DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Cars are not showing up in garage and events but are showing in time trial mode

I have recently purchased Dirt Rally 2.0 GOTY edition during steam sale and I noticed that some the of the cars are missing from Events section as well as in Garage. I can see and drive these missing cars in Time Trial Mode. For e.g. the whole R5 class of cars are missing from Events section and from Garage and when I try to take a part in an event which requires R5 cars, it asks me to buy them even though I own them.

If any one knows how to fix this issue, please let me know.

i have the same problem in PS4, i purchase all DLC cars but they not appear in my garage even for me to buy, and because of this i cannot buy a kitcar for the only trophy left for me 😞

This is a long time issue, many people post about this, many topics, and codemasters don't do anything about it, its a shame, last game i buy for this company.

I contacted Codemasters through their customer service via email and I got the following response.

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Dirt Rally 2.0.

Please note that any cars obtained via DLC may not appear in all game modes. To check if your car has been successfully downloaded, see if it appears in the Freeplay - Time Trial mode.

To use it in the other modes may require you to purchase it using in-game currency.

Hope this helps.

I don't understand if car (e.g. R5 class) is part of the base game then why do I have to buy them again with in game credits to play them in Events. Also from this response it is not very clear which cars do I need to buy again using in game currency to be able to play them in Events section. I was under assumption that If buy the DLC or if car is part of the base game then it will appear in all the games mode.

Posted (edited)

The events are part of the online "career" my team and therefore CM had the idea that you can only participate if you have enough experience in lower tier cars and after that you buy the higher tier cars. So you start with some lower tier cars in your championship and get money from that to work your way up to the higher tiers.

In my team the championship and events let you earn in game money to buy new cars.

Edited by Peter Mathen

ok, the problem is that the cars that i purchase, the DLC cars, they show up in free mode, but they don't show up in carreer mode, i already finish all the ranks in carreer and the cars don't show up in my garage even for me to buy, i have a lot of in game money to buy cars, but the dlc category like  kitcar  don't show up ever, i already waited so many refreshes, and nothing, in fact i only buy the DLC to get the trophies, and the only trophy left for me is the one that need to buy a kitcar 😞

How can i buy a kitcar if they never show up?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Luvinha said:

ok, the problem is that the cars that i purchase, the DLC cars, they show up in free mode, but they don't show up in carreer mode, i already finish all the ranks in carreer and the cars don't show up in my garage even for me to buy, i have a lot of in game money to buy cars, but the dlc category like  kitcar  don't show up ever, i already waited so many refreshes, and nothing, in fact i only buy the DLC to get the trophies, and the only trophy left for me is the one that need to buy a kitcar 😞

How can i buy a kitcar if they never show up?

One of the many bugs ... for me, I'm on PC, all categories show up.

Normally if you enter an event without the needed car a popup leads you directly to the dealership to buy a car. Means if there is a event the needed car is available to buy (with in game money).

Edited by Peter Mathen

i already try that.

Theses days a kitcar event shows up, i try to enter, a pop up show up saying that i don't have the car and there are no car available in this caregory in this moment, try again later.......      and the car never ever show up  😞