Jump to content Jump to content

Gearbox Wear in MyTeam Master Thread

@BarryBL, I might have info for you

•  Can we get the game-mode in which your report was based off?
    MyTeam mode started since 10th July so this save game is from pre 1.05
    50% race btw
  •  Does the issue happen for you in every session, or just some? Cover as much detail here if possible please, so all modes, percentages.
    Previously i reported after 1.05 update that it wasn't fix despite having Gearbox level 2 durability upgrade.
    Here comes the interesting part. **All this happens after 1.05**
    I went into Monza with a new gearbox after 1.05 for Quali and Race and the result is 48% wear in 1 race
    After that i used the same gearbox for Singapore and ended at 80% wear for 2 races.
    After that i upgraded my driver perks to Level 2 for Engine Wear and new gearbox
    Completed Russia, Japan & USA - Total wear 49% for 3 races

Update: Next race in Mexico - FP3, Q1, Q2 Q3 & Race on that same gearbox... the wear went up to 97% all in 1 mexico
  •  Assist combinations, in particular things that would be gearbox related?
    Anti lock, traction control med and the rest are off.
  •  Screenshots are useful too, and I feel we may end up asking for savegames too at a point
    Here are the screenshots to all my gearbox this season

20200725094424_1.jpg

20200725094425_1.jpg

20200725094426_1.jpg

20200725094427_1.jpg

20200725094428_1.jpg

20200725094429_1.jpg

20200725121007_1.jpg

Edited by Ahfrey
Update
  • Can we get the game-mode in which your report was based off?

MyTeam 

•  Does the issue happen for you in every session, or just some? Cover as much detail here if possible please, so all modes, percentages.

My gearbox issues have occurred in every session, however the event gearbox always wears a lot more than the practice gearbox. I cannot get more than 2 races out of my gearbox before needing to change it. Wear ranges from anywhere between 40% - 88% each race. I have only raced up to Hungary so far, wear hasn't been great on any track, but wear seems to be worse on tracks that needs a lot more shifting such as Australia, Hungary and especially Bahrain. 

The most worrying aspect is that I have Level 2 of durability and Level 1 Engine Wear Perk fitted to my car and character and it hasn't made the slightest bit of difference? I have have had to sacrifice developing the car making my team comfortably the slowest on the grid now to focus all my attention on making the car more durable, but it hasn't made a difference and it all seems like it's been a waste of time right now! 

I race on 100% length and I have the Honda engine in the car.

Anti lock brakes, full traction control, Manual and suggested gear, no steering assist

•  Screenshots are useful too, and I feel we may end up asking for savegames too at a point

You can't see all my gearboxes, because I've been through that many!! But here is my latest one from Hungary with 74% wear with Level 2 durability upgrade and Engine Perk Level 1. 

Please note; the wear isn't including FP3 and Qualifying as I took the penalty before the race and is only from the 100% race

166F080A-5F88-44D5-8E25-083D5DFC7054.jpeg

Edited by LukeyboiWalker

Can we get the game-mode in which your report was based off?

My Team, 

Does the issue happen for you in every session, or just some? Cover as much detail here if possible please, so all modes, percentages.

Every session and experience anything between 3-8% wear per lap depending on track. I cannot get more than 1 full race out of a gear box and now find myself fitting a new gear box each race weekend otherwise the second race with the same gearbox is almost always guaranteed to be a DNF. I am in my second season and still no change despite numerous durability upgrades.

Gearbox is currently 65% after first race of second season in Australia taking into account that i also skipped qualifying!

i race 25% race, full qualifying, Mercedes engine.

Assist combinations, in particular things that would be gearbox related?

ABS, full traction control, auto gears, ps4 controller

Screenshots are useful too, and I feel we may end up asking for savegames too at a point

N/A

Update: Since posting yesterday, I managed to get the Gearbox Durability 3 on the car and yet again it only lasted 2 races! Spa was only 26% wear which is nowhere near good enough for Level 3 durability but progress nonetheless. However, I carried the gearbox over to Monza and it went up to 100% and DNF'd a few laps before the end of the race!

Seriously, what is the issue here? This is simply not good enough and infuriating now.

877F056E-48A7-485F-8945-1232E53757C9.jpeg

Edited by LukeyboiWalker

A little update to add to my earlier post:

Can we get the game-mode in which your report was based off?

My Team on Xbox One.

Does the issue happen for you in every session, or just some? Cover as much detail here if possible please, so all modes, percentages.

This is a save that I began pretty much as soon as the Schumacher Edition came out. Prior to my Azerbaijan GP, the high wear seemed to be very inconsistent. At Monaco, for example, the wear on the Practice and Event Gearboxes during practice and qualifying was very high, but during the race it seemed to be more reasonable (see my earlier post). However, at Azerbaijan the high wear was prevalent in every session. The Practice Gearbox wore at a rate of 1.27% per lap, and the Event Gearbox wore at a rate of 1.03% per lap, even during the race. I was using Control Electronics components with about 60% wear for the entire race weekend. Please see my screenshots for more detail. I feel like my upshift timing is fine; perhaps my downshifts can be a bit aggressive, but even so it should not cause this level of wear. For context, I am using the Mercedes engine, with one gearbox durability upgrade fitted and I have Level 1 Engine Mapping as a Driver Perk. 

Assist combinations, in particular things that would be gearbox related?

Manual Gears, ABS On, Medium Traction Control. If it is related, although it may not be, I am using Simulation Damage. I am using the Logitech G920 wheel with the paddle shifters.

Screenshots are useful too, and I feel we may end up asking for savegames too at a point

1667703356_GearboxWear-AzerbaijanFP1.thumb.JPG.a87d0a9a133acdb7a340f17012cb2507.JPG

Fresh Practice Gearbox for FP1. I did the Track Acclimatisation and Tyre Wear programmes. Accumulated wear at a rate of 1.3% per lap (including in- and out-laps).

1782481084_GearboxWear-AzerbaijanFP2.thumb.JPG.20b3b8688d34cb1cea5e98d62f159133.JPG

In FP2, I did the ERS Management and Race Pace programmes. Accumulated wear at a rate of 1.25% per lap (including in- and out-laps).

148495560_GearboxWear-AzerbaijanFP3.thumb.JPG.a6c7264740d3f59e49c049c524143595.JPG

Fitted the Event Gearbox used in Spain and Monaco, starting on 47% wear. In FP3, I did the Fuel Management and Qualifying Pace programmes. Accumulated wear at a rate of 1.11% per lap (including in- and out-laps).

718721486_GearboxWear-AzerbaijanQualifying.thumb.JPG.f774aba5c1b02cb0e9b95721d8186a11.JPG

In Qualifying, I did Q1 and Q2. Accumulated wear at a rate of 0.89% per lap (including in- and out-laps).

2123821497_GearboxWear-AzerbaijanRace.thumb.JPG.2b3af8eb78528c92e9fc20847e1b0941.JPG

In the Race, I had gearbox issues for a couple of laps early on, before it pretty much jammed on Lap 15. Retired from the race halfway round Lap 16. Accumulated wear at a rate of 1.03% per lap (including formation lap).

I hope that you guys find something wrong during your analysis. At the moment, I think this is the biggest game-breaking issue and I don't know what exactly was fixed in Patch 1.05, but I feel like it may have actually made the wear worse. If you do require savegames, then I'll need some guidance on how to obtain them. I hope this helps!

• Agree 1

I'm not just having the gearbox issue with MyTeam but also online at certain tracks. Mainly Bahrain I have noticed it (due to practice for a league race). At the end of a 50% race, my gearbox is at 80%+ wear. I'm losing gears with 4/5 laps to go.

I'm having the same issues in MyTeam where every two races I am going through a gearbox.

PS4 Pro

Wheel - Logitech G29 (manual gears)

F1 2020 1.05

Image attached shows my gearbox after a practice run. My gear changes are less than what auto runs on a lap yet people on pad with auto gears seem to have hardly any wear.

7D0E1833-F203-4092-B1AE-2AD9EB665FEE.jpeg

I’ve experienced this one for the first time today too. My first gearbox was going nicely for the first four races of the season, in the fifth race the wear jumped right up to 70% wear. Figured I’d better take the pain of the penalty in Spain and have a new one. Did the Spanish GP and the new one is on 25% wear already. Not as bad as some other people but still not ideal. The first gearbox after Australia was on about 12%.

I can do a bug report but I doubt it’s really necessary now, enough others have already done it and the devs are well aware.

• Agree 1
  •  MyTeam mode/22 race season/50%races, PC on every game version since launch. Haven't tried 1.06 yet.
  •  Yes, gearbox wear is generally high. Gearbox 1, 2 and 3 lasted 3 races each, gearbox 4 lasted 4 races and gearbox 5 is on course for 3 races with 49% wear after 2 races. The other gearboxes are at around 75% wear. Lowest amount of wear I've seen after a race weekend was 17%, the highest something in the thirties. I'm using the Honda power unit and have no gearbox specific durability upgrades, just the upgrades provided by Honda and the first general durability upgrade. Based on what I've read on other forums and seen from youtubers it might be related to the use of flashbacks. 
  •  No assists besides manual gears with suggested gear.
Edited by GnrDreagon
On 7/25/2020 at 3:36 AM, Ahfrey said:

@BarryBL, I might have info for you

MyTeam mode started since 10th July so this save game is from pre 1.05
    50% race btw
    Previously i reported after 1.05 update that it wasn't fix despite having Gearbox level 2 durability upgrade.
    Here comes the interesting part. **All this happens after 1.05**
    I went into Monza with a new gearbox after 1.05 for Quali and Race and the result is 48% wear in 1 race
    After that i used the same gearbox for Singapore and ended at 80% wear for 2 races.
    After that i upgraded my driver perks to Level 2 for Engine Wear and new gearbox
    Completed Russia, Japan & USA - Total wear 49% for 3 races

Update: Next race in Mexico - FP3, Q1, Q2 Q3 & Race on that same gearbox... the wear went up to 97% all in 1 mexico
    Anti lock, traction control med and the rest are off.
    Here are the screenshots to all my gearbox this season

20200725121007_1.jpg

7045900943_5761208e4f.jpg

I knew it was bad, but not that bad.

1.       Hello! i have a big problem with my gearbox and is frustrating because from season one ( all normal) i switched from 25% to 50% and now after 3 races my gearbox is at 90 percent and i have my durability at level 2 so i don`t understand, do i have to restart a new carrer mode or there is a way to fix? please help

2.       Platform:PC
3.      Version of the game: 1.06 (but the career what started at the launch of the game.       

4.       Game-mode: my team
5.       What are your replication numbers? i dont know
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? i tried to find what to do online but in this i didn`t find an answer
7.       What peripherals are you are using: xbox gamepad
please help

Edited by ZeroNihilus

1.       Hello! i have a big problem with my gearbox and is frustrating because from season one ( all normal) i switched from 25% to 50% and now after 3 races my gearbox is at 80 percent and i have my durability at level 2 so i don`t understand, do i have to start a new career mode or there is a way to fix? please help (and just to compare my first half of the season with 25 percent races i was playng with a gearbox for 7 races now for 2 is already too much (= )

2.       Platform:PC
3.      Version of the game: 1.06 (but the career what started at the launch of the game.       

4.       Game-mode: my team
5.       What are your replication numbers? i dont know
6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? i tried to find what to do online but in this i didn`t find an answer
7.       What peripherals are you are using: xbox gamepad
please help

Edited by ZeroNihilus
9 hours ago, Goggz98 said:

Just read the patch notes for 1.06 and no mention of this issue being fixed? Surely an issue that makes the game unplayable would be more important than having the black Mercedes? 

I think they just couldn't fix it by the time of the update. I hope they are at least working on it.

18 hours ago, CSBGJimboMansi said:

I'm not just having the gearbox issue with MyTeam but also online at certain tracks. Mainly Bahrain I have noticed it (due to practice for a league race). At the end of a 50% race, my gearbox is at 80%+ wear. I'm losing gears with 4/5 laps to go.

I'm having the same issues in MyTeam where every two races I am going through a gearbox.

PS4 Pro

Wheel - Logitech G29 (manual gears)

F1 2020 1.05

Image attached shows my gearbox after a practice run. My gear changes are less than what auto runs on a lap yet people on pad with auto gears seem to have hardly any wear.

7D0E1833-F203-4092-B1AE-2AD9EB665FEE.jpeg

at least i am not alone who has this on online

I am on PC

use auto gearbox

controler

hardly finish 25% race

50% impossible at the moment

Be great to have an idea of when this will be solved, can't really play the game yet without this fix which is gutting. Has anyone tried deleting save games, whole game and downloading and going again as for the first time? Debating giving this a go.. Not sure I'll loose things I've purchased on pod pass.. 

On 7/24/2020 at 2:11 PM, BarryBL said:

To update here,

I've spoke to the devs and it's something we will want to investigate, as we suspect there is a issue independent of the fix we added into 1.05. If you could provide the following information, it will really help our testing team try to find the affected instances. For example, with @massa88's post:

If I have more requested information, I'll add a new post. (Massa, you don't need to do it for your example again, got the info)

So having issues in My Team pre and post recent patch aswell as solo career in F2 races. Recent  I cannot get past first race without gbox failure (Ps4 auto gearbox 25% dist using controller not wheel assist wise traction full, abs on, that's it) having played 2018 game had no issues like this with excessive gbox wear. Will take some screenshots. 

I have this same issue in My Team. Currently at Monza in season 1 and on my 7th gearbox. I will probably need to take the 8th one in Singapore or else I'll have problems during the race. I have some durability upgrades installed but they don't seem to be making a difference.

Standard PS4

G29 - no driving assists

25% races

Edited by MikeV27

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

My event gearbox is wearing out way too fast since Patch 1.05 was released. I played the first four races prior to 1.05, and was averaging around 12-13% gearbox wear per race, which would’ve seen me through the mandatory six races before changing. Then 1.05 downloaded and my wear was 20% in one race which took me up to 70% wear. So I took the hit of the penalty for Race 6 in Spain, and after that one race I was at 25%, and after Monaco I’m now at 47% wear. So wear now is approximately double what it was per race before 1.05 downloaded. I did notice during qualifying it was adding around 3% wear per run, ie. out lap, hot lap, in lap. It wasn’t doing anything like that much previously.

2.       Platform

PS4

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

1.05. The problem has only occurred since it was released.

4.       Game-mode? 

My Team. Honda engine, 22 race season.

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

I’m just playing on through the season to see how it changes. Will take another penalty in Canada, after just three races with this gearbox I imagine.

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

I’ve tried changing my driving style a bit and short shifting more but I’m not sure that’s got a lot to do with it. 

7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

I’m using Fanatec CSL Elite F1 wheel, wheelbase and pedals. 

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

I’ve attached two images, screenshots taken after the Spanish GP weekend showing wear on my first and second gearboxes.

FC5203AF-290C-4043-AA18-D0551A3D21ED.jpeg

D5BC4BA6-80A5-42BF-A251-DE8746246B66.jpeg

I play F1 2020 in PS4 generaly with controller and Auto gearbox, and my gear box wear is +/- 10% per lap. When I play with the G29 wheel and auto gearbox, the gearbox wear bug disapear. I think this is a bug with the controller when we brake, the gearbox auto gear down in a way not similar then the brake pedals.

I hope to help someone.

• Disagree 1
  • BarryBL unpinned this topic