Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

(PC) Got stuck behind Safety Car

Just played on my team the Australian GP, after 42 Laps the SC appeared. I was already lapped and P15 before it came out and then I got stuck behind the leader.

The order was:

SC; P1 Bottas, P 15 (me), P16, P17, P18, and then P2-P14.

In the end the race restarted, i had to let the whole pack lap me again, ending up 1 lap behind P 14. So the race was pretty much over.

In real world i would be allowed to unlap myself. Is it a bug that I wasnt able to pass Bottas and the SC to unlap myself? Than SC makes no sense if I am already lapped.

Played on PC, No Screenshots, Xbox Elite Controller was used. Version 1.03. My Team Mode, 100 % Race with SC activated.

• Agree 1

Update: It happens all the time. For me a full distance race is not playable with Safety Car activated.

It happened 4 times to me. It is always the same procedure.

Following things cause the problem:

1. You are lapped

2. Full SC is deployed

3. You are closing the gap to the SC

4. Then you are not allowed to pass the SC

5. The race restarts, as soon as the SC comes in, you are penetrated by blue flags because you are a lap down compared to the pack.

Happened to me in Australia, Bahrain, Hanoi and in Span. 4 times, always the same bug.

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Following things cause the problem:

1. You are lapped

2. Full SC is deployed

3. You are closing the gap to the SC

4. Then you are not allowed to pass the SC

5. The race restarts, as soon as the SC comes in, you are penetrated by blue flags because you are a lap down compared to the pack.

2.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

3.       Game-mode? 

MyTeam
4.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Until now 4 times:

Happened to me in Australia, Bahrain, Hanoi and in Span. 4 times, always the same bug.

5.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Tryed to use flashback. It didnt help.

6.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Xbox elite controller, PC with Win10, Vega 56 GPU, Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GB RAM

7.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

Yes, made some screenshots. I also do have 2 videos where it appears. Can post that if you want me to do so.

Screenshot 1: Safety Car appears and tells me to stay behind

Screenshot 2: Race Director

Screenshot 3: Restart of the Race. Blue flags everywhere. Cars 1-11 will have to pass me.

Screenshot 4: Race Result. All lapped cars were not allowed to pass the SC. So all reamained lapped.

F1 2020 screenshot 1.png

screenshot 2 f1 2020.png

screenshot 3 f1 2020.png

screenshot 4 f1 2020.png

Reading other threads apparently they are never going to fix this thing it’s been in existence for three years. It just completely butt raped my 100% that race. I was left by Hamilton got stuck behind Hamilton so I was in a theoretical second slot and even though I was in a competitive race all the sudden I was left by the entire field I was like 50 something laps in and it completely wasted the last hour and a half of my life. I don’t know how the hell they can allow some thing so game breaking to exist in the game still it’s remarkable

• Agree 1

A game having bugs is understandable but an official game with a lot of an essential feature like SC being a mess since years is unacceptable.

instead of asking proof of replication, please CM test the SC and fix this!

In à game, there are priorities and unfortunately you don’t seem to understand this.