Sign in to follow this  

#FeedbackFriday 03/07/15

Sorry I've not been about this week all, I'm currently working "hard" the Holjes round of the FIA World RX (yeah I know its a hard life)

Anyway this week's #FeedbackFriday is a double bill!

Tell us how you feel about our Tarmac Terrors Update 

And we'd love to hear what you think about our partnership with the FIA World RX more info on that here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsWYmLt9H2s

The only thing I can say with regards to the World RX is that I hope there will be more than 3 Rallycross circuits in the game by this time next year. 

Can't wait the RX update !! looks great
The update "tarmarc terror are rly good but where is the tracks throught the vineyards?? 
All the track look the same (panzerplatte style), Germany rally is a mix beteween military camp, forest and vineyard.
Pls give us some other track for germany

looks great ! hopefully there is more tracks than 2.variety is the spice.

in mp on rallycross will there be full contact ? penalties ? ghost mode ?

it should be amazing fun just dont want another GRID 2 " ramfest " .

only thing i dont like at minute in game is leaderboards and positions not showing.that drives me crazy everything else im happy with.

Concerning the RX, if you could add us the track of Mettet in Belgium, it would be great...

1. Tarmac Terrors

Superb. I had reservations about this, as I would love to see tarmac stages on closed roads winding their way through villages, vineyards and cornfields (and still do!), but on the few passes I've been able to make I've been grinning from ear to ear. I still have to invest a bit more time in them to review them properly, but both stages seem coherent but at the same time sufficiently different from each other. Your first three locations perfectly capture the spirit and atmosphere of modern rallying and these are no different. Does the grip need tweaking? Yes, but no doubt that will be altered through EA.

The cars included are also superb choices. Again, I was hesitant about the FWD kit cars, because that era is not my cup of tea, but they are a very different proposition to other classes and I appreciate that. There's something a little odd looking about the Seat that I can't put my finger on, but I'll need to look in more detail.

The other 3 though; superb to a fault. I was originally disappointed about the lack of modern machinery in this game (hopeful for more 2011+ in Modern Masters), but the 70s class has taught me to forget that and enjoy it. The Opel is a great addition to this field and the two new Group B cars are more than welcome additions. I haven't had much time to experiment with either yet, but am looking forward to doing so.

Along with the other two not-yet-released cars (the A110 and R5), which I confess to being disappointed about not seeing, I must give all credit to whoever is deciding on which classic cars to include and hope there will be more to come, something I didn't previously think I would look forward to.

2. World RX license

I'll be honest here; I was expecting it and had accepted that rallycross would be part of this superb game, but it has still been a little disappointing to see official confirmation from my side. I feel the rallying part if the game is far from finished, especially in terms of the number of stage kilometres available in each country, and seeing the resources being devoted to rallycross circuits and models is a little galling.

The rallycross itself is one thing, but the license raises a few fears about WRX content becoming the main feature, for contractual reasons. This might not be the case, I literally don't have a clue, but I hope you can understand that fear of World RX becoming the new Ken Block.

That negativity out of the way, I congratulate you on managing to secure a prestigious license and I'm sure you'll do the sport prouder than any other developer likely would.

And part if me is hopeful that the Polo, DS3 and new Fiesta models will be a great base for rallying versions of the same cars! Now stop reading and go watch the next heat...

The Tarmac Terrors update was great. The game needed some nice tarmac stages and you deliver. Awesome that you could get the Kit Cars and the Lancia 037 was begging to make an appearance.

As for World RX, I like rallycross too, I believe it has its place in this game. I only hope it doesn't detract from the rally content.

1. Tarmac Terrors

Superb. I had reservations about this, as I would love to see tarmac stages on closed roads winding their way through villages, vineyards and cornfields (and still do!), but on the few passes I've been able to make I've been grinning from ear to ear. I still have to invest a bit more time in them to review them properly, but both stages seem coherent but at the same time sufficiently different from each other. Your first three locations perfectly capture the spirit and atmosphere of modern rallying and these are no different. Does the grip need tweaking? Yes, but no doubt that will be altered through EA.

The cars included are also superb choices. Again, I was hesitant about the FWD kit cars, because that era is not my cup of tea, but they are a very different proposition to other classes and I appreciate that. There's something a little odd looking about the Seat that I can't put my finger on, but I'll need to look in more detail.

The other 3 though; superb to a fault. I was originally disappointed about the lack of modern machinery in this game (hopeful for more 2011+ in Modern Masters), but the 70s class has taught me to forget that and enjoy it. The Opel is a great addition to this field and the two new Group B cars are more than welcome additions. I haven't had much time to experiment with either yet, but am looking forward to doing so.

Along with the other two not-yet-released cars (the A110 and R5), which I confess to being disappointed about not seeing, I must give all credit to whoever is deciding on which classic cars to include and hope there will be more to come, something I didn't previously think I would look forward to.

2. World RX license

I'll be honest here; I was expecting it and had accepted that rallycross would be part of this superb game, but it has still been a little disappointing to see official confirmation from my side. I feel the rallying part if the game is far from finished, especially in terms of the number of stage kilometres available in each country, and seeing the resources being devoted to rallycross circuits and models is a little galling.

The rallycross itself is one thing, but the license raises a few fears about WRX content becoming the main feature, for contractual reasons. This might not be the case, I literally don't have a clue, but I hope you can understand that fear of World RX becoming the new Ken Block.

That negativity out of the way, I congratulate you on managing to secure a prestigious license and I'm sure you'll do the sport prouder than any other developer likely would.

And part if me is hopeful that the Polo, DS3 and new Fiesta models will be a great base for rallying versions of the same cars! Now stop reading and go watch the next heat...
Bang on post there. Couldn't agree  more & if I could have composed it like that I would have done. :)

Congratulations, Awesome Germany Stages!!!!

No so happy about including rallycross, I will try it of course and don`t doubt about the quality you are used to deliver but for me it`s boring after some time, guess because the circuits are of course shorter than Rally Stages.  

I hope you continue after release with more countries for Rally or new stages.  As far as I know will be seeing Finland and Sweden this year.

would be glad if not included in the game to have paid Downloads for other Rallys like Argentina, New Zealand, Australia, Indonesia, Japan, etc. 

1. Tarmac Terrors

It was sure a very nice add to this game. The stages are awesome! The atmosphere is very involving and the courses were well thinked. Long straight section plus acute corner plus straight section plus hairpin... just love the flow. I do hope that a year from now we end up getting more than two complete stages per rally, because I'm already learning the German stages by heart.

Now the cars, I'll say I'm over the fence, at this moment. While I'm actually in love with the 306 because of its handling, its shape, its history, its 11k RPM engine, but most of all, its sounds, I got hugely disappointed by 037 engine noise.

(Going a tad off-topic) The main reason why I think DiRT Rally is the best game launched in years is because it gives me the most seductive and engaging experience, just like Half-Life 2, for comparison. I feel like playing Network Q RAC Rally Championship from '95 all over again. Ok, the stages were longer back then, but still DiRT Rally is a delight to drive, and the replays are so alive. When the car is coming towards a hairpin, it's like I'm watching a real footage on TV! It's a complete package: the physics, the graphics and the sound.

Oh, the sound: IMHO DiRT Rally made a huge breakthrough when it comes to audio. Everything is amazing! The engine sound that gets muffled as the car goes by, the superb skid noises, the metal squeeks inside the car... so many rich details! I got only one gripe about the audio: Some cars doesn't seem to have the correct engine sound.

I understand that it is a arduous process to get the best engine sound for each cars, but what I cannot understand is it feels like some of the cars didn't even get an effort to have a matching engine sound and others just retroceded! Take the Impreza, for exemple: Why didn't Codies use the DiRT 3 engine sound? It used DiRT 2 one instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chjl9L-Glq4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1aXsvH2_W4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SROTaMSDVXY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m53LDFh2Sk

But there are some great wins, like the 306 and the Audi (I'll cut Codies some slack for attaching the whine noise to 306's engine, not transmission, as it is the only known game that reproduces this sound :wink: )

This...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Uj3okAClE

...is very very very close to this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGr54t_dbX0

Now what does this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zx9z06a3-A

...has anything to do with this? Without the supercharger whine, it's just the M3 engine sound slapped to that 037...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3nND-x-X2E

To sum it all: Without the correct engine sound, some cars in DiRT Rally just doesn't have the carisma that their real counterparts have, but it is very good to see that Codies is adding top notch quality new locations and cars to this game.

2. World RX License

I'll make RogerDavies words mines. Plus I'll pinpoint some data:
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/7125/pool-so-what-have-you-been-playing-rally-or-hillclimb#latest
Ok, I believe RX will eventually get more sugar from us than Hillclimb did, but just keep this in mind:

Among 55 voters:
-50% said they do rally only;
-Only 7% said that they do fifty-fifty;
-0%, none, zip, said they do Hillclimb only.

DiRT Rally is beeing praised as a superb Rally game. Devising it too much away from rallying would not be good. :smile: 

RallyX is all the rage right now. It is hugely popular, even in the US. So, let's give it a chance. I would love to see the FIA WRC be what is was in the 80's and 90's, and DR is giving us that...with more to come...I hope!

I quite like this tarmac update, the tracks are superb. The cars are fabulous as well, I can even see the joy in the little fwd angry bees that people seem to love for whatever reason - but as others before me have mentioned, the grip needs just a little bit of work.

I'm pretty neutral towards the rallycross business, could be a nice addition I guess - but if the game is becoming anything like its lesser predecessors with this whole dudebro attitude, I'm gone faster than people can say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Do not want.

Tarmac Terrors: Awesome. Codemasters have done a great job choosing markedly diverse regions, and Germany is another unique pair of stages.  Its fast straights and tight corners are so different from the tarmac of Monte Carlo, and the rain drives and even feels like a different character than Wales. CM may not have the WRC license, for whatever that's worth, but the game still has the stages, and it's awesome being able to drive the real things. Panzerplatte is a welcome addition.

The one thing the update is missing though is the arrows on the stage maps indicating the direction. 

World RX: Better WRX than GRC.  ;) WRX may try to be all hip with its fluorescent website and Monster Energy Stiletto Heels and Ridiculous Rhino Award, but it still feels too European for ex-skateboarders and shoe salesmen—and it has Solberg. In any case, the rallycross is fantastic racing, so I'm excited to see CM with the WRX license, and hear you want to do a proper rallycross experience. Looking forward to the World RX race format, joker laps, and Neil Cole as the spotter.

it looks good , nice to hear about officla RX cars and liveries too but does this mean that you can only use this particular class for RX races?? I would like more cars to chose for RX like in DIRT 2 (all cars all tracks style , f not all the most) :/ :|

i'm late, but i'm looking toward the RX update, and for the tarmac update, lot of fun, looking toward you updating the sound to something closer to reality for all cars....especially the 037 adn the impreza

BTW, also, could you please update some of the dashboard to keep them close to reality ?

AFAIK, Group A impreza used that dashboard :