F1 2020 Codemasters Anti Cheat Measures

43 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

"Its naive to think your in much of a better position just because a couple of unreachable times have been deleted."

There was a Featured Event in 2019 where if CM didn't delete 2 players that obviously cheated. I would have finished 5th rather than 3rd. So yes because of that I was factually in a better position. Most likely the correct position.

Edited by Mike5500

19 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

No. You're acting as if I think everything will be perfect with obvious cheats removed, when I've repeatedly said I don't.

No. I said it makes zero difference.

Well, technically, you may get bumped up a couple of positions.

1 minute ago, SIMRACER123 said:

No. I said it makes zero difference.

Well, technically, you may get bumped up a couple of positions.

Now that is an actual contradiction

unfortunately after 10 seconds search on google you can find several cheats/trainers for f1 2020 .

I hope CM will find a solution for this problem because TT is fun but ,  when you see that the top 10 times at Zandvoort (PC) are probably not legit then its time to act CM !

I Like to see a time trial without  "assist" and anti-cheat measurements 😙

Edited by Eenzeenz
  • Agree 2

The TT board is completely ridiculous with one returning name from the 2019 version also. Why is that person not banned by now is a mystery. He's not only using the cheats, but distributes it also.

Perhaps, the easiest thing Codemasters can do is force known creaters to start at the back as a warning, disqualify a cheater after one infraction, and assess a three postion time penalty, if they manage to finish the race. As for TT, CM might be invalidating times now because I just saw a 1:32.800 with penalties somewhere on Xbox. The best clean lap there was 1:37.842.

Edited by TurkeySloth2107

Not to pull a dramatic online racer skit here, but known cheaters should be straight out banned. Permanently. Just it. They breached the online functionality's terms of use and conduct. That's a grave offense.

Key word here though, known cheaters. Meaning verified. Not "I'm a hardcore driver and my time is way slower there is no way this guy did not cheat" cheaters.

• Agree 3

I started to do the weekly event until I saw the names at the top of the leaderboard.  I did two practice sessions (putting in a fair amount of effort after bumping up the difficulty) before I noticed my effort was pointless.

I'll just stick with career and ignore every other multiplayer aspect because quite frankly what is the point if we're not on a level playing field?  I'll never be as fast as the aliens which is 100% fine and the way it should be, but flat out cheating just renders the whole online experience completely meaningless.

If I was the developer I'd be more cheesed off with the cheaters than we are.

• Agree 2

On 7/20/2020 at 6:55 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

To update here, we are looking into measures in place for Cheaters on our games and working to improve them. We have, with Community help and feedback, identified cheating measures and are working hard to counter them

thanks, i know it is not an easy thing, but we hope it will be resolved soon.

unfortunately I have the impression that this year there is something wrong. I think this is more serious than usual. many players have noticed the fake times in Time Trials and found that they can also be used in multiplayer sessions.
it happens to me every day to see players who, perhaps frustrated or not satisfied with their performance, suddenly within 24 hours, lower their times by 1sec. this after they had failed in a whole month.

there is a risk of ruining the online leagues and the whole game in general.

Edited by karnak07

7 hours ago, karnak07 said:
thanks, i know it is not an easy thing, but we hope it will be resolved soon.

unfortunately I have the impression that this year there is something wrong. I think this is more serious than usual. many players have noticed the fake times in Time Trials and found that they can also be used in multiplayer sessions.
it happens to me every day to see players who, perhaps frustrated or not satisfied with their performance, suddenly within 24 hours, lower their times by 1sec. this after they had failed in a whole month.

there is a risk of ruining the online leagues and the whole game in general.

This is what I've brought up and warned for. Leaving the results in the leaderboards will inspire more people to get into this cheating practise since it seems to be without risc to use these cheats. It's getting out of control and I've lost interest in all online racing because of this. I just don't want to waste my time practising, finding the best setup for me and all that knowing I can't win even if I'm the best driver on track.

@BarryBL This may be too ambitious, but I’d love to see comprehensive, cross-platform measures that include outright bans for cheaters who refuse to reform. The ambitious part is extending the bans into future digital purchases of games in the series. Perhaps, much easier than that would be assessing a massive time penalty and invalidating laps in time trial mode.

Edited by TurkeySloth2107
Fixed Barry's ping because my phone wouldn't load the list

they may not be deliberately cheating, 

I had a similar top 10 time last year  

I accidentally went through a chicane and the time stayed on f12019, 

You could clearly see where the lap sector time jumps 5 seconds advancement, 

I obviously couldn't beat that time and only came to understand why a few weeks later, 

Yet i did not cheat or was doing that, I even posted about it, 

The France 🇫🇷 circuit was famous for driving flat out around the outside of the track for fastest lap

So do people cheat, yeah some do but far more people don't cheat .

Its like is you suddenly get the cheats for call of duty or GTA. 

There fun at 1st but then they spoil the game and you then you don't bother to play it,

( Personally I am against any form of cheating and you should be banned from that platform either for a month or 6 months, )

Cheating don't get you anyway 

Edited by senna94f1
Cheats should be banned for 1 month,

It should be noted that none of the Cheat Engine stuff can be used with the online portion of the game. It simply doesn't work that way. I see a lot of people in here claiming to have "Googled" things, but apparently didn't get any further than reading the headlines of the search results themselves.

F1 2020, as with the three games before it, all employ DRM whenever you connect to the servers. That means any hint or whiff of something like Cheat Engine that hooks into the game processes in system memory, will automatically get you flagged, and as with games like Forza Horizon 4, get you instantly and irrevocably banned.

Now the cheaters could be, and probably are, using glitches in the game engine (such as the flashback bug), which is supposedly something CM are (were?) looking in to, but if you want to report people for something, and you expect to be taken remotely seriously, it would be best not to rant and rave about things you clearly have zero knowledge of. It would also be best not to start naming names and declaring you have proof, when what you have is absolutely nothing of the sort.

Just report them to CM, and hope that they deal with it. Naming people just encourages intellectually stunted nitwits to dogpile others, resulting in a toxic community. No-one wants that.

EDIT: Because I like to show my workings out https://www.reddit.com/r/F1Game/comments/ifdk5l/banned_from_f1_2020_online/

One of hundreds of similar threads bemoaning bans that occurred thanks to the anti-cheat.

Edited by AdmiralDonut
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Cheats are a thing and if I'm not mistaken CM themselves have admitted that they're kind of in a pickle regarding those cheats that work with the files loaded on the RAM, as if they adopted any of major solutions out there the experience would take a hit for those playing on Mac or Linux just to begin with, something like that. 

I agree with the sentiment though. Ranting consumes the community as most often than not they're not simply reporting a glitch or a cheat, but unloading their frustration. It's like sitting next to an arguing couple on a restaurant, it just embitters food in your mouth.

Now reporting is way different than ranting.

CM is lagging behind in not putting in place proper channels for reports of this kind. We should be able to flag possible cheaters either in game or through a dedicated channel.

• Agree 1

I suspect one of the players in my race during last weeks weekly. He came up behind me crazy fast and the engine noise was just like in one of the videos previously posted on the forum. It sounded really weird. He was such a ****** driver though he still ended up behind me. I did record the race so I might cut it out and send to CM because it was really fishy.

Simple:

1. Do your career/team or other single player feature, enjoy the game, it's only a game cheating vs a computer is pointless anyway. 
  2. Time trials ignore anything faster than the named E-sports drivers. Anyone who wants to claim a times faster than those folks needs to do it on camera in an e-sports event. Just assume anything else is a cheat. 
  3. Multiplayer on a platform that allows cheating is 100% pointless. Either multiplayer should be dropped from 2021 so they can put the time into features for the things that do work or they should fix the cheating. iRacing for multiplayer.

• Agree 1

On 9/19/2020 at 6:24 PM, AdmiralDonut said:

It should be noted that none of the Cheat Engine stuff can be used with the online portion of the game. It simply doesn't work that way. I see a lot of people in here claiming to have "Googled" things, but apparently didn't get any further than reading the headlines of the search results themselves.

F1 2020, as with the three games before it, all employ DRM whenever you connect to the servers. That means any hint or whiff of something like Cheat Engine that hooks into the game processes in system memory, will automatically get you flagged, and as with games like Forza Horizon 4, get you instantly and irrevocably banned.

Now the cheaters could be, and probably are, using glitches in the game engine (such as the flashback bug), which is supposedly something CM are (were?) looking in to, but if you want to report people for something, and you expect to be taken remotely seriously, it would be best not to rant and rave about things you clearly have zero knowledge of. It would also be best not to start naming names and declaring you have proof, when what you have is absolutely nothing of the sort.

Just report them to CM, and hope that they deal with it. Naming people just encourages intellectually stunted nitwits to dogpile others, resulting in a toxic community. No-one wants that.

EDIT: Because I like to show my workings out https://www.reddit.com/r/F1Game/comments/ifdk5l/banned_from_f1_2020_online/

One of hundreds of similar threads bemoaning bans that occurred thanks to the anti-cheat.

I'm not aware of any proper anti-cheat software being included with the game. The only way I've seen people get banned is a manual ban 😕

Most complaints about the system are talking about the system that validates the game's files when going online. It doesn't ban a single person, only kicks them for "cheating"

I'd expect most cheats to just modify the game's memory