Jump to content

The biggest problem in f1 2020: tracklimits

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, D4rio said:

 

 

Yes I do, but these two staments makes me wonder if you did watch the first three races of this season...
Lots of laptimes have been canceled during free practice and qualify, also if I recall correctly a driver got a white&black flag in Austria/Styria for track limits (Grosjean maybe?)

I repeat, track limits are a thing and as rules should be followed accordingly.

 

Edit: I want to add a side note: in real Formula 1 not all apexes are being monitored, only those where an advantage can be gained when cutting. This is to alleviate the costs of installing pointless sensors all over the track and also the marshals workload 

thats not true my friend. 

they were deleted when the drivers where over the curbs with all 4 tires. They used the curbs all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Note that Codemasters have called the limits option 'Strict' not 'Realistic' so I'm not too sure it's worth getting stuck into a debate about what limits are applied where in real F1.

do you drive in leagues with strict?

and also i asked for something between strict and regular, something like "realistic". Just copy and paste the f1 2019 track limits, which were the best we ever had in a f1 game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, iosis said:

thats not true my friend. 

they were deleted when the drivers where over the curbs with all 4 tires. They used the curbs all the time.

I thought we were talking about track limits, not how they are defined.
 

If we're talking about the latter then yes, real Formula 1 can declare the kerbs as the real track limits, wether in the game the track limits is always the white line. I think Codemaster can adjust those limits accordingly with those stated by the FIA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, D4rio said:

I thought we were talking about track limits, not how they are defined.
 

If we're talking about the latter then yes, real Formula 1 can declare the kerbs as the real track limits, wether in the game the track limits is always the white line. I think Codemaster can adjust those limits accordingly with those stated by the FIA.

yeeees, codemasters can put them anywhere they want to. And this time they are to harsh in my opinion. In your opinion they are ok. So what is the discussion about? 

Do you drive in leagues with strict?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, iosis said:

 

yeeees, codemasters can put them anywhere they want to. And this time they are to harsh in my opinion. In your opinion they are ok. So what is the discussion about? 

Do you drive in leagues with strict?

My opinion is: I'm ok with the penalty system, but the track limits could be adjusted to the real ones. This can lead to a little bit of confusion initially (am I allowed to go over the kerb or the white line in turn X?) but this would make the game more realistic.

I don't play in any league, only ranked by the way (with strict limits). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great, i am also okay with the tracklimits over 5 lap races ^^

btw it was not confusing in f1 2019 at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, iosis said:

 

This video is a very good example. And these scenarios happen at every track! Austria, Belgium, Spain... doesn't matter.

The edge of the kerb should be defined as the track limit. Like in real life. The current system is broken and way too harsh. It makes no sense.

Unfortunately the kerbs at most tracks are outdated and not the real ones, too... I think about track limits more than my actual driving, which takes a lot of fun away from actually competing online.

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, iosis said:

 

yeeees, codemasters can put them anywhere they want to. And this time they are to harsh in my opinion. In your opinion they are ok. So what is the discussion about? 

Do you drive in leagues with strict? 

I drive in a league with strict settings on 100% races. It's always the same, only the fastest guys which try to gain the last tenth mostly get warnings and penalties. In my last season i never got a time penalty, but i'm always not the fastest.

For me it's totally fine how it is designed. You practice and get used to the limits than you have to deal with it.

The only thing which is wrong and was also last year, if you are forced of the track, or you exeed track limits but loose time you will be also penalised. I had to drive straight on turn one in Canada to avoid crashes. I stopped in the middle and lost 2 or 3 sec and positions, but on top i got a penalty.

Edited by Akkan74
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TSR Zinker said:

This video is a very good example. And these scenarios happen at every track! Austria, Belgium, Spain... doesn't matter.

The edge of the kerb should be defined as the track limit. Like in real life. The current system is broken and way too harsh. It makes no sense.

Unfortunately the kerbs at most tracks are outdated and not the real ones, too... I think about track limits more than my actual driving, which takes a lot of fun away from actually competing online.

yay another opinion of someone that drives 50% races

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you practise 3 full races and focus and still get 9s over 33 laps...

and like 2 people managing to not get penalized. This is going to be a fun season...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

I drive in a league with strict settings. It's always the same, only the fastest guys which try to gain the last tenth mostly get warnings and penalties. In my last season i never got a time penalty, but i'm always not the fastest.

For me it's totally fine how it is designed. You practice and get used to the limits than you have to deal with it.

The only thing which is wrong and was also last year, if you are forced of the track, or you exeed track limits but loose time you will be also penalised. I had to drive straight on turn one in Canada to avoid crashes. I stopped in the middle and lost 2 or 3 sec and positions, but on top i got a penalty.

I'm 100% sure you agree with me that the reason we race and drive F1 cars is to go as fast as possible and not drive within some limits and make sure you win by not getting penalties. It's a joke. I could easily cruise around the track and give away at least 0.5sec and get no penalties but what's the point? No fun in not pushing in a quali session. In a race I could understand it a bit more.

In a league situation it sucks and is simply just annoying.

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TSR Zinker said:

I'm 100% sure you agree with me that the reason we race and drive F1 cars is to go as fast as possible and not drive within some limits and make sure you win by not getting penalties. It's a joke. I could easily cruise around the track and give away at least 0.5sec and get no penalties but what's the point? No fun in not pushing in a quali session. In a race I could understand it a bit more.

In a league situation it sucks and is simply just annoying.

That's not the point. You should be as fast as possible, but within the given limits. Thats the point here. If you use strict rules you have to deal with it. If it means you lost a tenth in a corner, than do it or get a penalty, but don't blame the game. Otherwise we could skip all the limits.

  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i like it how people that only drive 5 lap races disliking comments that criticize our opinion on how it feels to do 50% races within this tracklimits.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

That's not the point. You should be as fast as possible, but within the given limits. Thats the point here. If you use strict rules you have to deal with it. If it means you lost a tenth in a corner, than do it or get a penalty, but don't blame the game. Otherwise we could skip all the limits.

Exactly: anyone can easily go faster if there were no limits. Limits are not being used to hinder the driver, rather to ensure the driver doesn't push too much, gaining an unfair advantage over the others.

Edited by D4rio
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, iosis said:

fun fun fun. There should be something in between strict and regular (which is ridiculous). Bring back the F1 2019 tracklimits back.

20200721214714_1.thumb.jpg.e9ca61bd2e5351bb673fd82add1ffd4e.jpg

this is a screenshot of our second tier. They will have even more problems than the top drivers from our first tier, who are also not enjoying the TL in this game.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, iosis said:

i like it how people that only drive 5 lap races disliking comments that criticize our opinion on how it feels to do 50% races within this tracklimits.

I feel you're talking about me, the funny thing is I never said I race 5 laps races only...

But this is beyond the problem anyway: racing for 5, 20, 30 laps makes no difference at all. If you get penalties because you get tired after more than 10 laps, maybe 50% races are not exactly your thing....

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

boy you are in the wrong discussion.

I am the host of one of the fastest german leagues (no flex, just facts) and do league racing since years. Maybe dont judge if i am getting tired after 10 laps. Just do some 50% races on strict for your self, than join this conversation again. The only thing that makes me tired is people talking about things they have 0 experiences with.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, iosis said:

 

What shall this picture explain?

It shows only the unwillingness of people to follow the rules.

Take it or not, the strict limits are a rule from Codemasters not official F1 rules. If you want to race with it, you have to deal with the possible penalties. I don't get it what the failure should be.

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

What shall this picture explain?

It shows only the unwillingness of people to follow the rules.

Take it or not, the strict limits are a rule from Codemasters not official F1 rules. If you want to race with it, you have to deal with the possible penalties. I don't get it what the failure should be.

i am sure you will do better than 90% of our drivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, iosis said:

boy you are in the wrong discussion.

I am the host of one of the fastest german leagues (no flex, just facts) and do league racing since years. Maybe dont judge if i am getting tired after 10 laps. Just do some 50% races on strict for your self, than join this conversation again. The only thing that makes me tired is people talking about things they have 0 experiences with.

Don't be rude. You didn't know anything about other peoples and their experiences. The fact that you are racing in a league doesn't show that you are the only one with the right meaning. There are people out there which have different meanings. Deal with it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If F1 was more stricter in real life instead of differing from one track to another track limits in F1 2020 wouldn't be as a issue.

Edited by DANDREWTHOMSON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, iosis said:

i am sure you will do better than 90% of our drivers.

Is this the explanation? Together with "i am the host of the fastest league" shows you are a real adult. I think any further conversation doesn't make any sense.

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DANDREWTHOMSON said:

If F1 was more stricter in real life instead of differing from one track to another track limits in F1 2020 wouldn't be as a issue.

tracklimits like this wouldnt be feasible in real f1. Fans would go crazy. Even hamilton and co. will get at least 3 warnings in a race, even when they focus on nothing other than the tl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to @Akkan74 for responding on my behalf.

I repeat once again: I never said I play 5 laps only nor I never participated in an online league, yet this guy keeps telling me I have 0 experience and whatever... at this point I think there is no space for discussion anymore.

  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, D4rio said:

I thought we were talking about track limits, not how they are defined.
 

If we're talking about the latter then yes, real Formula 1 can declare the kerbs as the real track limits, wether in the game the track limits is always the white line. I think Codemaster can adjust those limits accordingly with those stated by the FIA.

???????? he is talking about tracklimits da-fuq?????????????????

Edited by butchji92
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×