Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2020 Codemasters Anti Cheat Measures

I'll say it again. Codemasters obviously create these Events. They don't grow out of the ground. After creation of the Event. A staff member or a known member of the F1 community who is incredibly fast should then run the Event multiple times on each platform before it is given to the community so they can see a range of what the top score should be, give or take 10k. That way it isn't a question of who cheated whether purposely or not. If you have 1 or 2 that are using all Assists and they are ahead of the score the fast staffer or community member got by 50k. They've cheated. And I shouldn't have to say anything about the people who score over 300k more than the known fast players that are consistently in the top 10. Removing these people from the Leaderboards pre-events end is the only way to ensure people that didn't cheat are placed where they belong. Over the last 2 events. I've lost a total of 7 positions due to obvious cheaters not being removed pre-events end. If people want to try and moderate their cheating so they keep it within 5k of 1st place and it appears legit, so be it but I can guarantee they aren't good enough to even do that.

Edited by Mike5500
1 hour ago, Lakrits said:

There can be bugs and glitches that causes things like this, no question about that, but that's an entirely different story than this is. These cheaters are making fast times everywhere and always. There's no glitch or bug behind it. It's fairly easy to make the distinction as well so I don't think you need to be afraid of anything if you don't cheat intentionally.

@Lakrits

i just didn’t see this last year with F1 2019 on the PS4 & I agree with you Mike about there being cheaters this year. I was just trying to say that it might be possible that for some of these guys with awesome scores that it may be the game itself that caused an unearned scores and possibly someone who did not cheat on purpose. I was just trying to be fair. I do feel Mike & you have valid points that CM needs to address. 

9 minutes ago, Getts0388 said:

I was just trying to say that it might be possible that for some of these guys with awesome scores that it may be the game itself that caused an unearned scores and possibly someone who did not cheat on purpose.

They should still be deleted if it is an unattainable score for the Event. Regardless if it was on purpose or not. It would be like your teammate corking your bat and you not knowing and then saying your 4 homeruns that game should still count when you've never hit 1 in your career.

16 hours ago, Mike5500 said:

It actually rids the Leaderboard of cheaters so the people who don't cheat get the positions they deserve. 

Haha no it doesn't.

All it does is make you think its solved.

Are you really that naive to think that all other times are legit?

You talk about removing times that are far quicker than what you believe is capable but the fact of the matter is if anyone is that desperate to cheat they will easily do so by putting in deliberate times that look legit.

It's easy enough to manipulate your lap time if your competent enough if your that way inclined.

I guess what I'm trying to highlight to you is you may have 2 peoples ridiculous times being deleted but what about the other few hundred that are ahead of you that have been a bit more clever about it.

Edited by SIMRACER123

I seriously doubt there's "hundreds" that cheat and deliberately do it to not seem suspicious. A few perhaps do it like that but most go for max. It's just that most of them suck at driving so they might end up further down even if they're cheating. They cheat because they suck. If they were as good at driving as some of them (or just one) claim in a thread on Steam they wouldn't need to cheat.

37 minutes ago, Lakrits said:

I seriously doubt there's "hundreds" that cheat and deliberately do it to not seem suspicious. A few perhaps do it like that but most go for max. 

How do you know?

You don't know with any certainty thats the point.

And if even one person is able to cheat with a cleverly subtle time then there really is little point in removing times as the leaderboard will still be false.

The only difference being is it makes some people feel better if some times are removed when in fact hidden cheating is probably worse as it leaves you thinking your in the correct position when your not.

9 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

How do you know?

You don't know with any certainty thats the point.

And if even one person is able to cheat with a cleverly subtle time then there really is little point in removing times as the leaderboard will still be false.

The only difference being is it makes some people feel better if some times are removed when in fact hidden cheating is probably worse as it leaves you thinking your in the correct position when your not.

Well, I don't cheat so I can't know for sure what goes through a cheaters mind but I just don't see the point with cheating and then holding back to end up just below the top. But I guess that's just me not understanding cheating at all. Wouldn't feel any pride whatsoever getting to the top through cheating-

But what do you want, should we just accept it then?

As I see it the best way is of course if they make cheats like this impossible to use but doing nothing, and then leaving the cheaters scores/times in the leaderboards, will only send the singal that it's ok to cheat and more will do it in the end. Removing the cheater scores, even if it's only the obvious ones, sends the opposite signal, that cheating isn't ok. So, there's a bit of psychology to removing them.

Sure, the cheaters that aren't obvious will snicker and be smug about not getting detected but for those that aren't cheating but might consider to do it, it won't look like anyone's doing it and then they might not.

So yeah, I definately see a point with removing them. Leaving them will only inspire more to cheat.

• Agree 1
28 minutes ago, Lakrits said:

Well, I don't cheat so I can't know for sure what goes through a cheaters mind but I just don't see the point with cheating and then holding back to end up just below the top. But I guess that's just me not understanding cheating at all. Wouldn't feel any pride whatsoever getting to the top through cheating-

But what do you want, should we just accept it then?

As I see it the best way is of course if they make cheats like this impossible to use but doing nothing, and then leaving the cheaters scores/times in the leaderboards, will only send the singal that it's ok to cheat and more will do it in the end. Removing the cheater scores, even if it's only the obvious ones, sends the opposite signal, that cheating isn't ok. So, there's a bit of psychology to removing them.

Sure, the cheaters that aren't obvious will snicker and be smug about not getting detected but for those that aren't cheating but might consider to do it, it won't look like anyone's doing it and then they might not.

So yeah, I definately see a point with removing them. Leaving them will only inspire more to cheat.

You simply have to wait for codemasters to create a way that prevents "all" cheating.

Theres absolutely zero point in stopping "some" cheating. That achieves nothing.

Removing "some" times isn't preventing cheating. It's merely a sticking plaster to satisfy the people who aren't quite clever enough to realize that people cheating will still be up the top and will find other ways to appear there.

But hey, if it calms some people down in the interim so be it 

Edited by SIMRACER123
  • Disagree 1
25 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

Theres absolutely zero point in stopping "some" cheating. That achieves nothing.

I disagree. As above, leaving obvious cheat times there will only encourage others, and obvious cheats may also become more subtle cheats if not banned.

I see absolutely no reason whatsoever to choose to leave obvious cheat times on leaderboards.

This is not in any way to suggest this is the only issue, or to say that this should be done instead of working to prevent all cheats.

• Agree 1
13 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I disagree. As above, leaving obvious cheat times there will only encourage others, and obvious cheats may also become more subtle cheats if not banned.

I see absolutely no reason whatsoever to choose to leave obvious cheat times on leaderboards.

This is not in any way to suggest this is the only issue, or to say that this should be done instead of working to prevent all cheats.

Your entitled to say you disagree.

But lets say 20 people came on here stating they were able to use cheat software to manipulate their time to be in the top 20 and only be marginally ahead of legit times.

Would you be ok with this because the dodgy laps several seconds faster were gone?

It just seems odd for anyone to say they are ok with people cheating just so long as they can't tell from the times cheating has occurred.

Codemasters can clear the times, but lets be realistic, people wanting to cheat will find a way to squeeze their name in at the top eventually so whats the point.

It wont just be obvious times that arent legit.

Edited by SIMRACER123
2 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

Your entitled to say you disagree.

But lets say 20 people came on here stating they were able to use cheat software to manipulate their time to be in the top 20 and only be marginally ahead of legit times.

Would you be ok with this because the dodgy laps several seconds faster were gone?

It just seems odd for anyone to say they are ok with people cheating just so long as they can't tell.

No, as I already covered very deliberately in my previous post.

1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

No, as I already covered very deliberately in my previous post.

I do see what your saying but really at this stage the only reason to clear the leaderboard is for codemasters reputation purposes as frankly the times make it look a little silly.

However from the gamers point of view, the times being removed really make no difference if the ability to cheat still exists as the leaderboard will remain full of times that are not legit.

• Disagree 1
3 hours ago, SIMRACER123 said:

what about the other few hundred that are ahead of you that have been a bit more clever about it.

There are never a few hundred ahead of me. I've been top 50 the last 2 events and on 2019 I was frequently in the top 20 and top 10. If anybody knows when a bull$h!+ score appears, it's me. The Weekly Events are all I focus on so over Time, I've got to know who the fast legit players are. Like I said if people want to regulate their cheating speed in game to try and make the score seem legit that's fine but the quali time gives it away and the use of Assists as well. Removing people has worked in the past and I'd implore CM to keep doing it. 

Just now, Mike5500 said:

There are never a few hundred ahead of me. I've been top 50 the last 2 events and on 2019 I was frequently in the top 20 and top 10. If anybody knows when a bull$h!+ score appears, it's me. The Weekly Events are all I focus on so over Time, I've got to know who the fast legit players are. Like I said if people want to regulate their cheating speed in game to try and make the score seem legit that's fine but the quali time gives it away and the use of Assists as well. Removing people has worked in the past and I'd implore CM to keep doing it. 

Yes I've noticed you seem rather passionate about weekly events.

Which does raise the question why especially when you can't be so sure if your ever in the correct position come the end given you never know who is doing what at the moment.

Still, if your able to come up with a full proof solution to provide 100% accurate leaderboards, I'm sure codemasters are all ears.

4 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

Still, if your able to come up with a full proof solution to provide 100% accurate leaderboards, I'm sure codemasters are all ears.

That's what I'm working towards and that's what we all want here. Removing obvious cheaters is a start. It's a 1st step in the right direction

The question is, how are they even cheating? For example, if I use modded liveries and try to enter a multiplayer lobby, it will not let me due to "cheating". It won't even let me save my time trial times if I use a modded livery. So they're most likely loading the cheats when they're in a lobby.

• Agree 1
8 minutes ago, Mike5500 said:

That's what I'm working towards and that's what we all want here. Removing obvious cheaters is a start. It's a 1st step in the right direction

I think you will find thats what codemasters are working to resolve.

Out of interest, so if the ridiculous times are removed, do you honestly believe your in the correct position now on the leaderboard? 

5 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

I think you will find thats what codemasters are working to resolve.

Out of interest, so if the ridiculous times are removed, do you honestly believe your in the correct position now on the leaderboard? 

I have suspicions about certain players near the top but for the most part yes I do. But it's not just about my position being correct or not. It's about people who obviously cheat being removed because it's the right thing to do. 

16 minutes ago, Mike5500 said:

I have suspicions about certain players near the top but for the most part yes I do. But it's not just about my position being correct or not. It's about people who obviously cheat being removed because it's the right thing to do. 

Thing is Mike, without there being a sure fire way of knowing 100 percent the cheating problem is resolved, hypothetically nobody even knows if your times are legit.

Thats the problem. Remove some of the times all you like, but all others remain questionable... 

And therefore..pointless. 

4 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

Thing is Mike, without there being a sure fire way of knowing 100 percent the cheating problem is resolved, hypothetically nobody even knows if your times are legit.

Thats the problem. Remove some of the times all you like, but all others remain questionable... 

Agree to disagree

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

Mike knows, just as everybody else that takes part knows if they're cheating or not.

I'm really struggling to see how you can think banning obvious cheats is pointless. Just because something isn't perfect doesn't stop it being an improvement.

• Agree 1
4 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Mike knows, just as everybody else that takes part knows if they're cheating or not.

I'm really struggling to see how you can think banning obvious cheats is pointless. Just because something isn't perfect doesn't stop it being an improvement.

Its not overly complicated.

Your too focused on time.

Sure you can take away all the times that are not practical to do, but all it takes is people to specifically target the top of the leaderboard and make it seem legit and your in no different position.

The exception is they are there, you just dont know it.

If driver X posted a lap time 5 seconds quicker and had it deleted, if they are using a hack they are more than capable of creating a situation where they return to the top in a more "legit time" approach.

I'm not saying that codemasters shouldn't delete the times. I think they should as it makes their game look a little silly but at this stage to the user, without a guaranteed way of not being able to cheat, deleting a couple of results out of many is pointless.

My point is that it doesn't solve anything and your all still in the wrong positions irrespective of whether a couple of times at the top were deleted.

Its naive to think your in much of a better position just because a couple of unreachable times have been deleted.

6 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

Its not overly complicated.

Your too focused on time.

Sure you can take away all the times that are not practical to do, but all it takes is people to specifically target the top of the leaderboard and make it seem legit and your in no different position.

The exception is they are there, you just dont know it.

If driver X posted a lap time 5 seconds quicker and had it deleted, if they are using a hack they are more than capable of creating a situation where they return to the top in a more "legit time" approach.

I'm not saying that codemasters shouldn't delete the times. I think they should as it makes their game look a little silly but at this stage to the user, without a guaranteed way of not being able to cheat, deleting a couple of results out of many is pointless.

My point is that it doesn't solve anything and your all still in the wrong positions irrespective of whether a couple of times at the top were deleted.

Its naive to think your in much of a better position just because a couple of unreachable times have been deleted.

No. You're acting as if I think everything will be perfect with obvious cheats removed, when I've repeatedly said I don't.