Sign in to follow this  

No WEATHER effetcs in GRID Autosport?

Heard that dynamic weather would not be in Autosport? is this true? if there is no rain, or transitions from dry to wet etc. I'm not gonna buy this game. Weather is an essential element of Motorsport. it completely effects any race when it changes.

I wouldn't of said it is essential. It would be a nice feature yes, but also one which requires a lot of resources. Maybe next time on next gen!

@Oscar97

Pretty sure this is in reference to the Formula 1 series having dynamic weather for quite a while now and its on the same engine.

It isn't in the game so I guess you wont be buying it, considering there isn't pitstops I don't see how it would work anyway.

I wouldn't of said it is essential. It would be a nice feature yes, but also one which requires a lot of resources. Maybe next time on next gen!
What's this next-gen' you speak of...PS5, XboxTwo?  ;).  But yeah, imagine this game with the rain/spray/surface effects of the F1 games, and the windscreen splash of Dirt 2.  Codemasters have produced some of the best weather effects of any game....just not all at the same time.  To pay Peter, they have to rob Paul (with the 'old gen').

Even GT series feature weather effects now. I hope CM is taking seriously to include weather effects in all their future racing games. The lack of weather condotions in this generation racing tittles, such as Grid, Dirt, Forza, etc has been ashaming.

If only PGR series would be still alive...

hola said:
Even GT series feature weather effects now. I hope CM is taking seriously to include weather effects in all their future racing games. The lack of weather condotions in this generation racing tittles, such as Grid, Dirt, Forza, etc has been ashaming.

Dirt definitely has weather!! Although I still agree :)

doyley101 said:
hola said:

Dirt3 had weather conditions but they were totally cosmetic. Weather didn't affect the handling in this game, thus It s***** balls, like the rest of the game did too tbh, why negate such fact.

LOL as if next-gen would make ANY difference to CPU power or lack thereof. The next-gen consoles are hanging already 2 generations behind any stock PC on release. 

Would be nice, but I have the feeling, that monetary interests these days are shortening the development phases to the extent where bling is often considered not necessary. 

@Andi: Excuse me? Why are pit-stops the only factor for making weather effects viable please?? It changes the dynamic of a given race regardless. I do not understand that notion whatsoever.

Signed.
hola said:
doyley101 said:
hola said:

Dirt3 had weather conditions but they were totally cosmetic. Weather didn't affect the handling in this game, thus It s***** balls, like the rest of the game did too tbh, why negate such fact.
Well, its totally isn't cosmetic for me, car handling is much more slippery on wet dirt than dry one, not to mention some icy areas in Monte Carlo rally stages where cars just slide sideways...