Jump to content Jump to content

Can't shift gears in some cars (T300RS GT).

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

In some of the cars older than the 1992 Williams I can't change gears. These cars: 1988 McLaren MP4/4, 1990 McLaren MP4/5B, Jordan 191 and McLaren MP4/6. Had the same issue in F1 2019. Nothing happens when I try to shift up or down. Clutch works. All other cars seem to work.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

3.       Game-mode? 

Time Trial. Haven't tried in anything else  in F1 2020 yet but in Career events in F1 2019 it also happened.

4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

I have tried all mentioned cars, plus some of the others that do work, on multiple tracks. It always happens with these cars.

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

I have all the latest drivers and software. Since I had the same issue in F1 2019 I hoped it would be gone with F1 2020 but it's still there. Tried both USB2.0 and USB3.1 ports, same issue.

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Thrustmaster T300RS GT (T3PA pedals), both with standard wheel and Ferrari F1 wheel.

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

I haven't recorded it, a video won't say anything more.

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Lakrits

There are 2 clutches in the key bindings, have you tried assigning the 2nd clutch? The cars mentioned use h pattern gearboxes so where the gear numbers are listed individually will be a 2nd Binding for clutch 

Edited by cearp8858

Well, after a bit of research I have concluded that this issue is with the cars with manual gearboxes and shifters and not semi-automatic gearboxes like cearp8858 suggested.

Since I don't have a separate shifter and don't plan to get one I don't know how I'll be able to drive these cars. Shifting with a keyboard isn't very practical.

• 2 weeks later...