Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Gearbox Wear in MyTeam Master Thread

Still problems with gearbox wear in myteam. 

using gearbox 4 in my 7 race. After 21 laps its 18% wear. 

UPdate: after race it’s 21% procent wear  so maybe it’s ok now 👍🙏

Edited by TACKLEBERRYDK

I've just finished the first My Team season, 22 races, 25% race length, and had no gearbox wear issues even with no upgrades.  Win10 PC, started My Team save file on July 7.

Common point, reading through here - most people don't mention what engine they are using when they are experiencing extreme gearbox wear - but for those who do mention it, it seems to be the Mercedes engine that has the extreme transmission wear.  My team first season used the Honda engine, and again, no gearbox wear problems.  Is it possible that this bug only affects cars with the Mercedes engine, and not the Renault/Honda/Ferrari powered cars?

If you are experiencing extreme gearbox wear - What engine are you using??!!

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, Flash42G said:

I've just finished the first My Team season, 22 races, 25% race length, and had no gearbox wear issues even with no upgrades.  Win10 PC, started My Team save file on July 7.

Common point, reading through here - most people don't mention what engine they are using when they are experiencing extreme gearbox wear - but for those who do mention it, it seems to be the Mercedes engine that has the extreme transmission wear.  My team first season used the Honda engine, and again, no gearbox wear problems.  Is it possible that this bug only affects cars with the Mercedes engine, and not the Renault/Honda/Ferrari powered cars?

If you are experiencing extreme gearbox wear - What engine are you using??!!

I guess I have seen reports with different engines. I had it with Renault at myteam mode. It actually doesn't matter cause I had it worse at career mode with F2 car so I guess it's not the engine. 

Glad to see that I'm not going crazy. My gearbox goes down by 5% per lap even with durability upgrades on the gearbox. I tried a new my team save and new career mode save. No matter what it's going down by so much. I am using a Honda engine in my team, tried manual and automatic. I also tried different teams in career mode, but the same issues. I have tried both 25% and 50% race distance and the gearbox loses 5% per lap.

Dear Codemasters admins, I know you are drowning in hundreds of reports trying to figure out every single bug. But this issue that makes the game totally unplayable should be your first concern. Many people cannot even finish one race either in myteam mode or career mode. Either in 100% race distance or lower. With different engines. Also many people are having to change the gearbox after every race ending up with penalties. Everybody here posted their evidence reports showing that it was not solved but actually got worse. Actually not hearing anything from you since the release of patch 1.05 is very concerning and it says ''solved'' on the headline. You are without doubt making the best F1 games for many years and we are waiting for months to play this game. Now paying for it and not being able to play for two weeks is annoying.

Please at least let us know here on the topic that you are aware that it was not solved and got worse, and working on a permanent solution. It will make it easier for us to wait. 

51 minutes ago, TheScientist903 said:

Dear Codemasters admins, I know you are drowning in hundreds of reports trying to figure out every single bug. But this issue that makes the game totally unplayable should be your first concern. Many people cannot even finish one race either in myteam mode or career mode. Either in 100% race distance or lower. With different engines. Also many people are having to change the gearbox after every race ending up with penalties. Everybody here posted their evidence reports showing that it was not solved but actually got worse. Actually not hearing anything from you since the release of patch 1.05 is very concerning and it says ''solved'' on the headline. You are without doubt making the best F1 games for many years and we are waiting for months to play this game. Now paying for it and not being able to play for two weeks is annoying.

Please at least let us know here on the topic that you are aware that it was not solved and got worse, and working on a permanent solution. It will make it easier for us to wait. 

I’ve actually requested a refund for the game. Not prepared to wait any longer. This is the only thing that will prevent these untested games being released in future.

On 7/20/2020 at 4:16 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi @SubbaroF1O

To clarify, what distance are you running the race at? Can you continue to test and let me know the rate of wear please.

@BarryBL Hi Barry, see page 4 of thread. Lots still having the issue following the patch sadly. Thanks

Hi guys, 

We're still investigating this. 

I think the next measure is to provide savegames on this for analysis. I've tried to replicate it myself, as have the testing team, and we haven't experienced any consistent results like your own. If you can provide savegame versions (obvs, please back them up so you can continue playing), we can check the coding and try and diagnose any issues

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

@BarryBL Hey,

I found the place where the save game files are located, but which files do you guys need to analyse the bug? Profile, Highlights... there are many files in there 😄

Edited by Joshu46
  • Agree 1

@BarryBL

Thank you for continuing on looking into this game-breaking issue. I will gladly give all my game saves for you guys to look into, I just need to know how and where to send it.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi guys, 

I think the next measure is to provide savegames on this for analysis. I've tried to replicate it myself, as have the testing team, and we haven't experienced any consistent results like your own. If you can provide savegame versions (obvs, please back them up so you can continue playing), we can check the coding and try and diagnose any issues

@BarryBL I created a new MyTeam save after the update was out. I actually did it twice to redo my first interview. But I still got the Gearbox Issue.

Added my savegame

savegame@profile#NXDSMWW.BWW

savegame@profile#QKRHMYXE

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, AbdullahQ said:

Can anyone with engine supplier other than Mercedes is facing the glitch in My Team mode?

I have the issue with Honda in My Team, and also having the issue in career mode with multiple teams.

I am just curious, do you feel that AI teams are also getting quite a number of grid penalties for changing parts?

Redbull for mine is like taking grid penalties every 2-3 races too.

23 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi guys, 

@BarryBL 

So since yesterday my save file suddenly got corrupted as well, meaning that whenever I go into an gamemode, it will crash during the loading screen.

I know it´s a lot to ask, but I would love it if you guys, would take a look at that as well, maybe it has a connection with one and another.

It suddenly corrupted, from one day to the next, I didn´t do anything special. I tried leaving out the midsession saves, still didn´t load any gamemode.

Another user on XBOX reported it on the forum, so please check it out

Here the files:

savegame@profile#NXDSMWW.BWW 

savegame@profile#QKRHMYXE

Here the bug report I was mentioning:

Edited by SubbaroF1O

@SubbaroF1O this is the wrong forum area, please add onto that bug you mentioned and tag me in so I can send over the save files.

Just now, BarryBL said:

@SubbaroF1O this is the wrong forum area, please add onto that bug you mentioned and tag me in so I can send over the save files.

Sorry I forgot to mention, that those files have the gearbox wear bug in it. I just wanted to mention that those are corrupt now for some reason. Sorry for the confusion.

Also, stupid question everyone, does the users still affected have new saves or are continuing their existing ones post-1.05 update? Just a longshot theory...

Just now, BarryBL said:

Also, stupid question everyone, does the users still affected have new saves or are continuing their existing ones post-1.05 update? Just a longshot theory...

Both, as you said before, it´s very incosistent though.

To update here,

I've spoke to the devs and it's something we will want to investigate, as we suspect there is a issue independent of the fix we added into 1.05. If you could provide the following information, it will really help our testing team try to find the affected instances. For example, with @massa88's post:

•  Can we get the game-mode in which your report was based off?
  •  Does the issue happen for you in every session, or just some? Cover as much detail here if possible please, so all modes, percentages.
  •  Assist combinations, in particular things that would be gearbox related?
  •  Screenshots are useful too, and I feel we may end up asking for savegames too at a point

If I have more requested information, I'll add a new post. (Massa, you don't need to do it for your example again, got the info)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

I started a new save. This one is Career mode now. Previous one was myteam.

• My first try was myteam with 1.04. Then I started career mode after 1.05.
  •  Does the issue happen for you in every session, or just some? Cover as much detail here if possible please, so all modes, percentages.
  • Happened to me in every session. Even at the free practice of the F2 GP the gearbox turned orange. Then GB died in both races.
  • Automatic gearbox. Medium traction control. No ABS. Yes Anti-lock. Asisted pit and starts. Full seasons in both modes. 50% race distance. (I'll check and update)
  •  Screenshots are useful too, and I feel we may end up asking for savegames too at a point
  • Will try to provide this evening and edit the post.
Edited by TheScientist903

• I've only encountered it during MyTeam, since for me atm is the fun of the game. And is also one of the most critical gameplays where this bug is a hindering. And ofc. Carrier.
    • Yes. I use still use flashbacks. The sessions where I need to do this I see a heavier wear on the gearbox then others. For example I'm okay at Zandvoort using the minimal Flashbacks is somewhat okay (about 25-30%), but going for circuits I'm not so good at, Spain, I see a wear of +50% from a 50% length race.
      After 1.05 I deleted my old save and made a new one twice. Through the interview I answered so I got upgrades to the Dura to begin with.
    • In my 1.03 save I could not get through 2 sessions without losing the gearbox. But when I started to get more comfi and using less Flashbacks the wear went down.
    • Minal Breaking and ABS, Manual Gear.
    • N/A but you have my saves that shows the wear on my gearboxes.

Hope it helps. It's getting tiresome that I have to take a 27grid penalty for changing my gearbox after it only lasted 2 races.

• Can we get the game-mode in which your report was based off?

MyTeam, both 1.04 and 1.05.

Yes, all sessions. I'm doing full calendar with 25% races.

The assists I use are ABS, full traction control and anti-locking. Manual gear with suggestion.

Screenshot after first race in Australia in the 1.05 save. Got about 1% wear per lap in both practice and event gearboxes.

image.thumb.png.9d18b65772bc5bbc54a16942987849cc.png

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

To update here,

I've spoke to the devs and it's something we will want to investigate, as we suspect there is a issue independent of the fix we added into 1.05. If you could provide the following information, it will really help our testing team try to find the affected instances. For example, with @massa88's post:

If I have more requested information, I'll add a new post. (Massa, you don't need to do it for your example again, got the info)

• Can we get the game-mode in which your report was based off? Driver career on version 1.03 and 1.05. 
  •  Does the issue happen for you in every session, or just some? Cover as much detail here if possible please, so all modes, percentages. Happens every session on F2 race one. Car starts off with green gear box. Fails before end of lap 2. Using auto gear box. If I just accept the failure and go to to race 2 same thing happens. Just to note I was unable to finish Australian GP on my team also due to same issue.
  •  Assist combinations, in particular things that would be gearbox related? Auto gears, medium break assist. No steering assist. 
  •  Screenshots are useful too, and I feel we may end up asking for savegames too at a point. 

1E2D5D87-C204-4564-BCDA-963AEA7E3881.png

557A0CB0-616E-45AE-AC32-71CCA5D6860A.png

• Agree 1