Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 | PITCOINS NOW ASSIGNED - ONLINE SERVICES BACK ONLINE| READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Missing Commentary in Practice and Qualifying

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

I am missing commentary in Practice 1 and Qualifying when playing My Team
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

3.       Game-mode? 

My Team
4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Both Australia and Bahrain has this issue, not sure about the rest
5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

None
6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

N/A
7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears

27 minutes ago, Hengz said:

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

I am missing commentary in Practice 1 and Qualifying when playing My Team
2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

3.       Game-mode? 

My Team
4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Both Australia and Bahrain has this issue, not sure about the rest
5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

None
6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

N/A
7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears

You need to post a dxdiag as audio devices are likely a factor.

Also you need to tell us what you have tried. Because it works best when this is a two way street, thanks.

@steviejay69 I not too sure why you said that audio devices is a factor cause when i said no commentary, I meant that there were no audio and subititles for the commentators. It was just a very short cutscene and the session starts straight away.

I did not try anything as I thought it was just a bug from the game. 

Hope I cleared any misunderstanding

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Hengz said:

@steviejay69 I not too sure why you said that audio devices is a factor cause when i said no commentary, I meant that there were no audio and subititles for the commentators. It was just a very short cutscene and the session starts straight away.

I did not try anything as I thought it was just a bug from the game. 

Hope I cleared any misunderstanding

It would have been simpler to simply list the audio devices you have and an indication of platform would not go amiss, thanks.

Edit: you are on PC Steam

Edited by steviejay69

I am not sure if they removed it on purpose. I did not skip them on my side as I liked the cut scenes at the pit lane. :)

At least for the qualifying it would be nice to have them back. 

1 hour ago, PaddySk said:

I am not sure if they removed it on purpose. I did not skip them on my side as I liked the cut scenes at the pit lane. 🙂

At least for the qualifying it would be nice to have them back. 

I’m having the same issues

The Practice session video shows the issue. I have experienced it in qualifying too. Seems like invitational events in career mode has the same issue.

The Race session video shows the commentary working perfectly fine (i just skipped it to reduce the time of the video)

I don't think it's a bug but a design choice, they seem to have left the commentary for the race only this year. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Hengz said:

here it is

DxDiag.txt

You have multiple sound sources. 

For testing can you;

Remove the webcam, uninstall any audio or sound processing software.

Pick a default playback and default communications device in Windows, disabling any unused ones (e.g. GPU Audio driver)

Delete the hardware_settings_config.xml when not running and relaunch the game.

Check the audio options in F1 2020 match your default.

Thanks.

yeah no commentary for the free practice and qualifying introductions on ps4 v1.04

I assumed that it was by design myself. Bigger things for them to be looking into / fixing imo

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I have tried all my sound coming just through my tv. No commentary.

Tried it with my headphones plugged in and all the sound coming through there. Still no sound. 

Tried splitting the sounds with HP and TV. Still nothing. 

And before you ask I've unplugged all devices and tried them one by one. Still no sound. 

It's a bug 

Ps4. 

Edited by inspiretheworld

I doubt that this is a bug.

Nobody will hear commentary in any session except the race because they removed it. I'm wondering that Codemasters assumes it is redundant.

We should be able to choose whether we skip it or not. 

Hello F1 2020 is amazing! But lots of Bugs!Audio the biggest? Yes Xbox one version as well no Commentary during day 1 practice cinematic.  Qualifying as well,  Race Day it works Davidson and Croft commentary.  Pit options during race ? Jeff suggests a different pit strategy? But no change only 1 choice the current pit strategy for next stop ? Update 1.06 the newest one !

Posted (edited)

I don't think it's a bug, but a deliberate design choice. The video sequences are completely different, and music is playing while they are shown, which would interfere with the commentary anyway. I think the Codies simply did away with some of the commentary. And let's face it, the vast majority of it was pretty redundant anyway, so it's not that I'm exactly missing it ...

Edited by ostendorfjens
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ostendorfjens said:

I don't think it's a bug, but a deliberate design choice. The video sequences are completely different, and music is playing while they are shown, which would interfere with the commentary anyway. I think the Codies simply did away with some of the commentary. And let's face it, the vast majority of it was pretty redundant anyway, so it's not that I'm exactly missing it ...

Definitely a design choice, and one that I like. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

With @CarloLewis on this one. Yeah, I miss them for the immersion factor but the more hours I log into the series, the more that factor starts to weight against the experience if not enough variability is thrown in the mix. F1 2019 was my first entry in the series and I cal tell you I was getting tired of the "hey mate, what compound of tyres do you think they'll sport on their qualy runs?" skit already. 

The lack of AI weaving and the colored smoke trail on race day though? That's a bug report you can bet your sweaty backside I'm filing in pretty soon. I just need to stop playing and enjoying the game so much to find the time to fill in the template to do so, but that's unacceptable! I rather not having any planes at all for environmental reasons than to have plain ones with no bling whatsoever going over my head on the starting grid.

Edited by marioho
  • Agree 1