F1 2020 | 1.07 PATCH NOTES NOW LIVE + ONLINE SERVICE CURRENTLY DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Free advertising for Codemasters

Posted (edited)

Does anyone else think that YouTubers such as Aarava, Tiametmarduk and Tom97 are being used by Codemasters as free advertising? Forgive me for being cynical, but it just seems to me that they're being allowed to broadcast footage of the game nearly a week before release so that they show off the ins and outs of My Team without Codemasters having to spend time and money doing so?

I know it benefits the YouTubers to be able to show the gameplay before anyone else, but surely it benefits Codemasters far more.

Edited by WestHam66

Yes, I think you are the only one who thinks that they are used as free advertising.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WestHam66 said:

Does anyone else think that YouTubers such as Aarava, Tiametmarduk and Tom97 are being used by Codemasters as free advertising? Forgive me for being cynical, but it just seems to me that they're being allowed to broadcast footage of the game nearly a week before release so that they show off the ins and outs of My Team without Codemasters having to spend time and money doing so?

I know it benefits the YouTubers to be able to show the gameplay before anyone else, but surely it benefits Codemasters far more.

This is what being an influencer in 2020 is about. At the end they do make money playing this game. So in a certain sense they benefits from the game too. I actually like the way Codemasters is promoting the game. I love the games handed to specific YouTube channels. I would say more racing channels less generic gaming channels. Those have the views but sometimes you see videos and gameplays made by people who have no idea of what F1 is about. I guess it works with casual players but there are gameplays out there that can make a good videogame look bad...

Posted (edited)

this is what marketing for games are now, that's why companies like EA have programs like the game changers. i follow many battlefield youtubers so if i was to see any news or rumors or want to see gameplay i will usually go to their channel and watch their videos. when i watch gameplay videos on youtube this for me is very vital in deciding on if i will get a game or not. watching review videos in my point of view i take with a pinch of salt but actually seeing someone play it whether it before release or after i find really helpful and understanding for what i'm going to spend my money on

Edited by Nightfire1964

Posted (edited)

They’re all schills 🙄

Lite entertainment when pinching a loaf but nothing more 💩

The only thing that’ll get me “smashing that like button” or “hitting subscribe to never miss an episode” is a YT’er that calls it like it is (i.e. the bad with the good) & actively uses their insane frequency of ‘content creation’/engaged subscribers to put pressure on the game studios to do better.... 

So, um, if you know of any, lettuce know 😉

Edited by Guga_Cyr
  • Agree 1

Actually I was disappointed 😞 

It was like someone had opened one of my birthday 🎂 presents. 

Its basically spoilt my early access as some big YouTubers were say f12020 was rubbish 🗑 🙄 and some were saying how good 👍 f12020.

Overall I am happy 😊 with f12020. 

Wish list. Headphones are too quiet 🤫 

No podium pass vip with premium f12020 edition so far.

Mercs. Should be black  

FFB still could do with more tweaking. 

Light rain.  Hardly a wet track 👣 

And wheel damper. It should be fantastic on 100% but for it to work it has to be on only 5%.

Tyre model still needs more work. 

I was expecting the (bittern and hisses F1 Jordan) .

And although gave us in Schumacher edition .the very early Jordan and 1994/5 benettons . They've actually taken away more classic 🚗

.what is 👏 brilliant is you can save 250 car settings and adjust 4 tyres.

Overall 9/10 

Just hope they don't do there normal **** and radically change or alter f12020 with bad and silly 😜 updates 😜 

And that why you tubers get free games 🎮 🤣 so they can influence us.

Personally they don't influence me but they do ruin the experience of opening and playing a brand new game because they've shown everyone all over YouTube lol

On 7/9/2020 at 6:44 AM, senna94f1 said:

Its basically spoilt my early access as some big YouTubers were say f12020 was rubbish 🗑 🙄 and some were saying how good 👍 f12020.

Mercs. Should be black  

And wheel damper. It should be fantastic on 100% but for it to work it has to be on only 5%.

And although gave us in Schumacher edition .the very early Jordan and 1994/5 benettons . They've actually taken away more classic 🚗

Overall 9/10 

Just hope they don't do there normal **** and radically change or alter f12020 with bad and silly 😜 updates 😜 

Personally they don't influence me but they do ruin the experience of opening and playing a brand new game because they've shown everyone all over YouTube lol

cmon... it ain't that bad...

it was only a mistake...

it happens...🎮

On 7/9/2020 at 6:44 AM, senna94f1 said:

Mercs. Should be black  

Overall 9/10 

If your headphones are quiet change the audio settings not surprising that the black Mercedes isn't in the game they did reveal it rather late and it has to get approved by Mercedes ect

Posted (edited)

Well I have scored f12020.

Wait    9/10 

The other bits were my personal opinion. 

Overall f12020 is a great 👍 game 🎮 <  personally I use t300.

Liverys are not really my thing as I like the actual real f1 car Liverys.  F1 manager is good. 

But for those older folk.  We had or still lol F1 manager way back 2000. Its still pretty impressive considering its 20 years old 😄 

And no one has mentioned the massive amount of car setup saves  250 

Regarding the mercs car colour.  It has a black 🖤  stripe on the car.

Headphones are Sony wireless platinum. When put on night mode in the sound menu they are a lot louder. The f1 games are the only racing game that has a preset max volume built into the game. As I say its not an issue. 

But they have been asked over the years could they possibly allow the players to preset the volume 🤔 

There's lots to be pleased with for f12020.

Edited by senna94f1
F1 Fan for over 40 years.

On 7/9/2020 at 7:44 AM, senna94f1 said:

Mercs. Should be black  

Overall 9/10 

If it ruins your experience so much, why do you even bother to watch? You know you can choose to not watch them and make everything feel brand new when you play for the first time.