The biggest problem in f1 2020: tracklimits

Posted (edited)

Almost every part of f1 20 is better than f1 19 unless the tracklimits.

It was a massive step backwards to make them more strict. 

To not collect a ton of time time penalties you need to know where the tracklimits are. But in this game it is strange. Sometimes you have to leave the track with all 4 tires before you receive a penalty as it is in real life f1 and as it should be in the game.

On the other side on some corners you collect penalties as soon as you leave the track with 2 wheels...

It is unpredictable... 

Please check this out CM.

@BarryBL

Edited by iosis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

You have been very vocal moaning about the track limits in every thread that this topic is brought up.

Why don't you instead post a proper bug report with screenshots and video evidence of problematic areas so the dev team can take a look at it and make the appropriate adjustments.

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 2

This is a fundamental problem. I can bring video evidence of some corners but should i do this for every corner in all 22 tracks?

You get penalties before you leave the track with 4 tires in 50% of all corners.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I understand your frustration, I really do. But in order to fix these bugs and issues, they really need some evidence to take a look at it. Maybe start with one track per day.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 3

fun fun fun. There should be something in between strict and regular (which is ridiculous). Bring back the F1 2019 tracklimits back.

20200721214714_1.thumb.jpg.e9ca61bd2e5351bb673fd82add1ffd4e.jpg

btw i had the whole sim-season in f1 2019 not a single timepenalty. Im not some noob that cries about the tracklimits.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, iosis said:

Ok so test this. Do that again but this time pause the game, check the replay and then see if you were off track. I guarantee you were even by a smidge.

Your racing view does not tell you where the outside of your tyres are in relation to the track.

If on the off chance I am wrong and you were still on track, then create a bug report with the video and Codies will sort it.

Edited by martbloke
  • Agree 4

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, iosis said:

btw i had the whole sim-season in f1 2019 not a single timepenalty. Im not some noob that cries about the tracklimits.

You are not a cry baby, yet you provide no bug report and continues to cry. By the way, you were over the white line in that video, both occasions. White line to white line means strict track limits. And that's how strict should be.

Also, popular streamers who are very very very fast drivers, don't have the track limits problem. For instance I watched TRL Limitless today doing a 33 lap race in Spain and got 2 or 3 warnings I believe all were justified (went over white line) No complaints from him.

Edited by ragequit1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

In your video you went off the track in both occasions, it's not that hard to see (but as already stated it would be even easier to spot with the external cam). The warnings system worked the way it's meant to be.
I know it can be very frustrating (I play with cockpit view and it is even harder to spot whether I'm inside or not)

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

I cant believe that you support this.. 

• Agree 1

Why shouldn't I? Track limits are a thing even in real Formula 1 (they actually copied the penalty system used in the game for this year's regulations)

14 minutes ago, iosis said:

I cant believe that you support this.. 

Why wouldn't anyone support a system that penalises drivers from going over the limits of the track? Only those that can't manage to stay on track consistently or want to abuse the limits wouldn't - not saying you abuse the limits as it's clear from your video that you are just trying to eek as much as possible out of the track as you can but unfortunately went a smidge too far. It happens.

I am certain you will adapt just like you had when the limits were further back on the track and you pushed them to the limit to see how far you could go. It's just a slight adjustment period like learning a new track. You'll master it 1 day and then have no issues. Some people can't deal with change and as rage has said, there are some mighty fast drivers that are staying in bounds and have no issues so those moaning about the limits just need to get better at it tbh as it's proven it can be done. Skill will win.

As has been said over many other threads, it's more an issue with the penalty system IMO that needs a slight adjustment. Doing what you did and getting 3 seconds for a time penalty is quite harsh just for 3 warnings. The track limits are fine. Either the number of warnings need to be upped, the system needs to recognise the amount of the track extend and penalise accordingly (i.e. if you extend by what you did, then have like 5-6 warnings like that before a penalty, but if you are say 1-2 wheel width at least passed the line, then have 3 of those before a penalty) or other systems like have x number of laps with no warnings and you win back a warning (you are on 2 warnings but because of clean driving, you win 1 back and now on 1 so need 2 more for a penalty instead of 1) and/or make off-track less grippy to deter peeps from going too far (this should be a given in the game anyways).

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ragequit1 said:

You are not a cry baby, yet you provide no bug report and continues to cry. By the way, you were over the white line in that video, both occasions. White line to white line means strict track limits. And that's how strict should be.

Also, popular streamers who are very very very fast drivers, don't have the track limits problem. For instance I watched TRL Limitless today doing a 33 lap race in Spain and got 2 or 3 warnings I believe all were justified (went over white line) No complaints from him.

why should it be harder in a race then in 2019?? makes ns...

if i see answers like ragequit's, then i have no hope for a good formula 1 2020

Edited by butchji92
  • Disagree 1

i drove a 50% racs in hungary on monday, tuesday and wednesday and got 9s on the third race though i tried to stay on track as good as possible. Almost every other player in our league had multiple timepenalties. 

how are your personal experiences with strict?

yeah limitless only got 2 warnings in a race. We are some tenth slower than him, maybe its because of our skill that we cant drive a 50% race without penalties (though we league race since many years) and like i said its not like regular is a great option.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, ragequit1 said:

this is no bug report boy

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, D4rio said:

Why shouldn't I? Track limits are a thing even in real Formula 1 (they actually copied the penalty system used in the game for this year's regulations)

nope....

You can use the curbs in reallife without getting penalized.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, D4rio said:

u ever watched real formula 1 ?

Edited by butchji92
  • Confused 1

Wherever the track limits are, everyone will push them to gain an advantage. The strict limits option does not match real F1 but as an in-game system it's not obviously a problem to me. Won't everyone just get used to the new limits in time and drive accordingly?

• Agree 2

Just now, Ultra3142 said:

Wherever the track limits are, everyone will push them to gain an advantage. The strict limits option does not match real F1 but as an in-game system it's not obviously a problem to me. Won't everyone just get used to the new limits in time and drive accordingly?

even u lose ur rear and dont gain time u will get penalized, i never had such a problem in 2019. and every fight u get pushed off track u get penalized aswell. its no fun at all

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, iosis said:

nope....

You can use the curbs in reallife without getting penalized.

11 minutes ago, butchji92 said:

u ever watched real formula 1 ?

Yes I do, but these two staments makes me wonder if you did watch the first three races of this season...
Lots of laptimes have been canceled during free practice and qualify, also if I recall correctly a driver got a white&black flag in Austria/Styria for track limits (Grosjean maybe?)

I repeat, track limits are a thing and as rules should be followed accordingly.

Edit: I want to add a side note: in real Formula 1 not all apexes are being monitored, only those where an advantage can be gained when cutting. This is to alleviate the costs of installing pointless sensors all over the track and also the marshals workload 

Edited by D4rio

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, D4rio said:

Yes I do, but these two staments makes me wonder if you did watch the first three races of this season...
Lots of laptimes have been canceled during free practice and qualify, also if I recall correctly a driver got a white&black flag in Austria/Styria for track limits (Grosjean maybe?)

I repeat, track limits are a thing and as rules should be followed accordingly

https://youtu. be/PNwPpqaLE60 watch it at 3.49min

Edited by butchji92
  • Confused 1

Note that Codemasters have called the limits option 'Strict' not 'Realistic' so I'm not too sure it's worth getting stuck into a debate about what limits are applied where in real F1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ultra3142 said:

Note that Codemasters have called the limits option 'Strict' not 'Realistic' so I'm not too sure it's worth getting stuck into a debate about what limits are applied where in real F1.

i know it will nothing change, like i saw in past.

just a shame that codemasters has the license for himself, a second party would be great for the competition, then codemasters would move his ass 😎🤙

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

They've chosen to stick to this terminology for legacy reasons, presumably.

Real Formula 1 does apply a similar corner stringency rule for the 2020 season, the only difference being they apply it only on corners where cutting can give a clear advantage (see my note in my earlier post).

Edited by D4rio
  • Agree 2