Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Gearbox Wear in MyTeam Master Thread

Started Season 2 under the 1.06 patch and genuinely thought I was getting somewhere managing a record of my first 4 races without having to change my gearbox! However, normality shortly resumed by not managing to get through more than 2 races without having to yet again take more gearbox penalties. 

All of Season 1 was spent on the durability side of the car and I physically can’t make my gearbox any more durable with it being on level 3 through the game, yet I still can’t get past 2 races on average. 

Now that my car is also beginning to get quicker with other upgrades, the gearbox problem is even more frustrating than before because my car should be qualifying higher up the grid and keep getting pushed back towards the back with repeated penalties.

We have had to put up with this since release day and I feel enough is enough. I appreciate it might not be easy to find the route of the problem and therefore a fix, but please at least have some sort of option to turn off gearbox wear whilst a solution is found!

9DAB6735-54CC-497A-A806-2C8823707C0E.jpeg

F32EA47E-2204-4BB9-8A41-6260AD605027.jpeg

661D7E9B-88CF-4EFD-A1C4-8D42A78F2707.jpeg

AAD422E3-2B99-41D1-8E04-8FD7884CA2DE.jpeg

On 7/10/2020 at 11:07 AM, Michalito said:

I just raise the same issue. Even in Driver Career I cannot finish a race without retiring from damaged gearbox on F2 cars. 

I have been playing sims for years and had not had that happen. 

What is your race percentage? I have mine at 50%. Maybe a scale bug?

Wait im a total noob in this game first time ever and im doing my career mode i have 25% laps with 22 rounds and full practice, im on round 11/22 and im on my third gear box is that not normal? 

Bonjour, 

Quand ce problème sera t-il corrigé?

J'ai commencer une saison avec My Team sur des courses à 25%, j'en suis à utilisé 2 boites de vitesse par Grand Prix (1 boites pour les essais et une boite par course avec pénalité sur la grille de départ depuis le deuxième Grand Prix de la saison)

1. Une description détaillée du problème. Veuillez inclure tous les codes d'erreur ici. 

Usure de la boite de vitesse trop rapide

2. Plateforme

PC

3. Quelle version du jeu que vous utilisez (affichée sur l'écran de démarrage dans le coin inférieur gauche de l'écran) 

4. Mode de jeu? 

My Team, distance de course à 25%, boite automatique et jouablilité sur manette PS4

Moteur RENAULT, mais plusieurs essais effectuer avec les autres moteurs avec le même résultat.

6. Quel dépannage avez-vous tenté? Veuillez toujours essayer de résoudre le problème 

J'ai essayer les autres moteurs, réglage de voitures, ma façon de jouer, différent réglages des paramètre du jeu.... sans succès.

7. Quels périphériques utilisez-vous (manette de jeu, marque et modèle de roue, etc.) 

Manette PS4

Les images ci-dessous ne montrent QUE l'usure de la boite de vitesse lors des essais libre du premier Grand Prix de la saison (AUSTRALIE - Melbourne)

Faites quelques chose et rapidement, car çà deviens injouable.

Merci

Capture d’écran (118).png

Capture d’écran (119).png

Capture d’écran (120).png

Capture d’écran (121).png

Capture d’écran (122).png

Capture d’écran (123).png

Capture d’écran (124).png

Capture d’écran (125).png

Same problem here, gearbox wear is insane, i just completed race at Singapoor, and at the end wear of the NEW gearbox was 29%.

20200809192437_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, TeS Roland said:

So..... is this ever going to be fixed? I needed 8 gearboxes in 22 Round My Team season. @BarryBL

Bug is logged and still under investigation. The complication we are running into here is finding an accurate method of replication that we can use regularly. If users can continue to add bug reports, and any findings or testing, it is really helping us continue our investigation.

Things like replication numbers and steps to achieve the excessive wear would help us out in testing internally or any actions performed in-game that might be different to the norm (is it worse when flashbacks used etc)

New gearbox installed for just the race in Hungary and ended with 93% wear on the gearbox despite it having the maximum level of durability on the car. 

In terms of replication, it still seems to fluctuate a lot and is not consistent at all, however that race was wet for the whole race and whilst it’s not the catalyst to the problem for the gearbox, for me it certainly makes the gearbox wear worse when the race is wet putting the wear up to 1%-2% per lap.

Regardless, we need an urgent solution to this because it’s badly letting the game down.

7BEBFBF8-9222-49DC-823A-B8BE5BC8A1D7.jpeg

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Bug is logged and still under investigation. The complication we are running into here is finding an accurate method of replication that we can use regularly. If users can continue to add bug reports, and any findings or testing, it is really helping us continue our investigation.

Things like replication numbers and steps to achieve the excessive wear would help us out in testing internally or any actions performed in-game that might be different to the norm (is it worse when flashbacks used etc)

I think the reason it might be so hard to replicate is because there doesn't seem to be a defining method to create the gearbox wear problem.

Certainly for me, these would be my findings so far in relation to the wear:

No difference:

• Season Length
  • Race Length
  • Manual or Automatic Gearbox
  • Controller or Wheel
  • ABS

Some difference:

• Wet weather (made the gearbox wear worse)
  • Gearbox durability upgrades (made the gearbox wear slightly better overall, but nowhere near enough to complete 6 races, however in some cases, it's been no better than not having any upgrades on the car at all)
  • Different tracks (however this still seems to be random for me as opposed to being related to power circuits or higher downforce circuits)

Other users experiencing the same problem, please feel free to leave your thoughts and replication to try and get to the root of the problem quickly

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2020 at 6:13 PM, LukeyboiWalker said:

Started Season 2 under the 1.06 patch and genuinely thought I was getting somewhere managing a record of my first 4 races without having to change my gearbox! However, normality shortly resumed by not managing to get through more than 2 races without having to yet again take more gearbox penalties. 

All of Season 1 was spent on the durability side of the car and I physically can’t make my gearbox any more durable with it being on level 3 through the game, yet I still can’t get past 2 races on average. 

Now that my car is also beginning to get quicker with other upgrades, the gearbox problem is even more frustrating than before because my car should be qualifying higher up the grid and keep getting pushed back towards the back with repeated penalties.

We have had to put up with this since release day and I feel enough is enough. I appreciate it might not be easy to find the route of the problem and therefore a fix, but please at least have some sort of option to turn off gearbox wear whilst a solution is found!

9DAB6735-54CC-497A-A806-2C8823707C0E.jpeg

F32EA47E-2204-4BB9-8A41-6260AD605027.jpeg

661D7E9B-88CF-4EFD-A1C4-8D42A78F2707.jpeg

AAD422E3-2B99-41D1-8E04-8FD7884CA2DE.jpeg

I have given up playing the game completely because of this, it's ridiculous. unfortunately it wasn't possible for me to get a refund from the ps store but lesson learned, never buy a full priced codemaster game ever again.
I can deal with the other countless bugs everywhere but this is just game breaking.. the least they could do is put out a patch ASAP to disable the gearbox wear completely until they sort this out

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rafik77 said:

I have given up playing the game completely because of this, it's ridiculous. unfortunately it wasn't possible for me to get a refund from the ps store but lesson learned, never buy a full priced codemaster game ever again.
I can deal with the other countless bugs everywhere but this is just game breaking.. the least they could do is put out a patch ASAP to disable the gearbox wear completely until they sort this out

Coulda, likely shoulda, still done GP and/or TT because this doesn't affect those modes at all. But, whatever floats your boat. Keep in mind that hard-to-replicate such as this one and a recent report of mine will take longer to deal with than easy-to-replicate bugs.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

Coulda, likely shoulda, still done GP and/or TT because this doesn't affect those modes at all. But, whatever floats your boat. Keep in mind that hard-to-replicate such as this one and a recent report of mine will take longer to deal with than easy-to-replicate bugs.

Or they could just turn gear box wear off until they find a solution? 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Yes why not add an option to turn it off until a solution is found. It seems we'll still wait after waiting for one month. Seriously this is getting annoying, not finding a solution for smt. that you have created yourselves

Just finished season 2 in my team (22 races) and got through 20 gear boxes. Pretty much 1 gear box per race

44 minutes ago, MAKRacing said:

Just finished season 2 in my team (22 races) and got through 20 gear boxes. Pretty much 1 gear box per race

Is that with durability upgrades on the car?

Just a note to add that not everyone is experiencing the gearbox wear bug - I'm 17 races through Season 2 of My Team, my current gearbox (3rd of the season) has done 5 races and is at 37% wear with one durability upgrade.  I easily made it through Season 1 on the 4 gearboxes, 6 races each, maximum wear was ~70% on the first one after 6 races (I run 25% distance races, all practices, short qualifying sessions.  First My Team season with Honda power, second season with Mercedes power.  I have ABS off and no traction control, and use rewind a few times per race. Running Windows 10 on PC, and started on July 7 on the first revision - before any patches it still didn't have a gearbox wear issue.

I've also run My Career, 5 races into season one, no excessive wear on that gearbox either.

2 hours ago, LukeyboiWalker said:

Is that with durability upgrades on the car?

Yes plenty of durability upgrades including gearbox

• Like 1

Just to try and help - I am not having this issue.  50% races,flashbacks disabled, manual shifting, mixture of dry and wet races. About to do my 6th race so I’m expecting some gearbox issues this race but so far wear seems fine for me.

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Continuing the investigation, can PS4 and PC users please attach savegame files where you are experiencing the gearbox issue in effect to this post. We are looking for as many saves as possible where this has been affected will help here to help with the sample size of the investigation, so ALL savegames that have been affected will be really appreciated. 

How do i do that?

I think it has to do with down shifts going into slow corners. So especially tight corners where you go from 8th to 2nd. There is always the spot where I see the gearbox wear go up multiple percent. Flashbacks might be an influence as I always use atleast one every race. Only way now for me to get around it is going on automatic 

• Agree 1

On 8/11/2020 at 10:30 AM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Continuing the investigation, can PS4 and PC users please attach savegame files where you are experiencing the gearbox issue in effect to this post. We are looking for as many saves as possible where this has been affected will help here to help with the sample size of the investigation, so ALL savegames that have been affected will be really appreciated. 

Hi,

Whilst I don’t know how to do that exactly, I thought posting a video to show the wear would be the next best thing.

Here is my race at Russia today having just put a brand new gearbox in at the start of the weekend. As you can already see it is at 49% half way through the race and jumps to 52% by the end of the video which is just over a lap, putting the wear at about 2% a lap.

I appreciate I’m not the best driver, however, I wasn’t driving aggressively and I don’t think I drive too dissimilar to others I watch play the game. I’m also not in rich mix or using a lot of ERS and continue to have the problem.

Hope this helps

For PC, to access your save game, it is in the files. For example, my location is: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\F1 2020 

For PS4, try the below link on how to do this:

https://news.game.co.uk/ps4-saved-games/

This will give you a copy of your savegame to a USB file, and then you can use your PC and add it to the forums for us to look at.