% on the Practice Gearbox after 12 laps. This means that the Event Gearbox will accumulate around 25% at Monaco (assuming 50 laps for FP3, Qualifying and the Race). 

EDIT: Having done the race at Monaco, the Event Gearbox now has 47% wear, meaning a total of 18% wear was accumulated at Monaco from 55 laps (see photos below). Therefore, the wear was 0.33% per lap. I would say that this is an acceptable level of wear for the beginning of the game mode. I was surprised though since Monaco has traditionally been one of the hardest races on the gearbox, along with Azerbaijan, Singapore and Abu Dhabi. With Azerbaijan, Canada and France up next, I will provide an additional update once I have done the races at these three pretty different tracks.

I have tried shifting as little as possible on out- and in-laps during Practice and Qualifying. I have also tried to downshift a bit slower compared to last year, which seems necessary otherwise the gear doesn't always engage. 

Logitech G920; using paddle shifters. 

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears

EDIT:

Event Gearbox at 29% wear before FP3 at Monaco.

1506833696_GearboxWear-FP2Monaco.thumb.JPG.19e3bc5f7b9dd407249499cc050159b7.JPG

Event Gearbox at 32% wear post-FP3 at Monaco. This means 3% wear accumulated in 9 laps (including out- and in-laps), so 0.33% per lap.

660477812_GearboxWear-FP3Monaco.thumb.JPG.2d45922bf0d43c057fae6ca793c1c7f7.JPG

Event Gearbox at 35% wear post-qualifying at Monaco. This means 3% wear accumulated in 6 laps (including out- and in-laps), so 0.5% per lap.

1278983679_GearboxWear-QualifyingMonaco.thumb.JPG.01f72627198c39925629369c8b401aca.JPG

Event Gearbox at 47% wear post-race at Monaco. This means 12% wear accumulated in 40 laps (including formation lap) so 0.3% per lap.

1336620448_GearboxWear-RaceMonaco.thumb.JPG.9e4bb7bf88e86c40fdd7782300a67f1c.JPG

Edited by MattDobson66
  • Agree 1