Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×
FORUM MAINTENANCE | 11/05/2021 AM Read more... ×

Gearbox Wear in MyTeam Master Thread

1 minute ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

@BarryBL, not that I, an Xbox user, have actually played MyTeam, but how would an Xbox user access save files for you to look at?

Unfortunately, there is no method to retrieve a Xbox savegame. Only available for PC and PS4.

• Sad 1

I started one myteam and one mycareer saves. I had to stop both as I cannot finish one full race cause of the bug. I attached the save so it's either one of those modes or both. Please solve it fast I played a total of 25-30 minutes and no more. @BarryBL

I hope some other friends will provide files as well to solve this as fast as possible.

https://we.tl/t-vV7gVrYZT4 

10 hours ago, TeS Roland said:

I think it has to do with down shifts going into slow corners. So especially tight corners where you go from 8th to 2nd. There is always the spot where I see the gearbox wear go up multiple percent. Flashbacks might be an influence as I always use atleast one every race. Only way now for me to get around it is going on automatic 

I'd certainly agree with this. The tracks where I have experienced most wear so far are probably Vietnam, Spain, Azerbaijan, Canada and Italy. Similarities between these tracks - multiple very heavy braking zones going from 7th/8th gear down to 2nd/3rd gear. Wear has been more reasonable at circuits like the Netherlands, Great Britain and Belgium where heavy braking zones are less prominent. 

Hi everyone,

We are currently really struggling to replicate this internally. Can users who are affected please provide savegames so we can look into this. Without added savegames, we will be unable to find a replication method and may not be able to fix.

@massa88, do you have a savegame file (Career, MyTeam maybe- and Online with report code) that you could send over to me.

hi @BarryBL i have gone 5 laps race offline right now due to online maintenance

code:RTJT-VKKC-TVMD-XSMG

Austria

controller Logitech f310

if you need more let me know

Edited by massa88

2 minutes ago, massa88 said:

hi @BarryBL i have gone 5 laps race offline right now due to online maintenance

code:RTJT-VKKC-TVMD-XSMG

Austria

if you need more let me know

1878661881_bandicam2020-08-1311-40-57-548.jpg.47c1e11b7e97d91109d46769fe3e3f86.jpg

Cool, thanks @massa88

Are you in a Career at the moment or MyTeam? Have a savegame?

@BarryBL i mostly play online
only from time to time offline races but not in career or my team
sorry 

so i do not know if i have any save file any where

how is it named or where it can be
i can check

Edited by massa88
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, massa88 said:

@BarryBL i mostly play online
only from time to time offline races but not in career or my team
sorry 

so i do not know if i have any save file any where

how is it named or where it can be
i can check

Don't worry @massa88

If you have a career/Myteam, a save game is useful. The image and code from just playing online, if that's your mode, is plenty enough 👍

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Don't worry @massa88

If you have a career/Myteam, a save game is useful. The image and code from just playing online, if that's your mode, is plenty enough 👍

Hi Barry, I am new to this forum, may I know how can I upload my PS4 save to you guys?

15 minutes ago, charlesfan11 said:

Hi Barry, I am new to this forum, may I know how can I upload my PS4 save to you guys?

Hello, follow the below link to copy your save files from PS4 to a usb disk. Then you can attach them here when sending a post or upload to wetransfer like i did, and paste wetansfer link here.

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Manage-PS4-Saved-Data-on-USB-Storage?language=en_US 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheScientist903 said:

Hello, follow the below link to copy your save files from PS4 to a usb disk. Then you can attach them here when sending a post or upload to wetransfer like i did, and paste wetansfer link here.

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Manage-PS4-Saved-Data-on-USB-Storage?language=en_US 

Thank you @TheScientist903, ive added this to the internal report. If anyone else can do the same, its really appreciated. If we can get as many saves as possible, it improves our chances of finding the issue.

Copying over the save to a USB stick was easy enough, but it's been a real struggle transferring it across to my laptop, so I haven't even been able to open the links but I really hope they work and are useful, especially if there's now a risk that the problem can't even be solved which would be an absolute disaster.

.rofile

profile.bin

• Thanks 1

i have one more from online race 

one shot 5 laps unranked

Canada

code:VEMH-HTRA-GEPH-TPMG

Edited by massa88

29 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Thank you @TheScientist903, ive added this to the internal report. If anyone else can do the same, its really appreciated. If we can get as many saves as possible, it improves our chances of finding the issue.

Hi Barry, please find my save here, hope can help your team address the root cause https://we.tl/t-TKT3t1o9Pd

• Like 1

Hi @BarryBL, I've only played MyTeam, but I'd imagine it would happen if I was to play driver career too. Think it's probably linked to our particular games, rather than just a specific game mode.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, LukeyboiWalker said:

Hi @BarryBL, I've only played MyTeam, but I'd imagine it would happen if I was to play driver career too. Think it's probably linked to our particular games, rather than just a specific game mode.

i agree with you because i have in all game modes offline grand prix,online ranked or unranked lobbies,i also try my team one race had same,i need to try normal  career to confirm all

More dev feedback: 

Are you using a wheel? If so, which. If not, please state how you are driving on track. Many thanks 👍

I use Logitech f310 controller and auto gearbox

Edited by massa88

34 minutes ago, massa88 said:

I use Logitech f310 controller and auto gearbox

1597333204714.jpg.24099861d81adbc54e47638c6d043024.jpg

And I'm using a Thrustmaster T150 wheel with manual gears, completely the opposite to @massa88, again backing up my point thinking that we can start narrowing it down to it probably being some sort of coding in some peoples particular game causing the problem, rather than the equipment they use or game mode they play?

Edited by LukeyboiWalker

43 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

More dev feedback: 

Are you using a wheel? If so, which. If not, please state how you are driving on track. Many thanks 👍

I am using the PS4 controller. Auto gears. I use R2 for throttle but square for brakes. Can this be the issue, as square is an analog button? You can only break hard.

34 minutes ago, TheScientist903 said:

I am using the PS4 controller. Auto gears. I use R2 for throttle but square for brakes. Can this be the issue, as square is an analog button? You can only break hard.

i think that is not the problem
i asked my friend who play on keyboard how much gearbox wear has after i think it was 10 laps i had 45 he 5%
i also use square for brake A for throttle

• Agree 1