F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Myteam career question

I have a question about the myteam career mode

I have just completed my career on f1 2018 (it took me 18 months as I was doing full races!). So after early sackings at Renault and McLaren, in season 3 I went to Williams. I developed them into the top team by season 6 taking a single win that season. With the car maxed out during season 7 the car slipped back down the order to last as I couldn’t upgrade the car anymore and no regulation change coming for season 8. So I was forced to move on from Williams to be competitive, joined Mercedes and won another 8 races in season 8 and 9 but no championship, then a last hurrah at Ferrari for season 10 saw no further wins but I did help Vettel win his 5th championship in game….

Which leads me to my question. I myteam I am assuming you cant move to another team. So once you ‘max’ out your car you may have the best car but then will be overtaken and slip to the bottom for the last 3 or 4 seasons, as the base rating of your team must be the lowest. There will be nothing you can do about it and you cant move to a competitive team, unless you get a regulation change but that will only give you a boost at the start of a season. Makes me wonder whether to start a myteam career or not (especially as it takes my so long to play a career!) – not sure I want to reach a later season and stuck in a uncompetitive car….

Has this occurred to anyonelse or am I wrong here?

• Agree 3

Hopefully there is something in place to prevent this. Its definitely a worry for me too.

Maybe @BarryBL can tell us more about if and how Codemasters has implemented this in My Team? 

It would be awful if people lose interest in a mode because you've reached the limit of development before the career is over.

I just hope the department regulation changes are more frequent and adaptations more expensive, so we have some more "resets" to shake things up. 

Apart from the maxing out issue, I felt the cars would also become just too quick compared to the base performance, seconds quicker than a Merc in TT. With this new, much faster handling model the speed could get out of hand even more quickly without frequent department resets.

• Agree 3

Yeah the regulation changes are designed to prevent this but unfortunately if you've got a maxed out car it's too easy to prevent any losses.