Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2020 Codemasters Anti Cheat Measures


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Out of interest, are cheat mods principally a PC problem or are they prevalent on consoles too?

The leader on PS4 is 270,000 points ahead of the realistic scores that are next which are P10 327k to P2 344k. So yes cheaters are on all platforms. This is current as of now

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike5500 said:

The leader on PS4 is 270,000 points ahead of the realistic scores that are next which are P10 327k to P2 344k. So yes cheaters are on all platforms. This is current as of now

I wonder if one obvious cheat is less common than on the equivalent PC leaderboard?

Edited by Ultra3142
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I wonder if one obvious cheat less common than on the equivalent PC leaderboard?

From what I saw from last week's PC Leaderboard results. PC have got it the worst. The whole top 13 had cheated. And I couldn't see how far down the Leaderboard the cheat scores went. I assume top 20 or so cheated. You had a qualy time of 1:44 in France and they were in top 10 lol. I could stop for coffee and still manage a 1:44 there. It really needs to be tackled by staff once and for all

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Did CODEMASTERS ever respond to this?

I actually saw an article in my google news app where there showed a number of users doing this with a similar cheat, unlimited tyre grip.

This is actually fraudulent ugainst us all that have paid out money and spend hours and hours trying to put together THE BEST lap.

Codemasters need to do something tout sweet as they will lose customers and reputation if they don't. I am furious, spent a LOT of money on this setup to try and make my way into F1 ESports only to find if your not cheating your not at the top of the time sheets, your not getting an invite!

https://www.grandprix247.com/2020/07/14/f1-2020-online-cheating-could-tarnishes-release-week/

There lots of articles about at the moment.

Maybe time to look at iRacer.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akaVintz said:

 

This is actually fraudulent ugainst us all that have paid out money and spend hours and hours trying to put together THE BEST lap.

Codemasters need to do something tout sweet as they will lose customers and reputation if they don't. I am furious, spent a LOT of money on this setup to try and make my way into F1 ESports only to find if your not cheating your not at the top of the time sheets, your not getting an invite

Well said 👍 it's becoming laughable at what they let people get away with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

Hi everyone,

To update here, we are looking into measures in place for Cheaters on our games and working to improve them. We have, with Community help and feedback, identified cheating measures and are working hard to counter them

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Monitor the Leaderboards. You can put all the measures in place you want. You claim to have measures in place right now that you are looking to improve.. those measures clearly do absolutely nada. So why should we believe improving those measures will be any better? There were 3 cheaters overall in this week's Britain GP on PS4. You removed 1 on Saturday. 2 more people cheated on the Sunday and they were not removed so you have P1 and P2 going to cheaters.. obvious cheaters I might add. All the company had to do was remove the 2 before the Event ended and problem ACTIVELY solved without "measures" that clearly won't work. I just don't understand why something we know will stop cheaters from winning (by monitoring and removing from the Leaderboard) is being ignored as a solution. It appears that is the only actionable solution to ensuring cheaters don't get away with it.

  • Disagree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mike5500 said:

You claim to have measures in place right now that you are looking to improve.. those measures clearly do absolutely nada.

Realistically you don't know this. The problem could be far worse without them. What is true is they don't prevent all cheating.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

What is true is they don't prevent all cheating.

That's why I suggested an actionable solution that does work. All it requires is a little bit of someone's time. We all know measures don't work. Simply eliminate them from the Leaderboards before the Event ends. This is being made more difficult then needed

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike5500 said:

That's why I suggested an actionable solution that does work. All it requires is a little bit of someone's time. We all know measures don't work. Simply eliminate them from the Leaderboards before the Event ends. This is being made more difficult then needed

What is really needed is to prevent them getting on the leaderboard in the first place, which I think is what Barry was referring to. Yes obvious cheat times should be removed as well but this won't prevent more subtle cheaters from finishing top.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ultra3142 said:

What is really needed is to prevent them getting on the leaderboard in the first place, which I think is what Barry was referring to. Yes obvious cheat times should be removed as well but this won't prevent more subtle cheaters from finishing top.

Right now we're not dealing with subtle cheaters. So we cross that bridge if and when we get to it. Right now we're dealing with obvious cheaters so at this point in time, my suggestion will tackle the issue that we currently face. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mike5500 said:

Right now we're not dealing with subtle cheaters. So we cross that bridge if and when we get to it. Right now we're dealing with obvious cheaters so at this point in time, my suggestion will tackle the issue that we currently face. 

You don't know there aren't more subtle cheaters currently so I wouldn't personally want to discourage any work to prevent this. This can be in addition to removing obvious cheat times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

This can be in addition to removing obvious cheat times.

I agree with you on this. The problem is removing obvious cheat times is a known checkmark in terms of success and it's not being done. If you want progress, you have to start somewhere. And doing nothing or doing it half @$$ is not a good start in trying to solve this issue. We all want the same thing here. Cheating to stop and the Leaderboards to be pure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lakrits said:

Can't see any obvious cheater on PC leaderboard for this weekend. Don't know if there's been any or if the codies already removed them.

It's possible they've been removed. They've removed 1 of the 2 from the PS4 Leaderboard today. The 1st place guy is now someone who didn't even set a qualy time and used 2 assists and somehow managed to score 48,000 more points then the actual real 1st place guy. Not possible. It's a nice gesture but too little too late. Also the person they removed today is still listed as number 1 in the previous weeks results section. 

Edited by Mike5500
Link to post
Share on other sites

Its easy to find the cheats, if a bit time consuming.

Load up the top ghost on any track and apply their setup to your car then see how many tens of seconds you are behind them at the end of a lap!

Probably best to use the Merc or Ferrari to eliminate the car differences.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of them even admit to it on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1080110/discussions/0/2782612683734605624/?ctp=5

 

A player with multiple names doing all sorts of mental gymnastics to justify their actions.

 

A choice snippet:

"But F1 Drivers said TCS Medium was most real.
Lando? Lando can barely keep the car srt8 and agrees onto my reasons to why I use the table.
I only used Double Grip bc Ber used it to get that 1.10.738, with ALL Driver Aids.
I used the RBR16 and got 1.10.208

I have the Talent, the skill and that is why I went faster. Your insults are too yourselves, no matter how YOU ALL want to define it to make yourselves okay about it.

Deal with it, If TRL, Lando 1:1'd with me, I would beat them too. Stop it. "

Edited by JonnyHoonit
Link to post
Share on other sites

Truly pathetic. Claiming the e-sport players have some kind of magical wheel to justify his/their cheating and then claiming to be the most skilled driver.

I wonder if that previously named  character was banned because now there is a character with the same name and a 3 added after it. So, just a new account? Probably using a cracked game as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2020 at 9:12 PM, Mike5500 said:

It's possible they've been removed. They've removed 1 of the 2 from the PS4 Leaderboard today. The 1st place guy is now someone who didn't even set a qualy time and used 2 assists and somehow managed to score 48,000 more points then the actual real 1st place guy. Not possible. It's a nice gesture but too little too late. Also the person they removed today is still listed as number 1 in the previous weeks results section. 

With respect Mike, unless Codemasters are able to devise a way of preventing the game software being manipulated there is nothing you can do or expect codemasters to be able to do to resolve the situation.

Asking codemasters to delete times serves little purpose.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Codemasters have a partnership with Steam in this instance, so the onus is on Steam to provide the tools on their platform to prevent cheating.  There are two points they can be stopped/removed, Steam and in the Game.

 

What it takes is a hands-on approach and Steam/Valve has shown it is incapable of policing it's own policies via automation.  They've always had an issue with toxicity (how many racist groups exist/ed on Steam until very recently?) and it just needs a concerted effort to clean it up.  It's not like they lack resources. 

 

Codemasters at the least could do a sweep every two weeks or so and remove the obvious stuff, and most of them are incredibly obvious just by watching the ghost.

Edited by JonnyHoonit
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SIMRACER123 said:

With respect Mike, unless Codemasters are able to devise a way of preventing the game software being manipulated there is nothing you can do or expect codemasters to be able to do to resolve the situation.

Asking codemasters to delete times serves little purpose.

It actually rids the Leaderboard of cheaters so the people who don't cheat get the positions they deserve. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mike5500

During one of our 2019 GP events I had a glitch where as I was about to lap a guy with a really bad internet connection and I believe he was the host. He was in second place but as I passed him to put him a lap down too, he rage quit. The game went crazy for a split second as he quit and the next guy became the host. I ended up gaining like 5 or 10 seconds on the lap time for that one lap. When I went to look at the lap times after the event I noticed that that one lap the timing was better by this 5 or 10 seconds. All the rest of my lap times were about the same, except for my first lap and my in and out laps from pits. That lap must have errored and caused me to gain time during the host transfer. My point here being, not everyone we see with these amazing times is cheating. They may had just gotten lucky and had the same thing that happened to me happen to them. Now, I also agree with you that CM should be policing the results to look for anomalies.  As you know I work hard to be in the top 5% every week, just as you do and hate seeing these unrealistic scores. Also, I voided that event score because I knew it to be inaccurate and reran the next event. I know not everyone in the world feels the way I do and probably would have let the inaccurate score stand.  

Edited by Getts0388
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Getts0388 said:

@Mike5500

During one of our 2019 GP events I had a glitch where as I was about to lap a guy with a really bad internet connection and I believe he was the host. He was in second place but as I passed him to put him a lap down too, he rage quit. The game went crazy for a split second as he quit and the next guy became the host. I ended up gaining like 5 or 10 seconds on the lap time for that one lap. When I went to look at the lap times after the event I noticed that that one lap the timing was better by this 5 or 10 seconds. All the rest of my lap times were about the same, except for my first lap and my in and out laps from pits. That lap must have errored and caused me to gain time during the host transfer. My point here being, not everyone we see with these amazing times is cheating. They may had just gotten lucky and had the same thing that happened to me happen to them. Now, I also agree with you that CM should be policing the results to look for anomalies.  As you know I work hard to be in the top 5% every week, just as you do and hate seeing these unrealistic scores. Also, I voided that event score because I knew it to be inaccurate and reran the next event. I know not everyone in the world feels the way I do and probably would have let the inaccurate score stand.  

There can be bugs and glitches that causes things like this, no question about that, but that's an entirely different story than this is. These cheaters are making fast times everywhere and always. There's no glitch or bug behind it. It's fairly easy to make the distinction as well so I don't think you need to be afraid of anything if you don't cheat intentionally.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...