Jump to content Jump to content

Does Dirt Rally support multiple input devices?

Phorkz

Hi guys,

Question as per title, does Dirt Rally support multiple input devices at the same time?
Sorry if the answer to this is here on the site, i have searched and cannot find it anywhere.

Specifically i plan on using a Logitech G27 Wheel:

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-au/product/g27-racing-wheel

in conjunction with a Fanatec standalone handbrake:

http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/sim-racing-hardware/clubsport-handbrake-us.html

handbrake will go into a usb adapter and be plugged into usb on the PC.

As mentioned, (and is obvious) i would like to be able to use both of these input devices at the same time.
I can confirm that it works. Been using a G27 + modded X360 controller for DIY handbrake here, works like a charm. Beware if your external handbrake is analog though, I think they haven't added support for analog handbrake just yet (but did say they will in the near future).
Qiou87 said:
Beware if your external handbrake is analog though, I think they haven't added support for analog handbrake just yet (but did say they will in the near future).
Would that mean that an analog handbrake wouldn't work at all, or would it just be seen as an on/off switch for the time being?
NLT said:
Qiou87 said:
Beware if your external handbrake is analog though, I think they haven't added support for analog handbrake just yet (but did say they will in the near future).
Would that mean that an analog handbrake wouldn't work at all, or would it just be seen as an on/off switch for the time being?
Yes it will still work. I would have to check when I get home (it kind of feels as if it's analog but that might just be a placebo) But even tho it's a flight-sim stick it does feel good to use. So much better than a button on the wheel. 
Barnestah said:
Yes it will still work. I would have to check when I get home (it kind of feels as if it's analog but that might just be a placebo) But even tho it's a flight-sim stick it does feel good to use. So much better than a button on the wheel. 
Yeah using the flight stick is a good idea. Unfortunately I don't have one and I'm forced to use a button on the wheel, which doesn't feel too immersive :(
Barnestah said:
Did you get a chance to test it?
I did and it seemed to work as I would have expected it to. That's not to say a full anolog handbrake is actually  implemented yet. But for me it did seem to progressively tighten the rear wheels until lock. 

Some extra conformation on this would be appreciated. As it felt correct from bonnet cam but from an external view point didn't look quite right. 
Barnestah said:
I did and it seemed to work as I would have expected it to. That's not to say a full anolog handbrake is actually  implemented yet. But for me it did seem to progressively tighten the rear wheels until lock. 

Some extra conformation on this would be appreciated. As it felt correct from bonnet cam but from an external view point didn't look quite right. 
Cool, thank you for confirming ;)

Archived